Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman pulls shotgun on 'loud workers'

questionmark

CHANNELVIEW, Texas, Aug. 1 (UPI) -- An elderly Texas woman allegedly pulled a shotgun on construction workers who were making too much noise outside her home.

Harris County authorities were called to the home of 90-year-old Eleouise Adcock and she allegedly pointed the gun at the first deputy who arrived.

That led to a standoff between a SWAT team and Adcock that lasted for nearly four hours.

• Like 1

Good for her!

Am wondering what part of 'Shut the hell up' the workers didn't understand.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

You know those granny's. 90 years old

I had a shot gun pointed at my head in mexico once. I didn`t say a word.....

• Like 2

I wonder if it's the same old woman Blue Iris prank called?

I had a shot gun pointed at my head in mexico once. I didn`t say a word.....

I know the feeling - had one pointed dead center of my chest up close and personal and the look in the eyes told me all I needed to know....
  • Like 1

Ah Texas... how I love to not visit thee...

• Like 1

I reckon I'd fit right in.

You probably would El.

My Dad was from Texas, never saw him pull a gun on anyone.

I was actually shot at once...didn't happen in Texas though.

• Like 2

Good for her!

Am wondering what part of 'Shut the hell up' the workers didn't understand.

Not taking this thread too seriously, but just to point out. It appears these guys were doing their job. What did you expect them to do? Stop working?

• Like 2

Sounds like she's the last house in the area...

I imagine it's nice and quiet at night when the shift is over.

unless.... nightshift... dun dun dunnnnnnnn

• Like 2

Not taking this thread too seriously, but just to point out. It appears these guys were doing their job. What did you expect them to do? Stop working?

Nope. Just work 'in harmony' with their environment and be aware of obstacles and dangers. Like crazy senior citizens with access to firearms.

yes, stop working!

they are working for a company who have obviously been bullying people who do not want to sell up. It happens far too often and why the heck should people put up with this kind of noise and bullying just because the big bucks boys want their way? It happens far too often.

She won't sell her property to the company and is apparently irritated that they keep asking.

http://www.upi.com/O.../#ixzz39G0wMNdz

I am currently living in an area which was advertised as tranquil and peaceful and now the council have got their men to start building right opposite us, they say its for the better of the town, (we are on the edge of a town which has shops closing and plenty of buildings to restore and use BUT) they have signed a contract and its going to be 4 years of hell.....yes, we are moving, but for those who do not want to, its "tough ****e" they have decided to concrete the area with buildings and the monies have been passed and no one has a right to oppose it???

trust me, sometimes enough is just enough and if I had a shotgun and was not moving, mine too would be coming out.

• Like 4

kill them all... god will know his own?

yea, that sounds reasonable.

"Granny's last stand", ha ha sounds like the "Alamo", facing up to a S.W.A.T. team for 4 hrs takes a lot of nerve, it sound like this unscrupulous company are using all means possible to get her out of her house, but old folk don't like change, so good luck to her.and I hope the guys making the noise are ashamed of their actions. (Is her true name Calamity Jane).

• Like 3

yes, stop working!

they are working for a company who have obviously been bullying people who do not want to sell up. It happens far too often and why the heck should people put up with this kind of noise and bullying just because the big bucks boys want their way? It happens far too often.

She won't sell her property to the company and is apparently irritated that they keep asking.

http://www.upi.com/O.../#ixzz39G0wMNdz

I am currently living in an area which was advertised as tranquil and peaceful and now the council have got their men to start building right opposite us, they say its for the better of the town, (we are on the edge of a town which has shops closing and plenty of buildings to restore and use BUT) they have signed a contract and its going to be 4 years of hell.....yes, we are moving, but for those who do not want to, its "tough ****e" they have decided to concrete the area with buildings and the monies have been passed and no one has a right to oppose it???

trust me, sometimes enough is just enough and if I had a shotgun and was not moving, mine too would be coming out.

You make huge assumptions with no justification. The truth could well be the opposite, we don't know.

You make huge assumptions with no justification. The truth could well be the opposite, we don't know.

Yes we do know, it states it quite clearly in the article:

Adcock has lived in her home for more than 40 years, but the properties on either side of her are now occupied by a marine towing company. She won't sell her property to the company and is apparently irritated that they keep asking.

"They've bought properties there along the waterfront, and taken down three to four houses and made room for their equipment and stuff."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/08/01/90-year-old-woman-allegedly-pulls-shotgun-on-loud-construction-workers/4971406919108/#ixzz39JsYxzUo

It is also very clear that they were fully aware of how frustrated this woman was, but still carried on, because they did not give a damn: Why did they not do anything before? because the company wanted her out, they did not want the police involved as they thought they could just bully her out themselves.

"They told us she has pointed weapons at them before," said Harris County Sheriff's Deputy Thomas Gilliland. "They didn't tell anyone about it the first few times. This time they felt she was much more angry about them being here working and excavating the dirt."

There are no assumptions here, its all pretty clear.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for this old lady. All she wants is to be left in peace so that she can die in her own home. It's too bad this towing company didn't have the insight to retain a real estate agent who could have found a lovely little house (in another location) and offered it (along with free moving and any help she might need) in exchange for her current property.

Money alone would mean little to a 90 year old. The exchange I suggested might have done the trick, but our society is very insensitive to the needs of its elderly. Shame on us, these old people were the greatest generation...went through the great depression, stood up to Hitler. They deserve our respect and some degree of kindness.

• Like 4

I feel sorry for this old lady. All she wants is to be left in peace so that she can die in her own home. It's too bad this towing company didn't have the insight to retain a real estate agent who could have found a lovely little house (in another location) and offered it (along with free moving and any help she might need) in exchange for her current property.

Money alone would mean little to a 90 year old. The exchange I suggested might have done the trick, but our society is very insensitive to the needs of its elderly. Shame on us, these old people were the greatest generation...went through the great depression, stood up to Hitler. They deserve our respect and some degree of kindness.

She still of might not moved , I know we( as in all the uncles and my family) tried to get my grandmother to move like fives times but she just refuses to do it. She will probably stay in that house until she dies.

But the offer still would of been nice

Edited by spartan max2

Yes we do know, it states it quite clearly in the article:

Adcock has lived in her home for more than 40 years, but the properties on either side of her are now occupied by a marine towing company. She won't sell her property to the company and is apparently irritated that they keep asking.

"They've bought properties there along the waterfront, and taken down three to four houses and made room for their equipment and stuff."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/08/01/90-year-old-woman-allegedly-pulls-shotgun-on-loud-construction-workers/4971406919108/#ixzz39JsYxzUo

It is also very clear that they were fully aware of how frustrated this woman was, but still carried on, because they did not give a damn: Why did they not do anything before? because the company wanted her out, they did not want the police involved as they thought they could just bully her out themselves.

"They told us she has pointed weapons at them before," said Harris County Sheriff's Deputy Thomas Gilliland. "They didn't tell anyone about it the first few times. This time they felt she was much more angry about them being here working and excavating the dirt."

There are no assumptions here, its all pretty clear.

""I knew she was going to be on the news eventually," neighbor Ralph King told WVEC. "She's hard to get along with. It's her way or no way.""

Yes there are. We don't know what they have done to try to reach agreement with her.

""I knew she was going to be on the news eventually," neighbor Ralph King told WVEC. "She's hard to get along with. It's her way or no way.""

Yes there are. We don't know what they have done to try to reach agreement with her.

haha, hard to get along with, what do they expect after what they were putting her through? So because she was not willing to sell up to the bullies, "she`s hard to get along with" ???

They wanted her OUT, it was their way or put up with the noise and harassment.

They made her life a misery, and you wonder why she was "hard to get along with"?

She did not want to leave her home of 40 years and sometimes it does not matter how much money is offered, some people do not want to move...but these bullies get their way in the end when they finally push people over the edge!