Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy drains entire pond to find dropped iPhone

Still Waters

Okay, first of all: What?

Secondly: WHAT!?

• Like 2

I can understand his wanting the phone data card back. Almost everyone I know has no idea what anyone else's number is. They only put it into their phone once and then call by name, not number.

If the pond was deep enough that he thought he needed a diving suit, then how did he really expect to drain it in one night? I do admire his gumption though. :tu:

there use to be a radio dj that played a game..he would read a crazy story and ask his audience, is it from florida or is it from germany?

• Like 1

A- for effort

F- for attempting to retrieve an idiot phone

Seriously tho, I give the kid credit for trying. :)

I doubt it was actually an iPhone. iPhone's can't actually use any kind of "data card". They use on board storage ONLY. Was probably an Android but they called it an iPhone to simplify the news story for the masses.

That's a reason to get a Droid phone. Google backup all of your data, pics, etc so in case you do lose your phone, a new one and a fast download and you're back in business. I can't believe Apple doesn't have something similar.

They do have "something similar". It's called ICloud.

Edited by Ins0mniac

Nothing like destroying nature to retrieve your sorry ass Iphone. Stupid-ass kids. Nothing amuses me more then watching the gaggle of techno-zombies tweet about what they ate for lunch before sending their facebook friends game invites.

• Like 1

Did you read the article properly? He wasn't trying to save his phone, but his data card.

iPhones don't have data cards...

iPhones don't have data cards...

SIM card?

I ask because I really don't know. I won't own anything made by crapple.

SIM card?

I ask because I really don't know. I won't own anything made by crapple.

Quote I knew the phone was probably dead but wanted to get the data card back with the numbers, pictures and videos of my friends.’

SIM cards don't store pictures or videos.

Maybe it wasn't an iPhone. :wacko:

• Like 1

Quote I knew the phone was probably dead but wanted to get the data card back with the numbers, pictures and videos of my friends.’

SIM cards don't store pictures or videos.

Maybe it wasn't an iPhone. :wacko:

Thanks for pointing that out, slipped my mind since I read the article yesterday. It certainly does not sound like an iPhone at all. Good call. :tu:

iPhone: Understanding SIM cards

This article discusses the SIM card in your iPhone, and how to use it to import contacts and other information.

Note: This information applies to devices that use a SIM card.

Just like most cellular phones, the iPhone uses a SIM card to determine the phone number, carrier, and features are available for the account. However, the iPhone does not store contacts and phone numbers on the SIM card.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4994

So the iphone has a SIM card, which is needed to use some connection features, but it does not store anything like personal data, or pictures.

Probably the kid knew it had a SIM card, but not that nothing was stored on it.

Apparently there are ways to get pics and data off a totally trashed iphone, but they can get expensive and I doubt the kid could have afforded it, or done it himself.

Yea, but all he had to do is tell his dad HD had dropped it in the lake and ruined it. Wouldn't have to tell dad it was twenty feet under water.

One would think it would not take too long to realize the toilet was not hooked up to anything.