Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery of the 'Ground Zero ship' solved

UM-Bot

Experts have been trying to identify the origins of a ship found buried beneath the World Trade Center.

Discovered by workers in 2010, the remains of an old sailing ship found underneath the building's old foundations in New York prompted a great deal of interest and speculation at the time as attempts were made to determine what ship it was and how it came to be there.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ero-ship-solved

• Like 2

Tree rings.... Good detective work by those guys.

• Like 1

I've never heard about this before. Finally, something of historic interest in our own backyard!

They found...a building...built out of the same tree...from 200 years ago... :o

I'm not sure "Good detective work" covers it!

• Like 1

Ok, we know where it came from...but how did it get there?

it's mentioned in wikipedia.

"The western portion of the World Trade Center site was originally under the Hudson River, with the shoreline in the vicinity of Greenwich Street. It was on this shoreline close to the intersection of Greenwich and the former Dey Street that Dutch explorer Adriaen Block's ship, the Tyger, burned to the waterline in November 1613, stranding Block and his crew and forcing them to overwinter on the island. They built the first European settlement in Manhattan. The remains of the ship were buried under landfill when the shoreline was extended starting in 1797, and were discovered during excavation work in 1916. The remains of a second ship from the eighteenth century were discovered in 2010 during excavation work at the site. The ship, believed to be a Hudson River sloop, was found just south of where the Twin Towers used to stand, about 20 feet below the surface.

The area that was cleared for construction of the original World Trade Center complex was previously occupied by various electronics stores in what was called Radio Row. These streets and stores were demolished in the 1960s to make way for the World Trade Center."

• Like 5

I was going to also say that the entire East Coast has had major landfill done in urban areas. So the ship was likely wrecked in shallow water and then buried when the city spread over it. Go look at a map of Washington DC from 100 years ago and then at what it looks like today. The differences are huge.

The 'Mystery' is a cover-up story cleverly conjured up by Unholy-Anti-Christian sources, probably the devilish Illuminati. The truth, and nothing but the truth, is - that it is not a Philadelphia sailing ship - but Noah's Arc ! :-)

• Like 1

@stance,thanks for your comment..I had read about this a few days ago and thought it was REALLY weird..I thought "how could a ship be buried underneath the WTC?But that explanation and the fact that they dated the rings in the wood makes sense..I don't think there's any conspiracy here like some probably think there is..but some people will still believe that there is and that the "shadow GOV" or Illuminati or some group like that is covering up something..oh well...

Ok, we know where it came from...but how did it get there?

That whole part of Manhattan used to be the Hudson river. It was filled in over the years as the city grew.

There's all kinds of cool history that has been unearthed in the lower part of the city.

it's mentioned in wikipedia.

"The western portion of the World Trade Center site was originally under the Hudson River, with the shoreline in the vicinity of Greenwich Street. It was on this shoreline close to the intersection of Greenwich and the former Dey Street that Dutch explorer Adriaen Block's ship, the Tyger, burned to the waterline in November 1613, stranding Block and his crew and forcing them to overwinter on the island. They built the first European settlement in Manhattan. The remains of the ship were buried under landfill when the shoreline was extended starting in 1797, and were discovered during excavation work in 1916. The remains of a second ship from the eighteenth century were discovered in 2010 during excavation work at the site. The ship, believed to be a Hudson River sloop, was found just south of where the Twin Towers used to stand, about 20 feet below the surface.

The area that was cleared for construction of the original World Trade Center complex was previously occupied by various electronics stores in what was called Radio Row. These streets and stores were demolished in the 1960s to make way for the World Trade Center."

My bad, missed that. Thank you for the clarification. When one cannot sleep, they sometimes miss things from articles. I stand corrected.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow great find, historical gem in the most unlikely of places!