Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bilocation and ghost

XenoFish

Bilocation is the alleged psychic ability to be at two places at the same time. I have only two experiences with this and they are not my experience but those who seen me at different spots. The first is my mother. I lived across the street from my parents house when this happened, and I work in the machine shop behind my the house with my father. I had to go to work one night to catch up on some stuff. Supposedly I walked through my parents front door and out the back without saying a word. Then a few minutes later I actually can in their front door. Both were asking me why I said nothing when I first came in. Thing is I didn't come in until after they saw this apparition of me. Strange.

The second time was when my wife and kids saw me standing in the doorway of our bed room. This time I was asleep. Having been working for 14 hours a day every day for several weeks. Yet I stood at the closed door and apparently walked through it. My wife checked on me after they saw me and I was out cold, snoring up a storm.

These things seem very strange to me and I half believe what I've been told. But it had me thinking, what if ghost are people who unconsciously bilocate? Sort of an out of body experience?

I've tried to intentionally project for years and have had no real results (besides lucid dreaming). Yet I still wonder if this is a possible explanation.

Anyone else have a story to tell and possible idea's as well?

Edited by XenoFish

The thought of a someone seeing a visual apparition has more than once led me to consider your train of thought. Could it be someones projection?

• Like 1

It sounds like astral travel.

My friend's mother was seen in two places at once and she used to have a number of OBE's.

Perhaps you've got a gift here.

That's the interesting things. I've tried and failed for years to project. I'm not sure if it's that at all. Unless I somehow unconsciously do it. This type of occurrence haven't happened (that I know of) in years. Mostly I get the "Did you say something?" response when I don't actually say something. Another thing I do wonder about was the possible connection between projection and telekinesis. That if you can leave your body could you somehow manipulate objects. This came to mind when I pondering the poltergeist phenomenon. Sorry if these seems to be non-linear thinking. I tend to look at one phenomenon and what other one's it could be connected to.

If multi-location is a super-conscious or even conscious projection, is there a link to doppelgangers? I have occasionally had relations/friends/work colleagues (who should know what I look like) been quite offended and tell me I've blanked them when they've seen me - but I was certainly not at the place where they were at the time.

Is there also an aspect of alternate 'personalities' in projections; in cases where people have been tried and convicted of at times serious crimes, often a relative will say their <insert relationship to convicted person> couldn't be responsible for the crime in question - was it a different 'version' of the person they know?

This is purely out of curiosity. If you have a better explanation besides it being just an overactive imagination?

I could say that since everyone of us possess a bioelectromagnetic field that we interact through this at close range. At a level below our conscious awareness. Allowing empathic and/or telepathy possible, this could even account for gut instinct concerning how we feel about other people. Yet that would probably be woo woo.