Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists invent spray-on solar cells

UM-Bot

Developed at the University of Sheffield, the new technology could be applied to practically any surface.

Solar power is becoming increasingly common these days as more and more householders are opting to have solar panels installed in an effort too help cut down on their energy bills.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/270330/scientists-invent-spray-on-solar-cells

And they are inspired by the movie: "Cloudy with a chances of Meatballs!" Next invention would be Ratbirds and then the FLDSMDFR!!!

And they are inspired by the movie: "Cloudy with a chances of Meatballs!" Next invention would be Ratbirds and then the FLDSMDFR!!!

Spray on shoes!

• Like 1

I wonder if it would be enough to power an electric CSR without plugging in?

This is pretty cool. Cannot imagine the price tag that will be put on this tech.

I'm ready to paint the car and roof of the house. :)

• Like 1

This is pretty cool. Cannot imagine the price tag that will be put on this tech.

I'm ready to paint the car and roof of the house. :)

That's the problem. The cost of solar panels eats-up the energy bill savings. I did some research before I put in my new heat pump. The solar panels to run the system would save me an estimated $100/month on heating and cooling. Guess how much financing was a month. You guessed it $100/month. Then you have to worry about repairs from tree damage and just general maintenance and just how optimistic the estimate was.
  • Like 1

That's the problem. The cost of solar panels eats-up the energy bill savings. I did some research before I put in my new heat pump. The solar panels to run the system would save me an estimated $100/month on heating and cooling. Guess how much financing was a month. You guessed it $100/month. Then you have to worry about repairs from tree damage and just general maintenance and just how optimistic the estimate was.

I'm not surprised. All that is taken into account before products get into the market place. This way no matter what choice is made by the consumer, they are still paying the same price all the while making the idiot consumer feel as tho they actually had a choice in the matter. Marketing psychology I tell ya!

I'm ready for some cheap solar power. Just don't want to spend thousands to do so.

• Like 1

If they can make it look like "Millionaire Hair" bald people could be the batteries of the future.

This is an interesting development and the potential to turn practically anything into a solar power generator has huge potential.

• Like 2

I live in an inferno/desert. Anything solar powered is of profound interest to me.

Today I drove by a university parking lot where the shade covers were nice fat solar panels and I was pleased beyond all compare. If we are going to be bombarded by light and heat we might as well use it to cool our buildings and structures.

• Like 2

Sounds great! .. i thought i'd heard of solar cell Paint a few years ago? Lots of possibilities. If our devices and especially appliances ever get super efficient.. solar/light power will be the norm.