Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strong winds reveal new Nazca geoglyphs

UM-Bot

Lines forming the shape of a llama and a snake have been uncovered by recent sandstorms over Peru.

Located in the Nazca desert, the vast and ancient geoglyphs of the Nazca Lines are generally regarded as one of the most important archaeological discoveries in history.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/270335/strong-winds-reveal-new-nazca-geoglyphs

• Like 1

That is not a camelid, it is an amoeba. This is proof that the Nazcans were working with the author of the Voynich MS to create giant amoeba art.

It doesn't look like a llama to me either, but I am not sure what it DOES look like. Maybe three birds? Maybe not all of it was uncovered?

what i'm puzzled about, is why these pictures are considered "mysterious".

it's not as if there were no precidents when it comes to landscape drawings.

there are thousands.

why make a mystery out of something that isn't?

people have been drawing pictures on any available surface since time immemorial.

just because we don't know why (specifically-you can't put your modern mindset onto ancient graffiti), it doesn't mean they were exclusively meant for the gods, does it?

there's F-A-R too much emphasis placed on religion when it comes to ancient cultures, because we're viewing it through a 20c mindset.

only able to be viewed from the sky my ass.

clues to water?

maybe.

it makes more sense than [insert woowoo theory here] "gods".

these people were the same as us, they enjoyed art for art's sake.

why invoke gods?!

because it makes for a better story.

which is s#!t.

viewed upside-down, it looks like a Trade Federation lander about to disgorge its compliment of battle-droids.

but i'll betcha anything the Nazcans didn't anticipate the Star Wars prequels by 1400yrs.

if they HAD, i'll bet you a whole English pound they'd have f*©£ing drown George Lucas at birth.....

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

How are these new? I thought they were thousands of years old

:mellow:

Edited by OverSword

Funny how I just watched this documentary called Hidden Planet of the Nazca:

2 hours ago, which had 10 minutes on the Nazca Lines. Talk about synchronicity! One day, when I have the money, I will travel there and dig out those underground tunnels. Not mysterious at all!

The next one to be uncovered will be of Alfred E. Newman.

The bigger one kind of looks like two riders on a 'camel?'...the bird one doesn't really look too birdy to me though.

The image in the OP link is misleading, someone clearly, has outlined 'what they think' they are seeing, hence the camel ideas, but, take away the outlines and its...

BuH7X64CIAIvC8U.jpg

• Like 1

671256e55e7b94c478f77c4dd2aa2641afb98ec711bc9be66307aab25cd881fe.jpg

• Like 1

what i'm puzzled about, is why these pictures are considered "mysterious".

it's not as if there were no precidents when it comes to landscape drawings.

there are thousands.

why make a mystery out of something that isn't?

people have been drawing pictures on any available surface since time immemorial.

just because we don't know why (specifically-you can't put your modern mindset onto ancient graffiti), it doesn't mean they were exclusively meant for the gods, does it?

there's F-A-R too much emphasis placed on religion when it comes to ancient cultures, because we're viewing it through a 20c mindset.

only able to be viewed from the sky my ass.

clues to water?

maybe.

it makes more sense than [insert woowoo theory here] "gods".

these people were the same as us, they enjoyed art for art's sake.

why invoke gods?!

because it makes for a better story.

which is s#!t.

The people of Americas regard them as spirits or gods

"In 1985, the archaeologist Johan Reinhard published archaeological, ethnographic, and historical data demonstrating that worship of mountains and other water sources predominated in Nazca religion and economy from ancient to recent times. He theorized that the lines and figures were part of religious practices involving the worship of deities associated with the availability of water, which directly related to the success and productivity of crops. He interpreted the lines as sacred paths leading to places where these deities could be worshiped. The figures were symbols representing animals and objects meant to invoke the gods' aid in supplying water. The precise meanings of many of the individual geoglyphs remain unsolved as of 2013."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_Lines

Edited by Yes_Man
  • Like 1