Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Popes 10 Tips for Happiness

libstaK

1. Live and let live. It's an echo of the Pope's earlier remark on gays: "Who am I to judge?" Moreover, it's what Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount: "Judge not, unless you want to be judged yourself." (Matthew 7:1)

2. Give yourself to others. That is, give your money and your time to those in need. Don't just sit around like stagnant water. Give all you have and then some.

The rest are here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/04/opinion/parini-pope-10-tips-for-happiness/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

• Like 1

2. Give yourself to others. That is, give your money and your time to those in need. Don't just sit around like stagnant water. Give all you have and then some.

But I give stagnant water onto the mosquito population and have harvested much malaria as a result.

But I give stagnant water onto the mosquito population and have harvested much malaria as a result.

The malaria are surely rejoicing and singing your praises as their "God". :w00t:

i'd have thought the pope's 10 tips would have included lubricant and a dozen hail marys somewhere down the line.....

• Like 1

Good advice, he must have been talking to the Dalai Lama.

I don't agree that spending Sunday as a family to be the "Sabbath", but the reasoning of taking a day off to improve family bonds, spiritual growth and self reflection is a good piece of advice. The rest I find to be good and sound teaching. So far, I like this Pope :)

Now the hard part - how many are going to take him up on the challenge and actually try and live by a similar code?

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

I don't agree that spending Sunday as a family to be the "Sabbath", but the reasoning of taking a day off to improve family bonds, spiritual growth and self reflection is a good piece of advice. The rest I find to be good and sound teaching. So far, I like this Pope :)

Now the hard part - how many are going to take him up on the challenge and actually try and live by a similar code?

A similar code could take alot of different forms and some folk will excel in one part and not do so well in another but I hope everybody finds something there that makes them think about what it really takes to find happiness, even if they choose a personalised version and make up a list of their own - testing their ideas and improving as they go. I think the most important aspect is that people think about what happiness really is - not what western consumer driven society tries to sell them that it is.

A similar code could take alot of different forms and some folk will excel in one part and not do so well in another but I hope everybody finds something there that makes them think about what it really takes to find happiness, even if they choose a personalised version and make up a list of their own - testing their ideas and improving as they go. I think the most important aspect is that people think about what happiness really is - not what western consumer driven society tries to sell them that it is.

Agreed, the problem I see is that this is exactly what most people do, they DON'T think about these things, but nod and smile and say how nice it is, but then keep doing exactly what they've always done (sometimes I can put my hand up for blame, I'm not the superior moral standard to judge by)
  • Like 1