Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

loud slam on bedroom door

wingr

Just heard a loud slam on my bedroom door, and door handle shook, it scared the living hell out myself, my family are all asleep this just happened 10minutes ago and its not the 1st time I have heard a single knocking at my door but this is the first time I have seen the handle move, the other night my computer was turned on by itself ( I'm not sure if that is anything but I'm starting to add things up in my head) computer is in bedroom

time it happened 00:02 parents are a floor down and siblings are not in the house anymore. All windows are closed so no chance of a draft any one experienced this

• Like 1

Have you eliminated all possible mundane explanations for this? If a door is slightly cracked any difference in air temperature between you room and hallway (guessing) can slam or close a door. This would also cause the handle to rattle. As for your computer turning one I can only think of two answers. Your computer is on a timer so it automatically turns on or it's being remotely accessed. And you have to watch out for raptors, pesky buggers.

door is always lock I have it on a bolt so the door can't move, i think the computer is a separate case I thought it was worth mentioning

for the record the velociraptor was nothing like the ones in Jurassic park, the one you saw in that film where actually another dinosaur who had the IQ of a possum but had the name velociraptor cause Spielberg thought it sound more exciting

• Like 1

No drafts, vibrations, loose handle, echoes and the like? 90% of the time it'll be mundane sources, 5% hypnogogia/drifting out of consciousness issues, 5% the weirder side.

Any previous experiences in the current building or surrounding yourself in other locations?

What did the other time you suggest concern?

• Like 1

it's probably demons.. ! lol...

well i had one haunting in my room and another room in the house...

one day the door slammed hard when I wasn't home.

No windows where opened.

they told me about it when I got home. It was creepy but wonderful as they got scared !

It is always hard to tell with the computer coming if it is a mundane or not. As for the door slamming, humnnnnnnnn. Sometimes, it could be one little breeze coming from something new in the house, from past settlings. And if the floor slants, because of the same thing, that could be it. Just to let you, in my thinking, I am not saying that could be the reason definately. I am curious too.

I am still puzzled by an experience in my neighbor's and friend's house, which the walls are our walls (row housing, military style) This happened to her twice, the first time just her, the second I was there. Her first time, she had put down her toddler son to bed for a nap, with his room's window and door being wide open. The the three other doors in the upstairs hallway were hooked locked and shut. She was downstairs when she heard a door slam from this upstairs. She went to investigate. The three hooked locked doors were still shut tight. Her son's bedroom door was still wide open. What door slammed shut?!

Days later, I was over with my toddler son and her son was downstairs with us. We all heard it then. The sound of a door slamming shut from upstairs. She looked at me and said, "go ahead". Oh yeah, she knew I wanted to investigate. So I go upstairs, and of course three of the doors were hooked locked shut and shut tight and her son's bedroom door was..... still wide open. I still remember the freaky feeling that came over me. It doesn't look like it but, but a doors slammed shut, we heard it.

Just a little story that this thread reminds me of.

It is always hard to tell with the computer coming if it is a mundane or not. As for the door slamming, humnnnnnnnn. Sometimes, it could be one little breeze coming from something new in the house, from past settlings. And if the floor slants, because of the same thing, that could be it. Just to let you, in my thinking, I am not saying that could be the reason definately. I am curious too.

I am still puzzled by an experience in my neighbor's and friend's house, which the walls are our walls (row housing, military style) This happened to her twice, the first time just her, the second I was there. Her first time, she had put down her toddler son to bed for a nap, with his room's window and door being wide open. The the three other doors in the upstairs hallway were hooked locked and shut. She was downstairs when she heard a door slam from this upstairs. She went to investigate. The three hooked locked doors were still shut tight. Her son's bedroom door was still wide open. What door slammed shut?!

Days later, I was over with my toddler son and her son was downstairs with us. We all heard it then. The sound of a door slamming shut from upstairs. She looked at me and said, "go ahead". Oh yeah, she knew I wanted to investigate. So I go upstairs, and of course three of the doors were hooked locked shut and shut tight and her son's bedroom door was..... still wide open. I still remember the freaky feeling that came over me. It doesn't look like it but, but a doors slammed shut, we heard it.

Just a little story that this thread reminds me of.

Doors are always a strange thing when a place has legitimately compelling and repeated paranormal activity over years. My best friend has lived in his house for over 20 years and there's a list of bizarre occurrences, some can ofc be explained by mundane suggestions, others not so easy. On a few occasions he has literally heard the front door open and slam, the houses are packed together so nope next door/sound carrying cannot be ruled out, but when you've lived there all ya life you know the sound of your door. Besides that, he heard footsteps in the hallway up the stairs, again, having lived there for a long time he knows the sounds of the next door neighbours etc, He assumed it was his brother, waited, nothing. Ten minutes later his brother comes in normally, he asks him why he came in then crept out, he had no idea what he was on about. I have no idea why the ghost we suppose lingers there from time to time, would mimic or out of the blue do this but folding a shirt up, turning the tv on and the volume up and down when you approach... these are not logical things, there are many other examples with doors but nothing that cannot be explained by drafts, floor angles and vibrations etc.

• Like 1

Earthquake could move the door, and turn a computer on from sleep mode. Doesn't take much shaking, just a tiny bit to get things rolling. But I'm assuming since I brought it up there will be a claim of "the computer wasn't on sleep mode", "we aren't in an earthquake area", "I didn't feel an earthquake". And it doesn't have to be a natural earthquake, just something that shook the house a bit (large truck on highway is an example).

So, I posted a very possible reason of what happened. Take it as you like. One thing for certain, it's not something supernatural.