Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's your weather like today?

BrooklynGuy

It was 81 and pleasant here today. The weather forecast for the weekend is changing all the time. The Jersey shore is supposed to get storm surges as bad as Sandy through Monday morning. Guess the rain is still on for here Sunday. We will see!

• Like 5

Sunday...and it was gorgeous!! Sunny! Guess the Jersey Shore didn't get hit with storms, just tides. Hermine went further east than expected!

• Like 3

Our weather right now is balls!  32, feels like 36c.  Gotta love being suroounded by the Great Lakes, humidity like a motherfather.

• Like 2

Another heat wave...:wacko: 90's thru Saturday with humidity moving in! Can we please get on to Autumn?

• Like 5

Hot and humid with passing showers and gray skies. Highs in the high 80's and lows in the high 70's. We had minimal effects from hurricane Hermine.Hope all you nice folks here on UM are having a great day. :st

• Like 5

Not too shabby I guess. Highs in the low 90's and not quite as humid as it has been. Still, our AC bill is taking a hit!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ZZ430 said:

Not too shabby I guess. Highs in the low 90's and not quite as humid as it has been. Still, our AC bill is taking a hit!

Almost the same here...

Lower 90's and past two weeks much lower humidity!

Nights are starting to feel good again,strange thing is a few of the trees around here think fall is starting lol.We don't get fall around here until late Oct-early November just strange!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Almost the same here...

Lower 90's and past two weeks much lower humidity!

Nights are starting to feel good again,strange thing is a few of the trees around here think fall is starting lol.We don't get fall around here until late Oct-early November just strange!

I keep an eye out on the trees too. We live right next to the border of the national forest and it's a real comfort to walk outside and not have to see some snoopy neighbor sticking their nose in my business!~

This year the grass/weeds/shrubs/trees around the house have really been going crazy! Nothing turning gold yet.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ZZ430 said:

I keep an eye out on the trees too. We live right next to the border of the national forest and it's a real comfort to walk outside and not have to see some snoopy neighbor sticking their nose in my business!~

This year the grass/weeds/shrubs/trees around the house have really been going crazy! Nothing turning gold yet.

I hear that man,i hate nosey snooping neighbors lol

Yeah there is a hillside covered in trees next to my house and all of a sudden about a week ago 10 or 11 of them turned a deep red color overnight but the other several hundred are still green as can be... :blink:

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I hear that man,i hate nosey snooping neighbors lol

Yeah there is a hillside covered in trees next to my house and all of a sudden about a week ago 10 or 11 of them turned a deep red color overnight but the other several hundred are still green as can be... :blink:

Not "climate change" I hope! :lol:

I won't get political in this thread so I'll shut up!

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 4

We border the state game lands of thousands of acres...The fall foliage is indeed beautiful but raking all of those lovely leaves when they fall is a pain...I truly know it beats living in the big city...We gave 2 more days of high heat and then on Sunday into the 70's F with low humidity...I love fall and everything that it brings....My favorite season....

• Like 4

My favorite too JVG. Fresh apple dumplings and apple bread with raisins. Fresh made apple cider. Real pumpkin pie and fresh squash. The possibility of the harvest is endless! None of our trees are turning yet. This small town has mega tree-lined streets. Yellow, red, orange...can't wait! Wish it could be October, 70's and sunny all year long!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JVG said:

We border the state game lands of thousands of acres...The fall foliage is indeed beautiful but raking all of those lovely leaves when they fall is a pain...I truly know it beats living in the big city...We gave 2 more days of high heat and then on Sunday into the 70's F with low humidity...I love fall and everything that it brings....My favorite season....

There is a reason they are called "leaves", you leave them where they lay !

• Like 2

Heavy Winds and Strong Rain moving in from the north west!!! :D 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Habitat said:

There is a reason they are called "leaves", you leave them where they lay !

That sounds good in theory but the problem is that there are so many of them and they cover everything. We have to rake them to the front of our property line and the township comes to vacuum them up. If we get a early snowstorm they will not get picked up until spring.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, susieice said:

My favorite too JVG. Fresh apple dumplings and apple bread with raisins. Fresh made apple cider. Real pumpkin pie and fresh squash. The possibility of the harvest is endless! None of our trees are turning yet. This small town has mega tree-lined streets. Yellow, red, orange...can't wait! Wish it could be October, 70's and sunny all year long!

I'm with you susie the sooner the cool weather gets here is fine by me, I just love the colors of fall...

• Like 2

Today    
Sep 09    
pcloudyt.png    
Hi:91    
Lo:72    

Partly Cloudy with Isolated Storms

Ho hum...

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 2

Interesting how tree's decide when to turn colour.

From what i'd heard, tree's turn on the date of their first frost?...So if a tree was planted and its first frost came Oct 1- it will turn colours around that date forever more. Maybe.

http://www.almanac.com/content/fall-foliage-why-do-autumn-leaves-change-color

• Like 1