Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's your weather like today?

BrooklynGuy

Today here in southern Maine it's sunny but cold, highs only around 20 F.

And this morning it was -14 F when I woke up.

Their's also about a foot and a half of snow on the ground here. 

But a couple of days ago I traveled to Rhode Island.  And once I entered southeastern New Hampshire as I was heading south, there was no snow on the ground, even though that part of New Hampshire is only a little more than an hour south of where I live.

• Like 5

It's just cold with a possible bad snow storm in the forecast for the weekend. Knew it was going to start sooner or later. Calling for up to a foot.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

While you lot are freezing and battling shoulder deep snow, Australia is in the midst of a heatwave.

43c today. Which in the old system means 109.4f. Which is HOT.

The good news is that I am off work with a shoulder injury at the moment.

Working in a kitchen on a really hot day is hellish.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

It's been very cold the last few days, with highs in the low 20's and lows around zero. Heading back to Florida next week to warm up. :santa: 

• Like 4

Tomorrow here in southern Maine we're supposed to get a dusting to two inches of snow.  No big deal.

The storm on Saturday night into Sunday, on the other hand, will be a big deal.

• Like 3

The wind is howling. I'm freezing. The temperature is 13 with the realfeel at -8. The wind chills are a lot lower.

• Like 5

Currently sitting at 6 degrees F, snow on the ground.   Supposed to warm up some tomorrow, have ice/snow and then the arctic air will hit Tues. thru Thurs.  

• Like 3

Overcast and breezy with some rain expected this afternoon. High around 65 and a low in the mid 40's. 

• Like 3

It's snowing like crazy. We have about 3 inches now. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

It's 14 F outside right now and I'm sitting here thinking, this is the warmest it will be until Friday, if not the weekend. A snow squall is now expected around noon-1pm so we are being told a fast 1-2 inches of snow may fall as the arctic front comes in. News said this can make traveling nearly impossible as visibility will be zero and snowfall will be almost at whiteout. That's going to instantly freeze. A lot of our roads are not totally cleared and will be icy. Now they want it in the 40's by the weekend and 50 on Monday. That will bring more flooding as the ground is frozen. Just have to survive the next few days. Chicago's actual temperature right now is -22. That's without a wind chill. We will go below 0 tonight. Some places in Minnesota are in the -30's, real temperature.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

We had a massive snow storm a couple of days ago, but it's the first major snowfall we've had this winter so it's been pretty to look at. It's -16 C (3F) today (cold but not unbearably so) but so windy that I got blown back into two guys who were walking behind me. I was close to my building and they offered to walk with me the rest of the way. I would have been blown clear across the city if they hadn't grabbed a hold of me. Summers are great here by the lake, but the winters are brutal.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

We had a massive snow storm a couple of days ago, but it's the first major snowfall we've had this winter so it's been pretty to look at. It's -16 C (3F) today (cold but not unbearably so) but so windy that I got blown back into two guys who were walking behind me. I was close to my building and they offered to walk with me the rest of the way. I would have been blown clear across the city if they hadn't grabbed a hold of me. Summers are great here by the lake, but the winters are brutal.

Ooof!! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Summers are great here by the lake, but the winters are brutal.

When I first moved out on my own I had a flat near Woodbine and Queen. I don't think there was a colder corner in the whole city.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

When I first moved out on my own I had a flat near Woodbine and Queen. I don't think there was a colder corner in the whole city.

I can imagine. But The Beaches is such a great area to live in, frost bite is but a small sacrifice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I can imagine. But The Beaches is such a great area to live in, frost bite is but a small sacrifice.

Is it true it can be instantaneous today?

• Like 1

Just now, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Can what be instantaneous?

My apologies. Frostbite.

We've had 2 multi-car pile ups and 2 other bad accidents in our region today on major highways. All involving semis. One was at least 40 cars and trucks. Some serious injuries. A trailer jackknifed in a snow squall that caused white out conditions. The other was at least 14 cars and trucks. It's still being cleared. A semi crossed the meridian on another highway this morning. Some one was medivaced and another truck rear ended a pickup and pushed it into a house. These roads are icy and snow packed because of the cold that came in right after the snow. Slow down people!!

We're being told frostbite can happen in 5 minutes on exposed areas. That's for tomorrow when temps go -20 to -30. 

Edited by susieice
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, AMP1974 said:

My apologies. Frostbite.

Frostnip most definitely, and depending on conditions (wind chill in particular)  frostbite could occur in just a few minutes.

Instantaneously if exposed to metal or certain super-cooled liquids.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Frostnip most definitely, and depending on conditions (wind chill in particular)  frostbite could occur in just a few minutes.

Instantaneously if exposed to metal or certain super-cooled liquids.

Oh wow. Stay safe! 

• Like 3

Our accidents made national news tonight. Locally, we were now told that in the larger one, there were 27 vehicles involved with some entrapments where people had to be taken out. There were 9 people treated at the hospital, 2 are still in critical condition. In the 14 vehicle accident, there were no serious injuries. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3