Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's your weather like today?

BrooklynGuy

The wind has finally died down here.  But this morning it was in the single digits (F) and was rather windy.

The high this afternoon was 12 (F).

When will this winter ever end?

• Like 4

On 2/26/2019 at 7:00 PM, MainerMikeBrown said:

When will this winter ever end?

I feel that, on a deep, personal level.   I'm tired of winter as well.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I feel that, on a deep, personal level.   I'm tired of winter as well.  

Not me, I'm loving it. We got bombarded with snow today and it's so beautiful to look at. I'm kicking myself for not joining my family in Whistler this week, but will be heading out to Algonquin Park for some cross-country skiing this weekend. I'm starting to panic that winter's almost over and I've not got much time left to really enjoy it.

• Like 3

was a partly cloudy day and high hit about 40..was warm and sunny enough for chickens to get out and about. My mother says i have the most beautiful roosters and when the sun hits the dark one just right his feathers show their true colors.. hues of dark green, blues, and purples. 

• Like 3

Although I'm tired of winter, I do agree with Kittens Are Jerks that looking at new snow on the ground is nice.

Edited by MainerMikeBrown
  • Like 2

Snow last night. Snow tonight. Bigger storm coming Sunday afternoon. March is coming in like a lion!

• Like 3

It's sunny but cool today, high around 65 and a low in the high 40's. Gotta set the clocks ahead an hour this weekend. 

• Like 1

38*C(100F) with 62% humidity.

Please send rain. Or snow. Or ice cream.

• Like 2

was about 60F and partly sunny was nice to open up the house. Tomorrow supposed to be 70F and rainy

• Like 2

Looks to be nice and sunny today with high around 75 and a low in the high 50':s. Spring is right around the corner. 

• Like 2

A big thank you to whoever sent me the rain. Bucketing down it is.

Raining Cats and Dogs into a crocodile and bull shark infested river seems cruel however.

• Like 2

Whoever sent the rain... Please. STOP.

A tropical cyclone us on the way. Latest word is it could be a category 4 storm and the eye could pass within 20km of us. Or it could get us dead on.

Evacuation starts tomorrow. 

Fun and games. :)

• Like 2

OMG....20km?   As you know already, depending on which side of the eye you are on....total devastation from storm surge.  With a cat4 or cat5...wind devastation anywhere close to the eye.  

Good luck!   btw...the rain isn't going to stop....ever!  Watch out for the Lizzies!

• Like 2

The storm shouldn't get here until Saturday. So we will be well away by then. Then back for cleanup.

There are a LOT of islands it could start bouncing around on and head north of us easily so hopefully that is the case.

I love a good storm, but this is a little much for me.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AtlantisRises said:

The storm shouldn't get here until Saturday. So we will be well away by then. Then back for cleanup.

There are a LOT of islands it could start bouncing around on and head north of us easily so hopefully that is the case.

I love a good storm, but this is a little much for me.

We Be Watchin' Out for you AR.

"As Cyclone Trevor tracks across the Gulf of Carpentaria, the Bureau of Meteorology is forecasting that the cyclone will make landfall between Borroloola and Groote Eylandt during Saturday as a category four severe tropical cyclone," Mr Gunner said.

Mr Gunner said the severity of the storm, the significant threat it poses, as well as the complications that come with the remoteness of the area, led to the decision to start evacuations.

Authorities have warn Trevor could bring wind gusts in excess of 200-300km/h as well as massive rainfalls.

The last Category 4 system to hit the Top End was cyclone was Cyclone Lam in 2015, however authorities warn this system is much larger.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, joc said:

We Be Watchin' Out for you AR.

"As Cyclone Trevor tracks across the Gulf of Carpentaria, the Bureau of Meteorology is forecasting that the cyclone will make landfall between Borroloola and Groote Eylandt during Saturday as a category four severe tropical cyclone," Mr Gunner said.

Mr Gunner said the severity of the storm, the significant threat it poses, as well as the complications that come with the remoteness of the area, led to the decision to start evacuations.

Authorities have warn Trevor could bring wind gusts in excess of 200-300km/h as well as massive rainfalls.

The last Category 4 system to hit the Top End was cyclone was Cyclone Lam in 2015, however authorities warn this system is much larger.

It has started to swing towards Borroloola now. 

We have evacuated inland so we shall be fine. Might get a little bit of the end of the storm.

Will return on Tues or Wednesday to take stock.

• Thanks 1

was mild today at 50F and partly sunny, tomorrow is 50F and rainy

• Like 2

Today it was sunny but windy and cold here in southern Maine.

However, I was dressed for it.

• Like 2

Nice and sunny today with a high in the mid 70's and a low in the high 50's. 

• Like 1

winter showed its face again, was 30F with small snow showers

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Very sunny but sort of cold, highs only around 40 F with chilly winds.

• Like 1

39F at 2pm and rain, rain, rain.

:st

The Clouds consign their treasures to the fields;
And, softly shaking on the dimpled pool
Prelusive drops; let all their moisture flow,
In large effusion, o'er the freshen'd world.

-- The Seasons, Spring; by James Thomson, 1728

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2