Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's your weather like today?

BrooklynGuy

2 hours ago, AMP1974 said:

Oh wow. Stay safe! 

There isn't a Canadian kid who hasn't nearly lost their tongue to a pole. What's a few fingers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, JVG said:

I have a appointment at 11:00 am. Tomorrow I hope the temperature gets past zero by then...

The wind chills are really going to make it bitter. The wind should start to die off tomorrow night by what I'm hearing. Just bundle up really warm in a lot of layers and be careful on the road. Anything on it is ice.

• Like 3

It's -8 here now with clear blue skies. Hopefully the sun will stop the temperature from dropping. It doesn't seem too windy right now.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

It is stupidly cold.

Never has anything been described so perfectly in just four words.

The two good things about the freezing cold are (1) you're not getting cooked/poached alive in boiling hot humidity, and (2) you get to buy really cool winter outfits. I would kill to have what this little cutie is wearing. And no I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in it. Minus 18 C today, feels like minus a million.

NU7GZ9o.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Like the rest of you, I am struggling mightily with the extreme heat. Had a very large branch fall off a tree today, it is quite common for Eucalyptus trees to drop their branches in extreme heat.

Missed my car by about 5 meters. Hoping it will be a little cooler in the next few days so I can cut it up. Will dry quicker when cut up and there should be close to a full winters worth of fire wood there.

Hopefully it can dry before this winter and that will save me chasing up firewood for a season.

Edited by AtlantisRises
  • Like 4

Right now I'm at 32 F and sunny.

• Like 3

It's in the low 50's this morning... The back yard is still a skating rink and I need to borrow a zamboni so I can smooth out the high spots...

• Like 3

Not too cold at minus 5, but we're at early stages of a huge snow storm with super high winds. And, as a special bonus, freezing rain, later today. Had just one class this morning, got there only to find that it was cancelled. Don't mind the extra snow, but hate the high winds.  I should keep weights in my pockets or something.

Anyway, it's good to be out of it and in the relative safety of my home..

WL5QnXK.jpg?1

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Removed stray word.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's so bad here, our building maintenance guys built a makeshift shelter outside at the end of the building for the sparrows. The winds are so bad, a number of them were getting smashed into the building. We've also got several ducks roaming the lobby. No one has the heart to force them back outside.

• Like 3

Rain...what else is new.

I guess it could be worse, it could be snow.

I’m  so ready for some sunshine.

• Like 3

Rain and cold. Makes me glad I picked up a couple of extra shifts cuz the fish are hiding

• Like 2

This morning it was seven below zero (F) where I live in Maine.

It's still only made it to twenty degrees today.  And their's some wind as well, which I need like a hole in the head.

Edited by MainerMikeBrown
  • Like 2

Still raining here in southwest Virginia. I don’t know how long it’s been since I’ve seen the sun. 

• Like 2

Currently sitting at 16 F, still a bit windy.  Yesterday morning it was 57 F, but continued dropping throughout the day and evening.

• Like 3