Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's your weather like today?

BrooklynGuy

Grey, wet and very miserable and it looks set to be the same all weekend. 

Why does that always happen the day after I wash the car? Suspicious.gif

dash2.gif

• Like 4

Quite nice today, that is until it clouded over and a heavy shower came over just now. Not as cold and Windy as it has been the last couple of days, and quite bright & Sunny. Here, if people cans ee it, which sin't always the case, is an interesting Cloud. 

POv26hVMqOUbNqTo6A7Wwqdz6RXN20Baq0QcOqzKOYb8mgRk8yrQMYfyBFvu3nPauCoFiF7Cm2iF6m9Pl-59rINUddKDJguG3D9sN2Tfac6CpSls82UnJCY0aEpWyAjOzmtRNSa6rWCUn_ruyG1Ykrw8_EBG8CnhfgUQYJ9pjFZaZCfPzcs4vNVhd69C5pIR6o4uKokXp5fDq_ug5hCgGl3-tQo74-hrtI0O8ktLOC5i2Ni1ZYBuhIRzVGKKGmPpDN7TvNZZwhcrtEAzixWN9GiZe4Zmj5oPeX8T3A7pQFg35JBHHUrwzArMiY_Fn9V0wl9TV-x3kABNJwJutyduoxcPA5tGr3-3zObnYDLCgzFfJsSyxW0gocuksrFjQ7q-9wBIY5BCL4uJl8i1JSDDyDQEN3semfY26Ywn4Mgoda4dhm5pq_KCtPlCO70TpSMF99v5jcA3Bx7Hew0QiWAAHpbVTk_01BMmyc029EEnCntsCQWFD-ibGr9MOUvdWSRgvOWQCTyZsUX-1GAjXyehNepRHJXMqY2Q0konBohsVJ-_MRcdkVhGXyU8zMCK0053botJX_NziNzR8MXWDJNMukugXGf_LRe2wEssIQnMTxArUZIhE4YV=w418-h743-no

• Like 3

Cold days, still its very cold. We got present from Siberia, present in shape of cold air which was as low as -25°C about an week ago. Around few degrees below zero right now, so cold.

• Like 4

Had a Magpie fall down my chimney- heard haunting/unusual sounds. Then the smell... Little b***** had almost pushed through the bottom cleanout plate... Saw a big black wing while doing laundry, and almost jumped out of my skin...That was last summer.

Recently heard weird noises. Tap tap tap... wtf? Walk around the house. Sounded like the chimney again...Go outside and see a woodpecker roosting on top of it, pecking away (maybe it wanted the grout for its gut)...had been very cold, and just looking at the chimney- could see the heat waves from it...figure the 'pecker was just trying to get warm, and started pecking...Went out and almost put my arm out throwing snowballs at it. Eventually left, but came back on 3 occasions.

Want to get up on roof to see if it has built a nest...It is a beautiful bird. White speckled behind, red back of the head. About twice the size of a Robin. Very shy, stupid too. It loves trying to hammer holes into steel light poles...Give it credit- he decimated the ant colonies around the house.

Chinook has melted 70% of the snow...wonder if spring has sprung. It often comes early here, then a devastating snowstorm kills/breaks the old growth. ..i want to trim my trees but worry the sap is on the move already.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Poppi said:

Had a Magpie fall down my chimney- heard haunting/unusual sounds. Then the smell... Little b***** had almost pushed through the bottom cleanout plate... Saw a big black wing while doing laundry, and almost jumped out of my skin...That was last summer.

Recently heard weird noises. Tap tap tap... wtf? Walk around the house. Sounded like the chimney again...Go outside and see a woodpecker roosting on top of it, pecking away (maybe it wanted the grout for its gut)...had been very cold, and just looking at the chimney- could see the heat waves from it...figure the 'pecker was just trying to get warm, and started pecking...Went out and almost put my arm out throwing snowballs at it. Eventually left, but came back on 3 occasions.

Want to get up on roof to see if it has built a nest...It is a beautiful bird. White speckled behind, red back of the head. About twice the size of a Robin. Very shy, stupid too. It loves trying to hammer holes into steel light poles...Give it credit- he decimated the ant colonies around the house.

Chinook has melted 70% of the snow...wonder if spring has sprung. It often comes early here, then a devastating snowstorm kills/breaks the old growth. ..i want to trim my trees but worry the sap is on the move already.

I feel blessed when birds make nests on my balcony or on the roof. Especially that spring birdie, Swallow ( Lastavica in Bosnian ). Gotta love them, sometimes i wish i live more close to nature, concrete destroys the pleasure of such moments for me.

• Like 4

Birds have always been harbingers to me...Spring is the best season. Birds singing, flowers springing.

But we usually get a huge storm every year, just as we think spring has arrived.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stiff said:

Grey, wet and very miserable and it looks set to be the same all weekend. 

Why does that always happen the day after I wash the car? Suspicious.gif

dash2.gif

That happens to me a lot too Stiff

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

That happens to me a lot too Stiff

Sod's law. Or witchcraft. I'm going with the latter :)

• Like 2

A mild 39F on a calm cloudy dark night with a heavy dropped spitting rain. Only sound I can hear outside is a neighbour growling about his car being rained on.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Only sound I can hear outside is a neighbour growling about his car being rained on.

And a damn good reason too icon_angry.gif

• Like 1

Not very nice.

• Like 1

Wet today, cloud quite low and misty on the sea. Sea pretty calm, and not much wind. Warm though, comfortably manage in a T-shirt today. 

• Like 2

Earlier: Foggy. Later: Rain. 

• Like 1

46F, no wind to speak of but awfully grey and awfully wet and I need to go out in it.  And stand mourning at a (suicide) Burial where there's going to be children and distraught young women present.  :(

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

46F, no wind to speak of but awfully grey and awfully wet and I need to go out in it.  And stand mourning at a (suicide) Burial where there's going to be children and distraught young women present.  :(

Jesus , good luck today. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I\m so sorry. It doesn't sound like it's going to be a good day for you. Take care of yourself.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

We seem to be on the same path...To many funerals lately and I am still struggling with the loss of my friend Pat, 47 years old and he bravely fought cancer for 3 years. Snowing now and should get about 3 inches...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Sorry mate.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, oldrover said:

Warm today, very rainy, no wind. Central heating exploded today. 

Thats not good...really exploded!!

• Like 2

I feel your pain. Slight showers yesterday as I, and our three boys carried the coffin of my other half's father. And it looks like the weather will be much the same tomorrow for his brothers funeral also. I'm not planning on drinking as much at this one as my head has it's own little thunderstorm going on inside. default_34.gif

Roll on summer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stiff said:

I feel your pain. Slight showers yesterday as I, and our three boys carried the coffin of my other half's father. And it looks like the weather will be much the same tomorrow for his brothers funeral also. I'm not planning on drinking as much at this one as my head has it's own little thunderstorm going on inside. default_34.gif

Roll on summer.

Sorry to hear that mate. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JVG said:

Thats not good...really exploded!!

Well according to initial reports, later worrying evidence of sabotage and scapegoating emerged.

Oh that radiator? Yes, I'd bled that radiator, but I only turned my back on it for a second! Anyway, why hadn't you done it!! 

Today's weather was pretty rainy, but with sunny spells, warm and no wind. 

• Like 2