Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychology Comes To Halt

markdohle

NEW YORK—The field of psychology was brought to an immediate halt this week as disillusioned and weary practitioners of the discipline reportedly concluded that the mind could never possibly hope to study itself.

Abandoning more than a century of clinical research, theoretical developments, and observational studies, psychologists worldwide announced that their entire professional lives had been utterly worthless, as the human brain could never comprehend its own workings, let alone understand its own understanding.

To continue: http://www.theonion....eview:2:Default

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image and trimmed text
  • Like 3

Gotta love the never give up attitude. ' I'd don't quite understand this! F it, let's just say its impossible'. :P

I'm going to wait on commenting any further til others chime in. Really curious to see what others have to say. :D

• Like 1

gotta love The Onion!! good comedy article!

to bad it's not real.

But I must say those guys in the picture look like such boring dullards!

no imagination no magic to them.

Funny. Get rid of psychology and psychiatrists and big and big pharm will go with them.

I like The Onion, too, it's refreshing. The real news is dull, boring and so predictable. I don't know the percentage of positive results psychiatrists have on their patients, but I haven't noticed any marked improvement in the general behavior of the human race in the last 70 years or so I've been observing.

Funny. Get rid of psychology and psychiatrists and big and big pharm will go with them.

Awesome, go back to beating the demons out of them.
  • Like 1

I like The Onion, too, it's refreshing. The real news is dull, boring and so predictable. I don't know the percentage of positive results psychiatrists have on their patients, but I haven't noticed any marked improvement in the general behavior of the human race in the last 70 years or so I've been observing.

When genetics doesn't fully explain it, when environment doesn't fully explain it and when self reflection can't reveal it then there is only one cause.

Something we havent yet discovered!

When genetics doesn't fully explain it, when environment doesn't fully explain it and when self reflection can't reveal it then there is only one cause.

Something we havent yet discovered!

Its called TV. Some of the benefits of such wonderful technology include but are not limited to...

Dumbing down of the population. How much brain function is going on while watching the garbage thats on TV?

Such a wonderful device offers to "program" your brain with mindless garbage and with adverts inbetween.

Its also a great way to waste your life watching someone else live theirs. Ala, reality TV.

Other additional benefits include bordome, over eating, lazy, complacency, malaise and an overall zombie like appearance in the face.

Its been hiding under our noses the whole time but people didn't realize it because the TV has not told them yet. :P

Self referencing was shown to be a major problem in discrete mathematics by Kurt Godel. So much so that Kurt Godel proved that there are some truths in consistent mathematical systems that can not be proven and by extension such systems can not show its own consistency.

I imagine similar problems occur in psychology. Mathematics is still very rich and very useful regardless. I don't see why psychology can't be as well.

• Like 1