Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A reality check for Rand Paul in Iowa

questionmark

OKOBOJI, Iowa — The worst-kept secret in all-important Iowa is this: Rand Paul is running for president.

Journeying this week on a 10-stop, 800-mile tour of the state that holds the nation’s first presidential caucuses, the Republican senator from Kentucky has been bold not just in his rhetoric, but in his candor about preparing for a White House bid.

Paul is out-organizing his would-be 2016 rivals, building a network of loyalists in Iowa and other early-voting states while others lag behind and visit less often. He also sounds like a candidate, spitting out lines attacking Hillary Rodham Clinton, the potential Democratic nominee. He labeled the conflict in Libya “Hillary’s war,” and said the former secretary of state’s handling of the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya, should preclude her from becoming commander in chief.

Read more

post-57427-0-99522000-1407347458_thumb.j

I look forward to his joining the pack of Republicans.

...not that I'd ever vote for the guy (I'm a firm Democrat -- at least, until the Republicans become more liberal. Then we'll see.) He will, however, polarize and further divide the party. I can see a time in the future when a strong and viable third party emerges.

Steve King is one of the few people I would not be seen with if I were running for president. Unless, I expect to win without any latino votes at all.

• Like 1

These Republicans in Iowa can't even figure out that they want to elect Rand Paul yet, there's no hope they're going to abandon their Bush fetish come election season. What they're still confused, can't quite figure it out yet? They haven't heard the magic words that will teach them the difference or o/w train them to mean the words they speak?

I dont envy Rands position.He has to try to appeal to lots of fractions while still trying to maintain his principles. I think he's doing a decent job of it so far.

As for "running" from the activist. I dont think I really blame him. This activist came to a fundraiser with a camera so her goal was clearly to trap one of them into saying something stupid. I doubt she really cared about having a discussion she just wanted to get views. Fundraisers aren't the place where debates are suppose to happen.

Now if it was a town hall meeting or some other function I would be highly ashamed of Rand.

Edited by spartan max2

I dont envy Rands position.He has to try to appeal to lots of fractions while still trying to maintain his principles. I think he's doing a decent job of it so far.

As for "running" from the activist. I dont think I really blame him. This activist came to a fundraiser with a camera so her goal was clearly to trap one of them into saying something stupid. I doubt she really cared about having a discussion she just wanted to get views. Fundraisers aren't the place where debates are suppose to happen.

Now if it was a town hall meeting or some other function I would be highly ashamed of Rand.

He didn't exactly run from the activist though, he had a pre-planned interview with the folks he left with. Pretty sure it was just coincidence he left shortly after they arrived since the others were standing around waiting for him.

• Like 1

These Republicans in Iowa can't even figure out that they want to elect Rand Paul yet, there's no hope they're going to abandon their Bush fetish come election season. What they're still confused, can't quite figure it out yet? They haven't heard the magic words that will teach them the difference or o/w train them to mean the words they speak?

There is a bit of a three way civil war in the Republican party here in Iowa. You have the "establishment" republicans, the "tea party" republicans, and the "libertarian" republicans. They are fighting each other's influence as much as they are fighting the Democrats.

There is a bit of a three way civil war in the Republican party here in Iowa. You have the "establishment" republicans, the "tea party" republicans, and the "libertarian" republicans. They are fighting each other's influence as much as they are fighting the Democrats.

I have the feeling that with all the infighting, excluding the usual word sleeves, they ignore the dems more than their own fractions.

He didn't exactly run from the activist though, he had a pre-planned interview with the folks he left with. Pretty sure it was just coincidence he left shortly after they arrived since the others were standing around waiting for him.

Actually that makes sense. It wouldent make sense for them to be standing around waiting for him unless it was pre-planned. Which also makes sense why in the video a guy came and got him. instead of Rand randomly getting up and leaving on his own

So basically this is just a pathetic attempt to find something on Rand

Edit: to add

for anyone who cares here is Rands own explanation

http://rare.us/story/rand-paul-explains-why-he-ditched-his-burger-and-a-confrontation-with-an-immigration-advocate/

On Tuesday night, Paul appeared on Fox News to tell host Greta van Susteren his side of the story:

“Now you know my life…my life on the campaign trail,” Paul said, before explaining that while the confrontation with King was happening, he was a mere 10 feet away giving another interview he had promised earlier.

“About five minutes before that, or two minutes before that, the video doesn’t show that another reporter came up and said, will you do an interview?’… And I said, ‘I need to take a couple more bites and we’ll do an interview.’ And then I was told we had to leave and I had to do the interview, so actually, I stood ten feet from the people who were doing sort of a kamikaze interview, and I stood ten feet from them and did another interview.”

- See more at: http://rare.us/story/rand-paul-explains-why-he-ditched-his-burger-and-a-confrontation-with-an-immigration-advocate/#sthash.1pdSNqEN.dpuf

Edited by spartan max2

Good, and we need a lot more infighting among Democrats too. Why would either one of us want to champion unity and cohesion in this two party monopoly?