Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fearless Indian snake charmer aged 11

Still Waters

Most children are scared to death of snakes but one 11-year-old girl in India fearlessly refers to the scaly reptiles as her 'best friends'.

Kajol Khan from Ghatampur, Uttar Pradesh, India, continues to eat and sleep with the deadly animals despite receiving several potentially deadly venom-filled bites.

She said: 'I have a lot of fun with the cobras. It hurts when they bite me but sometimes it's my own fault because I tease them. It's quite funny.'

http://www.dailymail...a-clan-bed.html

• Like 2

"crawling around them as a baby" ? She had no immunity then, if some level of immunity is even possible after frequent injections of venom. I've heard daughters are not valued in some countries, this is insane.

I smell Reality Show. Then the parents can afford a tutor (in body armor) for their girl so she can play with her deadly snakes, taste death, and get some learnin'. All in a Day for an 11-year-old.

Cobras don't normally have their hoods extended unless they are alarmed or threatened and in almost every photo, these cobras have their hoods extended. I wonder who is provoking them in almost every photo shoot?

When the hoods fail to ward off a potential threat then out come the fangs of pain.

It is possible these cobras were de-fanged or had their venom sacs removed (I am sure that has been done or can be done)

• Like 1

She said: 'I have a lot of fun with the cobras. It hurts when they bite me but sometimes it's my own fault because I tease them. It's quite funny.'

So the little one has received bites and still provokes them? All this child needs is to be educated and taught to respect nature and not tease or provoke it. If this is her idea of 'fun' she won't be around for long unless she's immune...