Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"No enjoying yourselves please"

Space Commander Travis

How could someone ever going to stop or prevent children from enjoying themselves? Let them have some fun, they're children we're talking about!

• Like 2

How could someone ever going to stop or prevent children from enjoying themselves? Let them have some fun, they're children we're talking about!

They will learn, just as in other countries where suddenly signs saying: "To forbid children to play should be forbidden" were pasted all over notorious neighborhoods....

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 2

funny... I've always thought outside was for outside voice.

• Like 1

The beauty of silence: Sometimes the best thing you can hear is nothing.

I grew up next to an amusement park, directly behind the roller coaster to be exact, and it was white noise to us. Occasionally there would be an especially terrified scream that would make us all laugh. I can understand how it could irritate some people though.

This is true, of course, and sometimes we were noisy, but most of us didn't feel the need to be screaming.

I guarantee you that if you were a child for more than a few years, and you weren't beaten for playing even slightly loudly, then you probably screamed/yelled at least occasionally with your friends. You probably just don't remember any of them since kids don't think anything of it so it was completely irrelevant to you.

• Like 2

I guarantee you that if you were a child for more than a few years, and you weren't beaten for playing even slightly loudly.....

My quiet nature suddenly makes more sense

• Like 1

Some woman on our street was freaking out over the kids playing on the sidewalk in front of her house.

She told them she would call the cops as it was illegal to play on the sidewalk and the cops would take them away from their parents and put them in jail. These kids were about 5-6 and some of them were genuinely freaked out by it, so...

After hearing this from my son, the next time they went out playing I was there, sitting to the side... when she came out and started her threat to call the cops I piped up... "sounds like a great idea, I'd love to hear what the say about your version of reality"

her face :o:unsure2:... she turned around and went back inside without a word.

Not heard a peep from her since.

Bullies/Cowards... two sides of one lame coin.

edit: grammar

Edited by quiXilver
  • Like 3

It's the same with noisy dogs(and there are plenty of them around here, too!), if they are barking and yapping because they are having a game with their people, I barely register it, but if they have been shut up in the garage on their own while their owners go out for the evening .... well, that sound is distressing and really gets on everyone's nerves.

I can definitely vouch for this! My neighbour has two dogs and at times I could scream at their relentless howling and yapping. To me they're far worse than kids screaming and with kids at least you know they'll be going home to bed at some point, unlike dogs when you don't know when the owner will be home to shut them up. Mind you when I was a kid my parents would tell me to quieten down if they thought I was making too much noise.

• Like 2

I can definitely vouch for this! My neighbour has two dogs and at times I could scream at their relentless howling and yapping. To me they're far worse than kids screaming and with kids at least you know they'll be going home to bed at some point, unlike dogs when you don't know when the owner will be home to shut them up. Mind you when I was a kid my parents would tell me to quieten down if they thought I was making too much noise.

One of my neighbors growing up had a dog that was like this. It was like a rooster, every single morning after the sun came up it would start barking every second or two and would not stop for an hour or two.

There is a massive (speaking as a teacher now) difference between "play noise" and "screams"

I agree profusely with this.

Kids can have TONS of fun without screaming. I never allowed my children to scream while playing and it was hardly sit-down-and-shut-up.

• Like 3

Just because kids play doesn't mean they need to squeal like butchered pigs for hours on end. I don't mind the occasional yell but often it is pure s-c-r-e-a-m-i-n-g and there is simply no excuse for it at all.

I had the "pleasure" of living next to a playground a few times and let me tell you, these kids squeal, shriek and scream for no reason. I seen kids just stand and scream like demented chimps and often the parents are right there watching and totally miss a perfect opportunity to teach them to have a modicum of respect for others as well as themselves. Kids can easily have fun without the pig squealing.

• Like 2

Just because kids play doesn't mean they need to squeal like butchered pigs for hours on end. I don't mind the occasional yell but often it is pure s-c-r-e-a-m-i-n-g and there is simply no excuse for it at all.

I had the "pleasure" of living next to a playground a few times and let me tell you, these kids squeal, shriek and scream for no reason. I seen kids just stand and scream like demented chimps and often the parents are right there watching and totally miss a perfect opportunity to teach them to have a modicum of respect for others as well as themselves. Kids can easily have fun without the pig squealing.

You guys are a bunch of old grumps.

Kids will be kids, they scream with enjoyment, surprise, happiness.

In a backyard it needs to be tempered with consideration for the neighbours, but in a designated playground? Get a life!!

• Like 2

You guys are a bunch of old grumps.

Kids will be kids, they scream with enjoyment, surprise, happiness.

In a backyard it needs to be tempered with consideration for the neighbours, but in a designated playground? Get a life!!

Since when do kids need to scream at the top of their lungs for hours a day like pigs at a slaughterhouse?

I am not talking about a little shriek but SCREAMING!

You can call us names all you like but at some point kids do need to be taught they can have fun without the pig screams. Fun is great but screams and death shrieks get old when done repeatedly, non-stop for hours on end. Some of them actually sound demented.

It doesn't matter if it is a backyard or playground, a little lesson in consideration for all goes a long way. Don't forget, there are plenty of people who have to live right next to playgrounds and they don't always smile sweetly at the screaming piglets.

• Like 3

someone call a wambulance for this thread... sheesh.

Edited by quiXilver
  • Like 1

Wow, just friggin wow! I can understand how screaming is annoying. I joke about the 12 year old girl two houses down being a future horror movie scream queen because she does it all the time. Hell, within two houses in either direction of me there are 9 kids 12 and under and they make all kinds of noise but I did the same and I find it quite eerie when its silent.

To those who do not like the noise of children, move out from a residential neighborhood where children are raised if you don't like it. I understand retirement communities are rather quiet.

Ryu. You obviously have a pet peeve about screaming but as long as you live in a residential area where children are being raised then its up to you to get used to it because the children aren't going anywhere and will not be stopping til they grow up more. Look at the bright side tho, think its bad now? Wait til they are in their mid to late teens and have their friends over. Some food for thought.

• Like 1

Leaf blowers... aka retarded rakes... now that sound makes me want to boil people in the oil of their own stupidity...

• Like 1