Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Married couple are actually brother sister

seeder

What would you do? You were abandoned at birth, marry a guy who was also abandoned, search for your mother, then realise the person you married is actually from your own family! Phew...

Woman tracks down the mother who abandoned her as a baby... only to realise she has unwittingly married her BROTHER

Adriana, 39, and husband Leandro, 37, both abandoned as infants in Brazil

Couple from different towns married 7 years ago, have 6-year-old daughter

They have spent their lives searching for their mothers - both called Maria

Adriana found her mother through TV show, they were reunited on air

Maria reveals she also had a son called Leandro, Adriana breaks down

Couple vow to stay married and meet up with their mother together

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2718216/Woman-tracks-mother-abandoned-baby-realises-unwittingly-married-BROTHER.html#ixzz39hI9nxer

• Like 3

Some people might find that kinky.. I'm not one of those people.

• Like 1

I believe incest is abominable.

Agreed but these people had no way of knowing and now they have a history of being in love absent abomination warnings in their brains, I don't know if they can step back from that.

It is a strange imperative that the traits we find attractive in the opposite sex are often those we like in ourselves, physically alot of couples seem to share similar features too, for the same reason. If you don't know you are related and have no reason to believe you could be this is a dangerous disposition of our species.

• Like 5

I think finding out like that is tragic for them both.

• Like 6

I winder what they will tell their daughter? perhaps some things are best left unsaid..

• Like 5

Wow, that's an awkward Luke and Leah moment. But seriously, I can't imagine the odds of this happening.

• Like 4

Wow, that's an awkward Luke and Leah moment. But seriously, I can't imagine the odds of this happening.

7/1 if you live in Brazil. (according to my sources: Big Alfie the bookie. Mexico is 3/1)

• Like 4

Moralistic nonsense aside, which I believe is irrelevant in this case. I'm happy for them all seeing as how they are reunited and questions have been answered.

• Like 1

Its thought by at least one study I've read that around 80 percent of all reproductive couples since the dawn of humanity have been related as close as 1st cousins.

Why was I reading things like this? .....You ask a lot of questions.

Anyways, I have it bookmarked

http://discovermagazine.com/2003/aug/featkiss

Ultimately its believed to increase the risk of deformations at birth because genetically speaking, if you carry a tendency for say....i dunno, downs syndrome in your genetics, it means your family member will be more likely to carry it also.

I uhh...I feel like I'm defending incest.

• Like 3

7/1 if you live in Brazil. (according to my sources: Big Alfie the bookie. Mexico is 3/1)

Haha, reminds me of a Simpsons quote (I'm amazed how there's a quote for everything with that show):

Jebediah Springfield: People, our search is over! On this site we shall build a new town where we can worship freely, govern justly, and grow vast fields of hemp for making rope and blankets.

Shelbyville Manhattan: Yes! And marry our cousins.

Jebediah Springfield: I was- wha... what are you talking about, Shelbyville? Why would we want to marry our cousins?

Shelbyville Manhattan: Because they're so attractive. I... I thought that was the whole point of this journey.

Jebediah Springfield: Absolutely not!

Shelbyville Manhattan: I tell you, I won't live in a town that robs men of the right to marry their cousins!

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:
  • Like 2

Oh dear, this article gave me a nice headache.

• Like 2

That's actually really sad. You find someone, fall in love, have a child together and then discover you are half brother and sistem!?! That's just so sad for them.

• Like 3