Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can the West Live with ISIS?

libstaK

The Laws of God, the Laws of Allah, the Laws of the damn boogie man!

I want to live by the laws of M A N, period. Man has more common sense than God and Allah combined!

If I recall 'and then', your view of how the European Jews got all of Palestine was a miracle of God, a completion of God's prophecy. No?

THat puts you in the same category as though wishing to kill in the name of a prophet.

By what twist of logic? The scripture (Ezekiel 37) refers to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob returning to the land from all over the earth. This has indeed happened. It says nothing of them being overly righteous or even religious. I have never said that the people of Israel were exemplars of humanity but I have RELENTLESSLY argued that they are no WORSE than any other group. This is the point that is ignored or shouted down by those who obviously hate them. Denying it doesn't make it so. On the occasion when someone points to an evil committed by an Israeli (BURNING a 16 year leaps to mind) I am fully on the side of what is right. IMO the person (s) who did that need to be executed. But the blind insistence that everything the Jew does on the land is illegitimate is an example of hate and bias - period. There are always two sides in a fight. Just because some here have chosen one and I the other does not make either of us completely right OR wrong. It takes a level of maturity lacking here to admit that (for most).

The Laws of God, the Laws of Allah, the Laws of the damn boogie man!

I want to live by the laws of M A N, period. Man has more common sense than God and Allah combined!

As witnessed by how spectacularly we have managed our own natures down the millennia. What a mindless statement.

I being native American can clearly see the presence of the loving God from the history when folks showed up here with the bible in one hand and the gun in the other

• Like 4

Can we please stick to the topic of ISIS here - take your discussions about Israel and Palestine to the numerous threads that already exist on the topic.

Whether ISIS has an agenda against Israel may be on topic to a point but we are currently dealing with a terrorist group that is in Irag and Syria and what they are doing there.

• Like 2

well getting back to topic..It is obvious that the west can not live with the actions of ISIS ...there were war planes dropping 500 pounders this very day ...Is this more to topic

• Like 2

just trying to clarify if it is more noble to speak of killing than try to understand the cause of the same

"Read my lips-no new taxes... babies are being ripped from incubators and thrown on the floor.... No, I didn't have sexual relations with that woman... Iraq has wmd's, aluminum tubes, yellow cake and mobile labs.... they, they hate freedom.... Iraq 911, Iraq 911, Iraq has ties to al-qaeda, Iraq has ties to al-qaeda. ... the end of military activity in Iraq.... we dont spy on you...we killed obl and threw his body into the sea, as per islamic custom.... today i ordered the military to drop bombs on targets in Iraq"

Whether it's straight up lying or fear mongering the gullible will still follow the leader's corporate sponsors endeavors.

NO FOREIGN ENTANGLEMENTS

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 3

the honest truth of the disputes in the middle east are basically religion.having said that it is closely followed and or being slightly overran by greed..It would appear that killing the ones you disagree with does not work for if it had there would be peace ..Until the world stage is set and folks sit down and truly discus what the problem is ..in truth ,not the fabricated lies of a given party there will be no change ..and this goes out to all no matter what the opinion is ..there is a way to stop the killing and it is to examine what has caused it ..Obviously this is very hard to do with all the finger pointing and not enough of brutal honesty from either sides soul

By what twist of logic? The scripture (Ezekiel 37) refers to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob returning to the land from all over the earth. This has indeed happened. It says nothing of them being overly righteous or even religious.

Yes, and it has made you a loyal supporter of those that butchered their way into getting all the land. Anyone else who would do this you *know* you would call criminals and terrorists, but in this case it is Ok, because it says so in the bible.

That is my whole point, you have not at all looked upon the crimes of humanity committed as crimes at all, and worse, you protect the criminals of God, in the name of God!

This makes you no better than those who wish for Jihad in the name of Allah.

I have never said that the people of Israel were exemplars of humanity but I have RELENTLESSLY argued that they are no WORSE than any other group.

Maybe but you sure treat them differently.

Example? Were you for UN forces blowing Iraq out of Kuwait? if you say yes, then you think human laws should prevail, as do a lot of people.

But all of a sudden were those same laws applied to Israel, you would be highly angered.

But why? God said the Jews would return to Israel, did he say how ling the Jews would stay? Does he care? Why should you care, seriously. Tthe prophecy has been completed one way or the other, time to go to the next page, isn't it?

This is the point that is ignored or shouted down by those who obviously hate them. Denying it doesn't make it so. On the occasion when someone points to an evil committed by an Israeli (BURNING a 16 year leaps to mind) I am fully on the side of what is right. IMO the person (s) who did that need to be executed. But the blind insistence that everything the Jew does on the land is illegitimate is an example of hate and bias - period. There are always two sides in a fight. Just because some here have chosen one and I the other does not make either of us completely right OR wrong. It takes a level of maturity lacking here to admit that (for most).

Interesting. So, you think that killing the Palestinian kid by burning him to death was a crime but killing masses of Palestinians to get their land is NOT a crime. Interesting. I will have to mull this one over.

Yes, 'and then', there are two sides to a coin, but I caution you, in this case, you have those that are trying to go unpunished for crimes to humanity on side of the coin, and the victims struggling to recover their human rights on the other side.

You have chosen the very devil himself. Why, I will never know.

• Like 1

As witnessed by how spectacularly we have managed our own natures down the millennia. What a mindless statement.

How many people have killed in the name of some deity? Go back to the crusades, go back even further.

I will admit, world wide communism has done a good job catching up but, people love their flavor of Holy Jihad

Psssttt, and 'and then', you are one of them

• Like 1

I being native American can clearly see the presence of the loving God from the history when folks showed up here with the bible in one hand and the gun in the other

Ka-BINGO!!!

And what the Spanish did to the natives in South America - also in the name of GOD, was even worse.

• Like 2

Can we please stick to the topic of ISIS here - take your discussions about Israel and Palestine to the numerous threads that already exist on the topic.

Whether ISIS has an agenda against Israel may be on topic to a point but we are currently dealing with a terrorist group that is in Irag and Syria and what they are doing there.

Well, I would like to co-exist with you too, but I don't like Austrians :unsure2:

just kidding lol

• Like 2

Oppression is a rocket fuel for those that have had it forced upon them...hence rockets are flying ...and the iron dome protects those within and the only thing it really does is to get the palestian folks the attention that they truly need and deserve just for the fact they are living beings being killed

• Like 2

the honest truth of the disputes in the middle east are basically religion.having said that it is closely followed and or being slightly overran by greed..It would appear that killing the ones you disagree with does not work for if it had there would be peace ..Until the world stage is set and folks sit down and truly discus what the problem is ..in truth ,not the fabricated lies of a given party there will be no change ..and this goes out to all no matter what the opinion is ..there is a way to stop the killing and it is to examine what has caused it ..Obviously this is very hard to do with all the finger pointing and not enough of brutal honesty from either sides soul

want me to sum it up for you in one nice little sentence...?

Should the land be owned by Allah or God?

Very simple. What is impossible is to actually try to make a just decision

• Like 1

it is clear to anyone that looks upon these wars no matter who is leading them or what religion is involved it is truly the voice of God interpreted by many that cause the confusion ..let the international court decide what to do to settle the disagreements ...and if need be enforce that ruling , just as ISIS which is this topic has been handed a verdict today which says so with obvious contempt for the behavoir .Should we have a international law broken the said offender should be brought before the court and have the little mittens smacked ..unless it is you know who then there we go again God said

ISIS willfully has gone on a spree that goes against international laws ..and was left to do this by everyone until it gets too personal for whomever then we decide to take action after they have hostages in many places ...this I fear will be a bloodbath for the innocent .and why is because no one wanted to get involve as long as it were at a distance

• Like 1

Ah ISIS is Sunni aswell, im confused

I think it is more called Islamic State now (IS)....where there aren't the usual divisions..?

I see what you are saying now. I am speaking here ONLY about those who do violence in the name of the prophet. Obviously that is a small % of those who ascribe to Islam. But let's face it Sir, these guys seem CONVINCED that they are following the steps of the prophet because of his reported actions. They don't care about it's historical context - only that it is written.

They just pick what they like and shape it so it can be used to justify their acts and, whats worse, to get young people to join them. To know what is written one must have some knowledge about it. For me personally there is only love in every religion but its the man who abuse it for personal goals.

• Like 1

They just pick what they like and shape it so it can be used to justify their acts and, whats worse, to get young people to join them. To know what is written one must have some knowledge about it. For me personally there is only love in every religion but its the man who abuse it for personal goals.

Hear hear.

Wise words.

it is clear to anyone that looks upon these wars no matter who is leading them or what religion is involved it is truly the voice of God interpreted by many that cause the confusion ..let the international court decide what to do to settle the disagreements ...and if need be enforce that ruling , just as ISIS which is this topic has been handed a verdict today which says so with obvious contempt for the behavoir .Should we have a international law broken the said offender should be brought before the court and have the little mittens smacked ..unless it is you know who then there we go again God said

Former PM, Ariel Sharon, was taken to "International Court" in The Hague for slaughtering anywhere from 750 to 3,500 (nobody has an actual count) innocent, unarmed men, women and children in the Shatila and Sabre refugee camps. Sharon was found "not guilty"

Do you actually think dark skinned people are going to ever get a "fair shake" in a WESTERN "International Court"?

It's Westerner's way of thinking that makes people in the ME rely on such organizations as ISIS.

Ya, we're still in the stone age.

• Like 2

Ah ISIS is Sunni aswell, im confused

I'll see if I can get a road map! lol because we need one

Somehow, I missed this in it's original.

And Then said: "I see what you are saying now. I am speaking here ONLY about those who do violence in the name of the prophet. Obviously that is a small % of those who ascribe to Islam. But let's face it Sir, these guys seem CONVINCED that they are following the steps of the prophet because of his reported actions. They don't care about it's historical context - only that it is written."

Face it, 'And Then', you and a ka-Billion Jews and Christians are CONVINCED that re-creating "Israel" by hook or by crook is the right thing to do because it is written in The Bible, and you all pay no attention to historical context, either.

Absolutely brutal, vicious religious cleansing, and there is no way around it. You see the millions, now, sitting in these refugee camps in foreign lands and it means NOTHING to you because your team has WON. You wonder why an ISIS or al Qaeda is met with welcome arms by many in the ME?

Cool beans, man

• Like 1

E.O.T. you are again correct about the dark skin person not getting justice or respect or even a chance at dignity in this modern age .It is clear that here in the west folks will still come up to me even in a store and ask what are you .lol I always say excuse me .And folks say you know what nationality are you hahaha.It never ends ...I have been told by the folks that are here to serve and protect that the only good Indian is a dead Indian ...And so it is throughout the world .the same type folks that poke fun at disabled folks or homeless folks or anyone that has any difference from themselves .this is disgusting and yet they have no shame ...most according to their own speak "can not lose their salvation " they have already check the guidelines as to what they can and must not due .It appears as long as they do not deny their living god they can not lose said salvation .It causes me to wonder if they have been saved from themselves

• Like 2