Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant walking on the moon

OverSword

From the article:

What looks like a towering human figure striding the deserted plains of the Moon has been spotted on Google Earth and bears an uncanny resemblance to what the ancient statue, "The Colossus of Rhodes", is thought to have looked like before it was felled into the harbor of the Greek island by a massive earthquake in 226 BC.

What is it?

In the video posted here, published to

on July 18, the unusual, shadowy figure was found by an intrepid anomaly hunter named Jasenko poring over the millions of images published by Google Earth that make up the Google Moon landscape.

Pinpointing a desolate stretch of the lunar surface, YouTuber wowforreeel zeroes in on the figure, orients it to a horizontal angle and zooms in on the increasingly odd shadow which looks like a statue of a man, giant legs spread apart and perhaps thousands of feet high.

Of course, the shadow might be explained in a number of ways, particularly as a trick of light or a camera lens glitch.

But, if those explanations are ruled out, it still leaves the question of what this object is, since it appears to be rising a great distance from the surface of the Moon.

Read the rest and see the video here

• Like 1

That is a rather cool optical effect to have located.

But I am just going to say that this is definitely a product of the lizard people.

• Like 3

This is Google Moon right? It does not offer sequential video, i.e. we just have a s still picture. pareidolia will do the rest.

• Like 1

It seems quite difficult to get an idea of scale with that picture, but quite likely you would be talking about a giant potentially miles in height! It's very easy to forget your looking at a massive area in the picture.

Although the link does mention it "the shard" is a much more interesting anomaly on the moon, a real massive structure and no one really knows what it is, or has much information of for that matter.

There are some very interesting anomalous objects on the moon although natural some defy logic due to their sheer scale, it really is amazing.

Edited by .AKUMA.
  • Like 1

The shadow of this "object" seems to be going the wrong direction compared to the craters. The photoshopper may have forgotten to take that into consideration.

• Like 2

The shadow of this "object" seems to be going the wrong direction compared to the craters. The photoshopper may have forgotten to take that into consideration.

You are mistaken. those are not craters they are small hills and they are casting a shadow in the exact same direction as the object of interest. It clearly shows the coordinates to check on google earth (moon) so why don't you go look at the spot. You didn't even watch the video because the two minutes that would have taken you would have been more than you cared to invest before forming an opinion. Short attention span syndrome.

Burn_computer.gif

Nice gif.

• Like 1

You are mistaken. those are not craters they are small hills and they are casting a shadow in the exact same direction as the object of interest. It clearly shows the coordinates to check on google earth (moon) so why don't you go look at the spot. You didn't even watch the video because the two minutes that would have taken you would have been more than you cared to invest before forming an opinion. Short attention span syndrome.

Wow. A mountain of assumption there. I did watch the entire thing, three times now, and decided, quite correctly, what I saw.

So thanks for posting your tripe then, I'll keep an eye out for some real news from now on.

But those are craters, created from the ejecta of the larger crater shown to the left of the image. Perhaps you didn't look at the video close enough?

But enough...just to appease you, it's obviously some sort of giant shadow man, resembling "The Colossus of Rhodes", which, btw, doesn't look anything like that, either.

This'll all be taken care of once they get street view up there

Are you doing a bit?

• Like 2

Let me apologize for angering you, OverSword. I am only calling it as I see it. And I see an anomaly (different directions of shadows) and that's a glaring red flag in my opinion. That's all. You and everyone else can believe whatever you wish to. Doesn't stop the world from continuing on.

A giant walking on the moon, eh? - well, it sure sounds legit.. but forgive me for not wasting my time viewing the youtub-eo, which I have avoided for two reasons:

1. Youtube is not where you go to find serious research (neither is Google Moon)

2. If this was seriously and properly done, the 'researcher' would have:

a. Given us the coordinates of the 'anomaly' (perhaps he did - and if so it would have been nice if that bit was quoted here...)

b. Gone off to find the highest resolution *original* imagery of that location from the numerous other sources (not just NASA....) and presented that..

Anyone familiar with how Google Moon works and what they do to the images will understand why it is vitally important to do 2b ...

As there is no hint of any of that in the OP, I shall not spend any more time cynicising... :D

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

The colossus of Rhodes...!!!

More like a midget on stilts

(out for an evening stroll)

An errant Hobbit perhaps?

• Like 2

From the article:

What looks like a towering human figure striding the deserted plains of the Moon has been spotted on Google Earth

Ooh that's just Sting, walking on the moon. :tu:

http://youtu.be/Y0Y2nDBaTas

• Like 3

Given the evidence presented I would say it's not fake but certainly not a giant walking around on the moon. But if it were he would have an enormous schwanzstucker.

• Like 1

From the article:

What looks like a towering human figure striding the deserted plains of the Moon has been spotted on Google Earth and bears an uncanny resemblance to what the ancient statue, "The Colossus of Rhodes", is thought to have looked like before it was felled into the harbor of the Greek island by a massive earthquake in 226 BC.

:lol:

Disclaimer: Of course, we don't know what the statue actually looked like, and it wasn't striding, or stepping, or--well, it was just standing there, so, yeah, when we say "uncanny resemblance", what we mean is its really, really big. We still feel we should get points for tying this alien artifact to an ancient civilization, though.

• Like 1

80a353143a2e00e09c8b25fd4436b453.jpg?itok=2R3B6GJ9

Maybe it's just me, but I think it looks like a man peeing.

And that explains why they have found "Water" on the moon too. :tu:

• Like 4

It's probably just a glitch on Google Moon or something completely uninteresting.