Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ok, i think my apartment ghost is back again

Bizarro

the other night, im laying in my bed sleeping when im jarred awake by my cat. he comes leaping out of the closet(the very same one that i witnessed the door close by itself in August). he is obviously very frightened, as i watch him 'sneak' towards it and peek carefully around for something that has scared him quite thoroughly. he runs out of my room and i get up from the bed and grab my trusty bedside weapon to investigate. i turn on the lights and once again, closet is totally empty and im once again left baffled.

also, one afternoon last week, i was sitting at my computer when i smelled a strong 'perfume' odor. it was like the type of perfume an old lady would wear. now, there are other women in my building, but i never smell their perfumes, so im thinking it may have been some type of activity. i didn't pay it much attention until the other night when the cat had his incident with the closet. maybe something has caused this activity to recur. im going to start trying to collect some EVPs and also work at finding something in pictures. ill let you know if i find anything interesting.

here is a link to my original thread i posted in August:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...=ST&f=10&t=1116

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarro

• PurpleStuart

• Bloated Corpse

• racerette

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny you should mention your ghost DS, my cat does the same thing once in a while only in one room in my basement and I will often smell something minty. When I go in the room there's nothing. It's weird but really I never thought much of it until I read your thread. Hmmm....

In college I was working on the school farm and was offered to live on the farm to take care of the animals and facilities. I couldn't pass up a free room at the time, there were about half a dozen cats around and I swear that all of them would come in at night and stare down one of the ailse that led to a door to the outside. I would walk down and try to find what they were staring at, not a single shred of evidence could be found and what I did find was the smell of burning cloth. Looking around desperately to find the smell, and finding nothing I added it up to the strange feelings that I was getting. After the first few weeks of this I was creeped out but came to know it as an everday thing.

The sametime frame but in an outdoor oak grove. In order to continue onto the rest of the property you had to drive through this old oak grove, and when ever I had to work there I was always on a nervous edge. It would be 105 degrees outside and once you entered the grove the temp would become an instant 65 degrees. I know in the shade the temp usually drops, but not in a 40 degree drop. Whenever we had to move animals through there was an adventure because none of them wanted to go through there voluntarily.

DSchwartz, sounds like you have a prime opportunity to do some paranormal ghost

hunting. Yay.

Try speaking to it and getting it to manifest (in whatever way possible) and have your

camera ready in case anything should appear. Have you tried maybe a light dusting of

flour in the area (keeping kitty away from it for the time being) to see if it gets disturbed.

Does it happen mostly at night or at different times?

Bloated Corpse, the interior encounter sounds a lot like what DS is going through. Did you ever hear any stories relating to the smell and the door etc?

As for the oak grove, maybe you could check out the history of the area and dig up something which might explain the feelings in that location.

huh.gif

i have never noticed anything abnormal about the closet- other than the 2 stories ive already told about it. my cat has very unusual behavior here though, he often meows at things i can't see or figure out what he is chasing. ive often seen him attempting to climb up the walls while meowing at a corner of the ceiling. he is also quite spooked and will often run under me with a terrified look on his face from time to time.

the activity seems to occur mostly at night. i have never seen anything unusual during the daytime, other than the cat's bizarre antics. we have a photo darkroom in one of the bedrooms that we don't really use much- my wife used to work in there alone and she swears the room creeped her out completely. its mostly an unoccupied room that we keep sealed up(for the obvious reasons that we don't want dust/cats/etc. contaminating it). my wife would get creeped out being alone in there during the daytime. now, the room is almost totally unused.

i really don't want to call out to any possible entity here. my wife and i refuse to speak of it in the apartment because it scares us pretty bad. i am being totally honest when i say i didn't get any sleep for weeks after the closet door closing incident. i haven't thought of the 'ghost' much at all lately, having too much else on my mind. i will try the flour suggestion you've given, Loonboy, but i don't think ill be talking to it anytime soon laugh.gif

When I was living there I did try to find out more information to better understand what was happening. I unfortunately struck out in finding anything relevent about the barn cause no one knew anything, and there was nothing in the library about it either. I also ran into the same problem with the oak grove, although there were local stories about a hanging that occured there before the State of California became a State, so pretty much looking up any documented information was out of the question.

Although the time I had to spend in the grove, I felt the presence getting stronger like it didn't want me there or something. I don't know how sure of that I am today, but I think if it were to have continued I think it could have escalated into something that wouldn't of been pleasant.

DS whats the history of apartment (ie previous tenants etc.) anything unusual. Same goes for the apartment block.

smile.gif

i have no idea of the history of the apartments- all i know is they are old. i would say they were built in the 1920s-30s. ive looked on occasion for any information on the internet about the neighborhood but it looks like i would have to take a day and go to the public library and do research to find out anything. ill see what i can find out and post it here.

DSchwartz - have you thought of (or has someone already suggested) setting up a webcam with motion detection on the cupboard? I apologise if this has already been suggested as i'm skimming through posts quickly as i have quite a few to catch up on!

welcome back, PurpleStuart

i could set up my webcam, but do you think a webcam would catch anything? mine has terrible resolution. smile.gif

no idea, but it's worth experimenting. at the very least you'll be able to monitor the door moving.