Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Revenge at Burger King

StRoostifer

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/burger-king-customer-buys-all-the-apple-pies-to-spite-crying-child-queueing-behind-him-9656539.html

"An exasperated Burger King customer has revealed he bought out all of apple pies at a branch of the fast food outlet - to exact vengeance on a screaming child and his mother."

Thats just too funny!

• Like 1

I was at lunch one day where a young couple were ignoring their 4 screaming-fighting-yelling young children.

I thought about tossing a pack of condoms on the table as I left, but opted out of it.

• Like 6

Oh Joy... how many times have people wanted to do that? Useless parents that let their child take control should seriously seek medical help...IMO

• Like 2

Another example of some person, who is not capable of raising a child! Oh my.......

• Like 2

Ha ha this is too funny. Serves her and that brat right. Nothing I hate worse than having to sit close to a screaming spoiled child and a parent that doesn't care.

If they can't behave in public do us all a favor and leave them with someone.

• Like 5

What baby sitter would sit for a child like that.

• Like 2

What baby sitter would sit for a child like that.

A REALLY well paid one? :w00t: :gun:
  • Like 2

I can't believe you guys, kids will try it on and scream sometimes - if it's done in public they know it will have the best effect. That's not the fault of bad parenting, I've seen it hundreds of times in various situations I usually share and exasperated smile with the poor parent, ignoring them is just one tactic parents go through in trying to change the kid's behaviour long term.

People have no patience in the world today and the amount of angst against a CHILD I keep reading about, that bothers me.

However, talking on the phone in a queue, ok that is really annoying, that doesn't mean you should take it out on the kid. Fancy being proud of putting one over on a child bah hum bug.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 4

I was at lunch one day where a young couple were ignoring their 4 screaming-fighting-yelling young children.

I thought about tossing a pack of condoms on the table as I left, but opted out of it.

Holy **** dude you are hilarious! That would be awesome!

kids will try it on and scream sometimes - if it's done in public they know it will have the best effect That's not the fault of bad parenting

I respectfully disagree, unless these kids have a mental health disorder this behavior is a direct result of these kids having been ignored or not parented at all and that's why they behave this way in an effort to get attention. I don't want to get in a p***ing match with you, but this is one subject that I feel very qualified to speak on after working in the mental health field for 28 years with kids and young adults. :)

• Like 3

I can't believe you guys, kids will try it on and scream sometimes - if it's done in public they know it will have the best effect. That's not the fault of bad parenting, I've seen it hundreds of times in various situations I usually share and exasperated smile with the poor parent, ignoring them is just one tactic parents go through in trying to change the kid's behaviour long term.

People have no patience in the world today and the amount of angst against a CHILD I keep reading about, that bothers me.

However, talking on the phone in a queue, ok that is really annoying, that doesn't mean you should take it out on the kid. Fancy being proud of putting one over on a child bah hum bug.

libstaK I can sort of agree but I'd have to draw the line at a child dropping F-bombs in a public restaurant. Maybe a teen...but a small child indicates that mostly ZERO in the way of upbringing has gone on in that household. Color me an old fogey but in my childhood 40 years ago such behavior would have been HAMMERED by the parent, the store manager and maybe even some bystander. God help you if a pastor had been nearby! :w00t:
  • Like 3

Why shouldnt some folks not be parents because their child is playing up?

ALL kids do it, you have done it, I have done it, the next person to read this will have done it.

Does it call for sterilisation? kids in care?

No, its one guys retaliation to a noisey kid.

Probably bad parenting skills, but doesnt mean some ones right to be a parent should be removed, its hard being a parent, not every day is fun.

• Like 3

I respectfully disagree, unless these kids have a mental health disorder this behavior is a direct result of these kids having been ignored or not parented at all and that's why they behave this way in an effort to get attention. I don't want to get in a p***ing match with you, but this is one subject that I feel very qualified to speak on after working in the mental health field for 28 years with kids and young adults. :)

But you did just make a p**ing contest of it didn't you? I've have seen bad behaviour in kids that are mostly very good plenty of times, they are young, they are testing boundaries and trying it on to see what will fly for them. They are not bad, their parents are not bad and your experience in that field does not make you singularly qualified to judge an isolated act of a child as falling into any particular category or causal relationship whatsoever.

• Like 1

If the mother had put her phone down and taken care of her cussing child, this surely would not have happened. This was a public place with other patrons in line and sitting down eating their food. Let's not forget about the mother cussing the man out for merely saying something about the screaming cussing child.

It is you that I cannot believe, wow!

• Like 3

Who ate all the pies! who ate all the pies! You know where this is going! :D

• Like 3

Why shouldnt some folks not be parents because their child is playing up?

ALL kids do it, you have done it, I have done it, the next person to read this will have done it.

Does it call for sterilisation? kids in care?

No, its one guys retaliation to a noisey kid.

Probably bad parenting skills, but doesnt mean some ones right to be a parent should be removed, its hard being a parent, not every day is fun.

Parents don't get to do a course on "perfect" parenting do they (thank goodness) and parents are as much trying to understand the correct boundaries in managing their child's behaviour as any other human being. What was the alternative? Should the kid have been "spanked" or publically rebuked and embarrassed? Could in the mind field of a screaming kid, parents then find themselves under the microscope of the "armchair experts" in relation to how they "should be" dealing with their child. None of these experts have more than a minute or two of knowledge about said child while they are doing this, but that sure doesn't stop them does it?

• Like 1

If the mother had put her phone down and taken care of her cussing child, this surely would not have happened. This was a public place with other patrons in line and sitting down eating their food. Let's not forget about the mother cussing the man out for merely saying something about the screaming cussing child.

It is you that I cannot believe, wow!

Try being the stranger telling an exasperated parent how they should be dealing with their child in public no less and see how well you come off .... there are boundaries and he was no better in judging her out of hand than he was in judging the child, people will stand up for themselves especially if a stranger comes along and tries to publically humiliate them with their own sense of superiority.

• Like 2

But you did just make a p**ing contest of it didn't you? I've have seen bad behaviour in kids that are mostly very good plenty of times, they are young, they are testing boundaries and trying it on to see what will fly for them. They are not bad, their parents are not bad and your experience in that field does not make you singularly qualified to judge an isolated act of a child as falling into any particular category or causal relationship whatsoever.

I'm going out for pizza, I hope you this doesn't keep you up all night. :whistle:

• Like 3

This is the second version of the story i have read, first didnt say anything about mum on the mobile phone,

I aint condoning the mothers actions by allowing her child to swear, especially in public, if that was me I would of dragged him out of there so fast his feet wouldnt touch the floor.

Just saying maybe she was having a really crappy day.

• Like 1

Try being the stranger telling an exasperated parent how they should be dealing with their child in public no less and see how well you come off .... there are boundaries and he was no better in judging her out of hand than he was in judging the child, people will stand up for themselves especially if a stranger comes along and tries to publically humiliate them with their own sense of superiority.

Maybe the woman should have tried being a parent and put the phone away before going into a public restaraunt so she could tend to her child. Apparently the phone call was more important than being a parent to her child in a public place where other are trying to eat.

You don't who was on the other end. It could have been her boss or landlord.

• Like 5

Yeah, i'm sure the 5 minute wait while more pies were baked really taught everyone a lesson

• Like 1

You don't who was on the other end. It could have been her boss or landlord.

So her boss or landlord is more important than caring for her child , and in a public place? I mean, really? Excuses, nothing more than excuses. I wonder what her boss would think of her if her boss heard the mothers cussing and screaming child? Sorry, its obvious it was not her boss.

This woman is like a lot of parents I see these days that do similar things. Their phone has become their priority and its pathetic.

Yeah, i'm sure the 5 minute wait while more pies were baked really taught everyone a lesson

It might have taught a few that a fool and his money are easily parted. :P

• Like 2