Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Origins of Native Americans? Ancient Greece

Ichihara

“The level of haplogroup T in the Cherokee (26.9 percent) approximates the percentage for Egypt (25 percent), one of the only lands where T attains a major position among the various mitochondrial lineages.”

Yates focused on haplotype X for “its relative absence in Mongolia and Siberia and a recently proven center of diffusion in Lebanon and Israel.”

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/831180-geneticist-traces-mysterious-origins-of-native-americans-to-middle-east-ancient-greece/

• Like 1

The Mormons have been saying that the Indians are Israelites for almost 200 years now. Which may be why the scientists don't want to make that jump.

• Like 2

The Levant, last I checked, is not Greece.

Harte

• Like 2

Last I checked my Cherokee relatives had shovel shaped incisors which is not found in the middle east. The Melungeon DNA has been analyzed and found to contain sub saharan african genes. Still, the Mormans must love this guy.

• Like 2

The Mormons have been saying that the Indians are Israelites for almost 200 years now. Which may be why the scientists don't want to make that jump.

Science needs a bit more than the words of a womanizing charlatan.
  • Like 2

Sheesh!!! More psuedo science.

Where's the evidence of your outrageous claim?

• Like 1

The Levant, last I checked, is not Greece.

Harte

Donald Panther-Yates earned a doctorate in classical studies with a concentration

in medieval literature from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His work in medieval history, Native American genetics and Judaica led him to establish DNA Consulting in 2002.

He wrote this 'interesting' book..

Sephardic Scotland: When Scotland Was Jewish.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 4

Donald Panther-Yates earned a doctorate in classical studies with a concentration

in medieval literature from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His work in medieval history, Native American genetics and Judaica led him to establish DNA Consulting in 2002.

He wrote this 'interesting' book..

Sephardic Scotland: When Scotland Was Jewish.

Classic, try telling a Highland Scotsman he is Jewish,and see how far you get without serious injury,or sudden death.
  • Like 1

Classic, try telling a Highland Scotsman he is Jewish,and see how far you get without serious injury,or sudden death.

Spud, I agree. I've read some absolute BS in my time, but this takes the cake.

Edited by toyomotor
  • Like 2

Eh, in Conspiracy Central that's just denial and thus further evidence of the correctness of the theory...

(that was sarcasm, by the way)

Science needs a bit more than the words of a womanizing charlatan.

Hey! That's an insult to womanizers the world over! :w00t:
  • Like 3

This guy a has classic pseudo-intellectual wannabe mentality. Apparently his real ancestry isn't romantic enough, so through tortuous logic he has manufactured himself a better one. The classic Saxon name of Yates or Yeats has been been rationalized to be of sephardic origin, and not not only that, his cherokee ancestors are, too. I am so tired of people who can not accept the authenticity and originality of Native American cultures and try to ascribe them to Old World origins.

Edited by John Wesley Boyd
  • Like 4

This guy a has classic pseudo-intellectual wannabe mentality. Apparently his real ancestry isn't romantic enough, so through tortuous logic he has manufactured himself a better one.

I have coined the term "envyolithic" to describe this phenomenon, though some here don't prefer it.

Harte

• Like 2

I have coined the term "envyolithic" to describe this phenomenon, though some here don't prefer it.

Harte

Not bad. He's definitely xenophilic.
  • Like 2

try to ascribe them to Old World origins.

Technically they do have old world origins... :whistle:

But I know what you mean. :)

Isn't this to do with European settlers in the Americas?

No, it's about Origins of Native Americans.

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Terry Pratchett answered that: "cl."

Harte

Excellent term

Now we need (and years ago I thought I found it but have lost it mpw) a word describing those who believe ancient myths and writings are word for word true and absolutely factual.

• Like 2

Excellent term

Now we need (and years ago I thought I found it but have lost it mpw) a word describing those who believe ancient myths and writings are word for word true and absolutely factual.

I believe we have one...but it does not sound very scientific...

• Like 1

Excellent term

Mythillogicals.

Harte

• Like 2

Excellent term

Mormons.

• Like 2

Mormons.

To restrictive as I noted above I did find such a word long ago, made up of Greek and Latin of course.

Mythillogicals.

Harte

Not bad but not quite Greeky and Latiny for my tastes.

Excellent term

The word gullible springs to mind.