Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Physics Of Abductions

Growl

http://flashmentalsimulation.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/the-physicsof-abductions/

Here, we explain many concepts related to the phenomenon of abductions,

these data by scientist are a bit complex, but it's all very interesting.

Of course, for those who have the patience to read them.

remember that the material that I propose here is not my work.

References to these works are also posted on other forums.

Everything is free and there is no profit.

Edited by Growl

Or more accurately New Age idiocy bastardizing legitimate science to support it's asinine conclusions.

"Therefore, we should absolutely trust the abductees’ testimonies instead of considering them as local misinterpretations of very different events, as present science and state ufologists do."

That's not how science works.

• Like 6

Or more accurately New Age idiocy bastardizing legitimate science to support it's asinine conclusions.

"Therefore, we should absolutely trust the abductees’ testimonies instead of considering them as local misinterpretations of very different events, as present science and state ufologists do."

That's not how science works.

:mellow::sleepy::sm

What do you mean by complex? They don't actually explain anything.

All they do is talk about it, describe it. It isn't any different than listening to sci-fi/fantasy. They don't have any actual theories.

• Like 1

Good Morning.

A moderator. What an honor.

Writing here and other forums I have noticed different mental openings. Here we are not in good shape.

Each forum has a policy, the critique applies here without deepening.

Needless to criticize an argument without first analyzed. review a book by its cover is a symptom of little open-mindedness.

In any case, I have no fear of criticism or harassment.

Who wants to read ... otherwise it does not matter.

Writing here and other forums I have noticed different mental openings. Here we are not in good shape.

I think we're actually in very good shape here. While everyone enjoys some fun speculation/guessing here on UM we tend to look for actual evidence. A story is nice and all, but in order to convince people that something is happening in objective reality ones going to need some type of good solid evidence. ETs coming to Earth to abduct folks for their souls just isn't going to 'cut it' in the 'good evidence' department.

Edited by Lilly
typo
  • Like 2

It seems like you just want people to agree with what your posting without a challenge.

Once again evidence derived from regression hypnosis is on very shaky ground indeed,have you heard of false memory syndrome?

http://crab.rutgers....oertzel/UFO.htm

Edited by dr no
  • Like 4

Needless to criticize an argument without first analyzed.

It just took me 7 seconds with the link you provided to find this:

For example, our galaxy, the Milky Way, has a diameter of something like 50,000 light years, which means that it

would take fifty thousands years for a beam of light in order to travel it all. Plank, form his point of view, calculates

http://flashmentalsimulation.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/the-size-of-the-universe/

As the mentioned value is incorrect, and the correct one is primary school stuff, there is no need to read all the rest

of it as it seems to be written by a person who still not completed the primary school yet and/or didn`t understood the

primary school stuff. And yeah, "Plank".

• Like 3

Good Morning.

A moderator. What an honor.

You damn me with faint praise.

Noted, and disagreed with. After all, I pointed out a pretty damn significant fault. There is no meat on the burger. There is no actual complex equation. All there is is talk. Where are the numbers?

Hey, I asked you a question, and you have failed to respond. I made an inquiry, and all you are doing is dancing around making snide comments about no one looking at your data.

I looked at it. I found a flaw. I pointed it out. You decided to ignore it and complain about not being believed.

Stop being shallow. If you are here to discuss a topic, discuss it. You claim there is some sort of complex data here. Fine. Present it. I say there is nothing more complex than what you can find in most sci-fi/fantasy literature. Let's see who is correct.

Needless to criticize an argument without first analyzed. review a book by its cover is a symptom of little open-mindedness

Still waiting for you to address the point. That point being that there is nothing to analyze. Go ahead, show me what I missed.

In any case, I have no fear of criticism or harassment.

That's nice. Do you have fear of actual discussion? Is there a reason you are refusing to discuss your topic, all the while complaining that no one wants to discuss your topic?

Who wants to read ... otherwise it does not matter.

Snide comments don't fool anyone. Ball is on the line, man. Join the scrum or get off the field.

• Like 5

we have known for a long while that the alien abduction phenomena are absolutely real.

Really? I'm out of the loop I guess. Who are 'we' here?

Edited by Crow T. Sharkbot
  • Like 3

Therefore, we should absolutely trust the abductees’ testimonies instead of considering them as local misinterpretations of very different events, as present science and state ufologists do.

How about ruling out sleep paralysis and other down to earth explanations first ? or induced memories first? Also how about the complete lack of evidence of any kind for abductions

Edited by Crow T. Sharkbot
  • Like 2

You damn me with faint praise.

Noted, and disagreed with. After all, I pointed out a pretty damn significant fault. There is no meat on the burger. There is no actual complex equation. All there is is talk. Where are the numbers?

Hey, I asked you a question, and you have failed to respond. I made an inquiry, and all you are doing is dancing around making snide comments about no one looking at your data.

I looked at it. I found a flaw. I pointed it out. You decided to ignore it and complain about not being believed.

Stop being shallow. If you are here to discuss a topic, discuss it. You claim there is some sort of complex data here. Fine. Present it. I say there is nothing more complex than what you can find in most sci-fi/fantasy literature. Let's see who is correct.

Still waiting for you to address the point. That point being that there is nothing to analyze. Go ahead, show me what I missed.

That's nice. Do you have fear of actual discussion? Is there a reason you are refusing to discuss your topic, all the while complaining that no one wants to discuss your topic?

Snide comments don't fool anyone. Ball is on the line, man. Join the scrum or get off the field.

Facepalm_Riker_Picard.jpg

hehehe ...

surely you are right.

**expectant hush as people wait for Growl to actually serve the ball**

The calm is the virtue of the strong.

Perhaps I can explain this a bit better.

Suppose I go for a walk down to the county owned land near my house (a very rural deserted area). Suppose I see a UFO, it softly lands, out comes a couple of ETs. Suppose they have a lovely conversation with me, tell me this and that. And, then suppose they simply get back onboard and quietly zip off...no one else sees anything, no trace evidence.

What then do I have? All I have is a story. Now, this could have happened in objective reality or somebody could have slipped LSD into my Dunkin' Donuts coffee!

An observation/personal experience isn't scientific evidence, it's far too subjective to be scientific evidence. The event could have taken place internally (psychologically) or could have been a misinterpreted external event.

Edited by Lilly
typo
  • Like 1

And, the next day, suppose Lilly comes over for tea, and recounts this story, I will be mildly surprised, and somewhat interested. If I were to ask her for a conclusion and she merely shrugged her shoulders, I would have to agree that this is a fascinating story, but little else could be learned from it. Should she go off on an extraordinary tale about how this indicates that aliens are coming to Earth to harvest souls, or zip away the faithful, or somesuch, I would offer her LSD laced donut just to see what else I could get out of her, since she's lost to us anyway.

It isn't just the claim that matters, although the more incredible the claim, the more incredible the evidence needs to be. The claim regarding the claim has to be proportionate to it as well.

, I would offer her LSD laced donut just to see what else I could get out of her, since she's lost to us anyway.

And since I'd already have slipped some 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' into your tea we'd be off on a 'Magical Mystery Tour' together! :w00t:

It isn't just the claim that matters, although the more incredible the claim, the more incredible the evidence needs to be. The claim regarding the claim has to be proportionate to it as well.

I find too many people don't realize this.

What gets me with the gullible acceptance of anecdotes like this crud, is this...

Do these folks not have elderly relatives or friends who have wondrous and largely imaginative or highly embellished stories that they 'recount', ever growing in drama? Have they never met folks who just make sh er stuff up? Do they seriously not understand the mechanisms of the human brain, perceptions and memories, in that your own memories and perceptions, apart from being flawed right from the get-go, change as the hours, days, weeks, decades pass, and the embellishments can easily become 'real'?

It scares me that people are so willing to believe everything that pops into their head, and to think that even their recent memories - let alone from youth or childhood - are deadly accurate and should be accepted as evidence. They are NOT. Memories are malleable, people tell stories... and the gullible lap it up...

Me, I'd rather go out there and look for actual evidence, just like REAL scientists, REAL researchers, even REAL detectives and lawyers do (or at least, should do..). You should try it, Growl - learning stuff is more fun than slumming in the gutters of the Interwebz, where any pretender can call themselves a 'scientist'.

BTW, to sink the boot in even further, they misspelled another name of the 'key scientists' - it's Alain Aspect, not Alan.. and apart from that incompetence, those scientists clearly had absolutely nothing to do with the utter claptrap on that page - as is shown (ironically) in the biblio - none of the ref'd articles are by any of them, and frankly it looks to me like they do not support the article anyway...

Growl, you are being suckered. You really need to learn how to recognise bull-manure. Or you can continue about how everyone here is not in good shape and see how that works for ya.... When I get told by a lot of folks about the egg on my face, I check the mirror and grab a face washer...

• Like 2

I find the subject of alien abductions just so silly... they zap you up, probe you, dont say much and then you're back in bed. Things to consider..

What can a probe up the rear tell anyone? Your temperature? What you had for dinner?

If they wanted 'samples', why not just take some dna? That alone can tell you everything about humans, no probes required. Surely advanced aliens would know that too..

Why dont abductees ever suffer from alien diseases? My mother got an infection, while in hospital, simply associated with lack of cleanliness. Not hers, the hospitals! Yet no-one has ever contracted an alien diseases, now have they? Yet aliens - like us, would be covered in bacteria. Even the very clean ones

Why do they only abduct BillyBob and Bubba? And never a top scientist who at least may have an interesting conversation?

I could go on..

• Like 2