Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO connected to Valentich plane mystery

UM-Bot

A farmer may hold the key to the disappearance of Victorian pilot Fred Valentich in October 1978.

Valentich had been on a routine flight over Australia's Bass Strait when he reported to air traffic control that he had encountered a strange object in the sky that was "not an aircraft". A few moments later the transmission cut out and he was never seen or heard from again. An extensive search of the area came up empty and no trace of his plane has ever been found.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...h-plane-mystery

OK, after 36 years it's a fair bet that the farmer and tractor are no longer with us.

So what to make from the story so far; aliens have harassed ahead and eventually attacked Valentich plane causing a visible oil leak. While the plane was actual embedded in the flying saucer or the sausage that was not flying supposedly steady at a very low altitude farmer was able to write down plane's number like that was exactly what he should have done instead of observing better the object.

Bleah!

George Simpson and his band of halfwits are as stupid as people can get.

Valentich's Plane was found, it' not been missing for like 30 years. If anybody knows that idiots email, send him this - the report that states Valentich's Plane washed up at Flinders Island.

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-09-11%2520at%252012.44.02%2520PM.pngScreen%2520Shot%25202013-09-11%2520at%252012.45.07%2520PM.png

The reason people WANTED to believe it was a UFO event was because Valentich Father struggled to come to terms with the death of his son, and after watching Close Encounters of The Third Kind, he decided that was what happened to his sone and promoted that story.

ii4feeb83b.JPG

Completely stupid story and the researchers are "SOOOOO" informed that they did not even know Valentich's plane washed up.

Pathetic. How do stupid stories like this managed to get rehashed so often with the same original details??

And people wonder why UFOlogy is laughed at? Seriously??

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

Someone posted this in the comments. I can't directly vouch for it's veracity:

http://members.ozema...rs/valensum.htm

There were many objects in the sky at the time, Valentich's flight was during the Geminids, the most prominent southern meteor shower of the year.

Not to mention it is well documented he was a very inexperienced - and crappy - pilot.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

George Simpson and his band of halfwits are as stupid as people can get.

Valentich's Plane was found, it' not been missing for like 30 years. If anybody knows that idiots email, send him this - the report that states Valentich's Plane washed up at Flinders Island.

<snip>

It is amazing that old chestnut (along with numerous others) can resurface time and again. Sadly, the repetitive nature of such and the willful ignorance required for said repetitive nature says a lot more about UFOlogists than they actually realize, I believe. No wonder it is become outright laughable.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 1

It is amazing that old chestnut (along with numerous others) can resurface time and again. Sadly, the repetitive nature of such and the willful ignorance required for said repetitive nature it says a lot more about UFOlogists than they actually realize, I believe. No wonder it is become outright laughable.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Gidday Mate!!

Been a while, hope all has been well.

What is perfectly stunningly stupid here is Kevin Basterfield was the man who poured through the Government Archives to find that hidden information, and he is speaking at the next Victorian UFO conference with George Simpson - the man who uncovered the photo and thinks Valentich's wreckage was never recovered.

Speaking at the same conference, one UFOlogist speaker uncovered the Valentich wreckage years ago, and the next speaker thinks the plane wreckage is still lost.

Not much communication within the Victorian UFO Group!! They ought to be deeply embarrassed at this silly and basic stuff up.

And yet people honestly wonder why UFOlogy is laughed at????? It bloody well deserves it!!

Good to see you mate, :D

• Like 1

Have to agree with Psyche101, when I was reading the OP above I was thinking...I am sure they found the wreckage though....And I was right. I think it is just a little denial and a little publicity from the Victorian UFO group.

Can't say I totally write off and laugh at everything from the world of Ufology, there is a share of genuine mystery to some stories out there, but unfortunately for every truly mysterious sighting or encounter, there are 5 sets of imbeciles like the Victorian UFO Group who come along and make you wonder....why do I even bother?

• Like 1

Somehow these people think if they keep repeating the same myths loudly & often enough then they will become facts :td:

• Like 1

Somehow these people think if they keep repeating the same myths loudly & often enough then they will become facts :td:

yes and as Ive said on the other thread, a huge problem for ufology is the endless regurgitation of these old chestnuts. Ufology doesn't update itself and because of that, ufologists simply perpetuate misinformation for the sake of website content.

If ufologists wiped the stories that have since been proven to be hoaxes, or in the passage of the time have had the mystery solved, as per this OP, then in one fell swoop, at least, at the very least...98% of the 'old classic' stories are shown for what they are. Bogus

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

yes and as Ive said on the other thread, a huge problem for ufology is the endless regurgitation of these old chestnuts. Ufology doesn't update itself and because of that, ufologists simply perpetuate misinformation for the sake of website content.

If ufologists wiped the stories that have since been proven to be hoaxes, or in the passage of the time have had the mystery solved, as per this OP, then in one fell swoop, at least, at the very least...98% of the 'old classic' stories are shown for what they are. Bogus

I agree 100% mate, they are like spurned lovers clinging on to old flames who can't accept they've been dumped!

• Like 3

I agree 100% mate, they are like spurned lovers clinging on to old flames who can't accept they've been dumped!

Awesome :D

Classic line, I will steal that :D:tu:

• Like 2

Awesome :D

Classic line, I will steal that :D:tu:

Haha no bother matey & don't you mean "abduct that" :tu::alien:

• Like 1