Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Employers want Women To Have Virginity Tests

seeder

Just how far can you go as an employer?

Brazilian Employers Require Women To Have Virginity Tests

Women are being forced to undergo virginity tests when seeking education jobs in Brazil’s most populous state.

Prospective education employees in the state of Sao Paulo are required to undergo a pap smear to prove they free of cancers or to present a doctor’s certificate verifying they are not sexually active.

Women’s rights campaign groups have denounced the practice as a gross violation of women’s privacy and their human dignity. Until recently the education department also required women to have a colposcopy – a type of gynecological examination used to detect disease.

The department since at least 2012 has required the exams to show that candidates for long-term teaching positions are in good health and would not take extended or frequent absences to attend to health matters.

Critics, however, decried it as an invasion of privacy.

http://newswatch.us/brazilian-employers-require-women-virginity-tests/#sthash.D1a8lxsS.dpuf

How 'bout a law making employers have a brain integrity test?

Edit: this should be in United States and Americas... at last the last time I looked Brazil was located there...

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

In Brazil? Does it never end? Why are women so denigrated in so many corners of the globe? It is sickening and bewildering.

• Like 4

Not to detail, but maybe there should be a separate North and South American section? Food for thought.

On topic. This seems too far. I could see blood work or the such, that's quick and non invasive, but this...

• Like 1

It's hard enough to get good staff over here without......!

It reminds me of the utterly tasteless Essex joke about how they wanted to put on a nativity play.

But they couldn't find three wise men. Hah, you though I was going to slander the fair damsels of Essex didn't you?

• 3 weeks later...

Males then need to have routine prostrate exams, colonoscopies, and STD testing before being hired. Wonder how that would go over?

Is it free? :lol: Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

I suppose the title is a tad misleading.. it's either prove intact hymen to prove less likelihood of disease/illness OR with a broken hymen undergo further testing to prove less likelihood of disease/illness. So it's not really a virginity test that is being required, but either way it's really frigging weird to me. Though at least in the article it states men are required to undergo prostate exams as well. Still really frigging weird to me.

I did find it irksome that I could only find repeat articles about this, and nothing that seemed to be good source information- so maybe this whole thing is an overblown or misconstrued non-news? I found it interesting that this whole thing apparently came to light because of a woman having to ask her doctor for a virginity note- perhaps she was being targeted specifically rather than this being general policy? Maybe she was applying to a religious school or had a, erm, nasty minded person hiring her and that's why she was asked for the testing?

Males then need to have routine prostrate exams, colonoscopies, and STD testing before being hired. Wonder how that would go over?

Lets get a sperm count too.
  • Like 2

More of us would have very high voices I imagine.

The excuse is:

The department since at least 2012 has required the exams to show that candidates for long-term teaching positions are in good health and would not take extended or frequent absences to attend to health matters.

STD's? Pregnancy? What? They think these women are so starved they will dive on anything and everything that comes near them and therefore contract diseases left right and centre? Or they will fall pregnant immediatly? What is to stop a virgin falling pregnant?

This is not from the Mufti who told women to avoid buying cucumbers and carrots to curb sexual thought is it? Are there really that many stupid people in such prominent positions as to make laws in this day and age? That seems to be the hardest part to believe?

I suppose the title is a tad misleading

It is extremely misleading and intentionally inflamatory.

So much so, that I originally chose to skip this thread because common sense tells one that it's going to be highly biased and misleading.

• Like 1

do not blame men for that, i'm 100% sure females that are in managment positions, (you know, it is not only men, that occupy those positions) are just as responcible for those decisions. it s not about male female thing. it is about people above and below. people with power, and people that must obey, but i see many jump on male hatting\blaming wagon way too fast.

if country's laws allow employers to demand virginity test, they can, if country's laws allow employers require colonoscopy, or std tests, or prostate exam. ok than,( btw, colonoscopy, and std, just as relavant for males as for females), whoever said that earlier needs to brush up on elemantary anotomy. i see emotions were in charge when poster above mantioned those 2 tests, not common sense,

Edited by aztek

do not blame men for that, i'm 100% sure females that are in managment positions, (you know, it is not only men, that occupy those positions) are just as responcible for those decisions. it s not about male female thing. it is about people above and below. people with power, and people that must obey, but i see many jump on male hatting\blaming wagon way too fast.

if country's laws allow employers to demand virginity test, they can, if country's laws allow employers require colonoscopy, or std tests, or prostate exam. ok than,( btw, colonoscopy, and std, just as relavant for males as for females), whoever said that earlier needs to brush up on elemantary anotomy. i see emotions were in charge when poster above mantioned those 2 tests, not common sense,

and... as if on cue... someone who was gullible enough to believe the headline as written. This is how silliness is perpetuated on the web.