Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Warding Off Curses, Disease and Misfortune?

SSilhouette

Under hypnosis a subject's skin will blister when told they have just been burned; without a single flame present. The mind is more powerful than we know. If it can create blisters upon suggestion, what else can it do?

It's how voodoo works too. The mere suggestion that one is cursed by the presence of a voodoo doll or what have you, along with the fierce reputation of the voodoo practitioner is what causes the demise of the victim in their own mind. Without the voodoo practitioner's reputation or the suggestion that one has been cursed, the curse becomes way watered down.

The mind has its own protective barriers. If the mind learns to laugh at strife and disease, to "not take their reputations seriously" perhaps it can shrink it the same way? Or all those old people from back in the day you heard about who "never went to a doctor a day their life", who lived into their 80s and 90s without hardly a scratch?

Often too, people will created disease in themselves in order to get sympathy or attention. We all want attention and anthropologists would say it is one of the main motivators of a primate species: attention and belonging to the troop.

Just expoloring some random thoughts about the power of the mind, inspired by White Crane Feather on another thread.

Edited by SSilhouette

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSilhouette

• Opus Magnus

• theotherguy

In the gospel it says to, "Love your enemies, bless those that curse you and pray for those that despitefully use you."

If someone has used Voodoo on you you should bless them, and if they keep doing it to the point of despitefully using you you should pray for them. I think this is part of mind over matter in psychosis that may be being ministered by a curser.

In the gospel it says to, "Love your enemies, bless those that curse you and pray for those that despitefully use you."

If someone has used Voodoo on you you should bless them, and if they keep doing it to the point of despitefully using you you should pray for them. I think this is part of mind over matter in psychosis that may be being ministered by a curser.

Man have I got a LOT of praying to do then....

I'd like to hear other people's stories of how they overcame dire illness and disability by using the power of positive healing?

I don't have any fun stories of my own, but I believe that a curse has no meaning if the person being cursed doesn't believe in its power. Likewise, for blessings, you have be willing to receive and believe in the blessing. If you allow a curse or blessing to have pwer, it will have power. If you don't, it won't. Just my thoughts.

It's how voodoo works too. The mere suggestion that one is cursed by the presence of a voodoo doll or what have you, along with the fierce reputation of the voodoo practitioner is what causes the demise of the victim in their own mind. Without the voodoo practitioner's reputation or the suggestion that one has been cursed, the curse becomes way watered down.

It's all tied into the placebo/nocebo effect.