Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What makes us happy..

JVG

Fall is fast approaching and I love when the trees go from green to shades of red,yellow and orange all of natures beauty on display...

hands down my favorite time of year... alas, now in order to experience it, I must travel.

• Like 2

hands down my favorite time of year... alas, now in order to experience it, I must travel.

It may be worth the trip just to see the beauty that Mother Nature gives us every Fall...

• Like 1

Well said gents, well said.

I say we start a fall thread up in heah where we can post some picks of some of our favorite places as they are changing. :D

• Like 1

Reminiscing on the 1964 music thread with all the tunes that my mother brought me up to love :D

• Like 3

Having a restful sleep during the night. That way my upcoming day has more chances to be enjoyable!

• Like 3

College and pro football will start soon it's great to watch on TV but better if you are in the stands.. The tailgate parties with home and visiting teams is also great.

• Like 1

A quiet morning with a hot cup of coffee.

A quiet night with a hot cup of coffee...

Both are desirable and make me happy, lol...

• Like 2

My son in law grilled a nice dinner in honor of our 43 anniversary. A house full of friends, family, kids and a few pets were on hand. Sometimes it feels like every one is talking at the same time and with kids chasing the dog or each other it is complete bedlam just the way I like it. I would not change a thing....

• Like 1

Setting on a mountain while a storm rolls in, being able to see it coming from a distance and seeing the clouds cover the sky from that vantage point.

• Like 3

Setting on a mountain while a storm rolls in, being able to see it coming from a distance and seeing the clouds cover the sky from that vantage point.

My buddy and I used to sit on the 27th floor balcony of his apt in Minnesota, watching the lightning strikes as the storms rolled by...

pure awesome.

• Like 3

Happiness is an irrational state of mind, which cannot be justified.

Sure it can.

A + B= C

Wherein A= all basic needs being met

and B= input of something you fine pleasurable

C= happiness

• Like 1

Sure it can.

A + B= C

Wherein A= all basic needs being met

and B= input of something you fine pleasurable

C= happiness

So, if the equation was actually A-=some needs met;

B-=lower pleasure level

Therefore C-=misery ?

Happiness is an irrational state of mind, which cannot be justified.

i guess it's time to retitle the thread "what gives you a sense of momentary pleasure" then.

answer: snakes.

• Like 2

Silence! Living in the burbs of a major metropolitan city has made me appreciate silence , on the rare occasions it happens. Guess that's why I prefer to be awake well into the night after all the zombies have gone to sleep.

• Like 4

Silence is a gift, only appreciated when it's lost for quite a considerable while :yes:

• Like 3

Indeed! Well said my friend! Silence is truly golden!

• Like 3

I really love being up early in the morning, in the last couple hours before dawn.

It's such a soft and deliciously quiet time of day... there is for me a palpable sense that most of the minds in my area of the world are still asleep and the world is settled. In Taoist cosmology, this transition is very conducive to yin meditation work. Pre-dawn and dusk are the two most favorable times to practice Qi Gong as well. Naturally, my mind gets out of the way and I can just sense and experience the breath moving softly through my forms, rather than judge how I'm executing, or have many thoughts running through my mind randomly. Exquisite.

Then slowly the birds and the early-wakers join me and the day eases into full swing.

I used to wait until the last minute to get up and bullet my way into the process right out of the gate. ugh...

• Like 2

So, if the equation was actually A-=some needs met;

B-=lower pleasure level

Therefore C-=misery ?

I think in that C-= Less happiness

Whereas A0= No needs met...well actually no needs met woudl be death.

A-= some needs met

B0= no pleasurable input

C would be survival but not happiness

• Like 1

good ginger ale that has a bit of bite to it makes me satisfied, or even content.

but, perhaps, not happy. i feel... maybe just ok.

• Like 3

Indeed! Well said my friend! Silence is truly golden!

How's the NO SMOKING going cobber?

• Like 1