Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What makes us happy..

JVG

A bacon butty and cuppa ....bliss.

Would you please tell me what a bacon butty is, I get the cuppa but you lost me on the bacon butty. I must say it sounds great..

• Like 3

I must admit, I'm curious too.

• Like 3

The little jaunts my sweety and I have taken to Mitsuwa, the Japanese mall.

Getting Spicy Miso Ramen in the food court and sweety being patient when I would roam all over the store looking at all the stuff with happy faces on it, even food stuffs in the grocery section.

That always made me happy.

He also took me to to Mitsuwa the day he proposed because he knew I loved going there!

• Like 4

Catching up with the few friends I have left. The rest either moved away or fell in love with their TVs and sofas but the few that are left, I'm happy I have them. As for the rest, screw em! :D

• Like 2

Would you please tell me what a bacon butty is, I get the cuppa but you lost me on the bacon butty. I must say it sounds great..

I must admit, I'm curious too.

A bacon butty is merely a bacon sandwich .... must be made with thick crusty white bread, a generous layer of salted butter, thick cut rashers of crispy smoked bacon and lashings of brown sauce.

*salivates*

• Like 7

A bacon butty is merely a bacon sandwich .... must be made with thick crusty white bread, a generous layer of salted butter, thick cut rashers of crispy smoked bacon and lashings of brown sauce.

*salivates*

Now i'm hungry! :blush:
  • Like 3

*salivates*

That sounds so good and I will try it. What kind of brown sauce...

• Like 3

*salivates*

Damn, that sounds good! I miss bacon. :(

• Like 3

*salivates*

holy hells... how have I never had this... I will change this very soon... thank you

• Like 4

That sounds so good and I will try it. What kind of brown sauce...

It must be HP sauce...no other will do ;)

• Like 2

holy hells... how have I never had this... I will change this very soon... thank you

You won't be sorry.... but you will not thank me for your expanding girth :D

• Like 3

Damn, that sounds good! I miss bacon. :(

Oh now I feel bad that you are unable to partake.....just how limited is your diet?

• Like 2

Oh now I feel bad that you are unable to partake.....just how limited is your diet?

Raw foods only and that's mostly veggies with a few select fruits. Even bread messes me up as I found out a few days ago when I got a Subway veggie sandwich. :(

• Like 1

You are the expert and I will give this a go. Thank you....

• Like 3

Raw foods only and that's mostly veggies with a few select fruits. Even bread messes me up as I found out a few days ago when I got a Subway veggie sandwich. :(

Do you have coeliac disease? My mother has only just been diagnosed at 65 years old!

• Like 2

This makes me happy ..... the latest bounty from my in laws allotment. My kitchen table is heaving with home grown fruit and veggies

20140906_160410_zps70e995ad.jpg20140906_160415_zpsc9661b1b.jpg

Edited by amaterasu
  • Like 4

We have a Wegmans Store in our area and they have food from around the world. I may be able to find the brown sauce there.

• Like 2

We have a Wegmans Store in our area and they have food from around the world. I may be able to find the brown sauce there.

I'd be more than happy to send you some if you are unable to source the sauce :D

• Like 3

This makes me happy ..... the latest bounty from my in laws allotment. My kitchen table is heaving with home grown fruit and veggies

My compliments to your inlaws! Everything looks great and its making me hungry!

• Like 3

I'd be more than happy to send you some if you are unable to source the sauce :D

I may take you up on that but let me try to find it here first...

• Like 2

I like your inlaws and it looks like they have a green thumb.

• Like 2

My compliments to your inlaws! Everything looks great and its making me hungry!

Tomorrow I will start cooking huge batches of soups and chutneys with that haul. I'll freeze some and distribute the rest between friends and neighbours.

• Like 3

I like your inlaws and it looks like they have a green thumb.

They certainly do ...I'm hoping to get the allotment next to theirs but there is a long waiting list as plots don't become available very often....one out....one in.

• Like 2

Tomorrow I will start cooking huge batches of soups and chutneys with that haul. I'll freeze some and distribute the rest between friends and neighbours.

We've been doing a bit of the same from our garden, well mostly milady with my occasional help. The lady has been making homemade pickles, jelly, freezing and canning (jars) veggies/ fruit. She's also made tomato sauce with beef meatballs, another with Italian meat ,another that's just the sauce and also chili. She's been a busy little bee I tell ya.

• Like 3

They certainly do ...I'm hoping to get the allotment next to theirs but there is a long waiting list as plots don't become available very often....one out....one in.

I do pickles in a cold pack and they will last for up to 3 months. My mother in law who is 94 is doing beets, tomatoes and what ever she can get her hands on. She has no recipe it's all in her head...We asked her to write it down but she says just add what you like....

• Like 1