Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What makes us happy..

JVG

Be glad your economy is growing, its shrinking where I'm at and its difficult to find work much less decent pay. Oh and the crime rate is horrible!

What makes me happy is the thoughts and dreams of getting out of this sinking poop hole one day. :D

• Like 3

Well Ho is not without its odors, but where I live the air is surprisingly clean. A couple years ago the government forced a whole bunch of little industries, particularly fish and chicken processors and tanners, out of the city. It was harsh but it did help tremendously.

The problem is that people in the countryside, now that the government has lifted restrictions, come here seeking work (pay is much, much better) so the population is exploding. Same with Hanoi.

Now what would make me happy -- to move to Quy Nhon. Nice coastal city (not too small -- it still has a first class hospital and supermarket) located where the mountains meet the sea, miles of white sand non-muddy-water beaches well protected by barrier islands and where people don't need to lock their doors and so on. That is probably however a few years off.

• Like 3

I understand about pollution. I live in the far northwest suburbs of Chicago. You can see the thick fog in the air the closer to the city you get. I absolutely hate going into the city and try to avoid it at all costs, I don't even go for baseball games and ive been a huge baseball fan my whole life. Between the pollution, the crime, the traffic and the rude people, I just don't see a point in going there.

The only happy thing about the city of Chicago is seeing it in your rearview mirror as you're speeding away from it! :)

• Like 2

LOL. You need to get out your Sandburg and re-read him. I enjoyed Chicago the times I visited it, although it's a bit overwhelming and the taxi drivers seem more obnoxious than most places, although of course it is only degree -- they are obnoxious everywhere.

• Like 2

Oh no, please tell me you did not just make a cubs reference with the Sandburg comment? Oh hell, foreign relations are about to go up in smoke! :P

• Like 2

I guess that depends, there's almost 10M people in the metropolitan area I live in. The weather this time of year is nice but then people are idiots. :P

Who cares about the others? If i was there, we would just take long walks all day and wouldn't care about anything else! lol :P Edited by FollowTheTrail
  • Like 2

Who cares about the others? If i was there, we would just take long walks all day and wouldn't care about anything else! lol :P

That's what the lady and i do in the evenings and into the night. We spend all day looking for work and once the evening comes and we've eaten dinner, we grab a few drinks and go walking. In fact I just got out of the shower and letting my hair dry. Once that happens, I'm putting on my Harley Davidson knit cap, my flannel, grabbing a few beers and off we go! I like to wait til its darker out so its not so obvious I'm walking around town with open beer. Stupid pigs and their rules. ;)

• Like 2

That's what the lady and i do in the evenings and into the night. We spend all day looking for work and once the evening comes and we've eaten dinner, we grab a few drinks and go walking. In fact I just got out of the shower and letting my hair dry. Once that happens, I'm putting on my Harley Davidson knit cap, my flannel, grabbing a few beers and off we go! I like to wait til its darker out so its not so obvious I'm walking around town with open beer. Stupid pigs and their rules. ;)

Enjoy your walk you two but don't forget about the game...

• Like 1

Enjoy your walk you two but don't forget about the game...

Thank you sir. I'll check in with NFL.com when we get back. ;)

• Like 1

The fact it's nearly the weekend & there's a ton of footie & boxing to watch all weekend long :clap:

Pub time?

• Like 2

I rather enjoyed telling the orderly off when he asked if I wanted a TV set in my room -- "Do you think I'm a nincompoop? Can't you see I have a computer?" Being crotchety when you've reached a certain age can give us a lot of happiness.

• Like 2

I understand what you're saying Frank. I'm finding out that as I get older my witty, sarcastic, condescending mouth has less tolerance for idiocy. There are times I stop myself and just give them a look like " you can't be serious". I seriously blame it on too much TV. Nothing wrong with TV in moderation but too much clearly rots the brain.

• Like 2

Bed time makes me happy and that time has arrived! ;)

• Like 3

Travelling makes me happy! Seeing new places and meeting new people is one of the things that i'll never stop doing in my life!

• Like 4

Autumn leaves, watching them fall, crashing through a pile and their hues.

Splashing in puddles, when no one is watching in my red wellingtons.

Opening impossible jars and that sound, as it pops, a very satisfying feeling indeed.

Unravelling knots.

Warm bubble baths and then, getting all wrapped up in cosy bath towels afterwards.

The ring of my teaspoon as it chimes against the wall of my cup after stirring in some sugar.

Having homes for things… You know, like the crockery, cutlery or socks.

Watching the dolphins and seals play and bask along the bay from my balcony. Listening to the waves pitch and yaw outside my door.

Watching a starry nights sky twinkle and turn through the constellations, punctuated by the flash and flurry of shooting stars.

The smell of the freshly air dried, laundered sheets on my bed.

Mmmmmmm, yes… So many things, i delight in.

• Like 4

Autumn leaves, watching them fall, crashing through a pile and their hues.

Splashing in puddles, when no one is watching in my red wellingtons.

Opening impossible jars and that sound, as it pops, a very satisfying feeling indeed.

Unravelling knots.

Warm bubble baths and then, getting all wrapped up in cosy bath towels afterwards.

The ring of my teaspoon as it chimes against the wall of my cup after stirring in some sugar.

Having homes for things… You know, like the crockery, cutlery or socks.

Watching the dolphins and seals play and bask along the bay from my balcony. Listening to the waves pitch and yaw outside my door.

Watching a starry nights sky twinkle and turn through the constellations, punctuated by the flash and flurry of shooting stars.

The smell of the freshly air dried, laundered sheets on my bed.

Mmmmmmm, yes… So many things, i delight in.

That was wonderful and heart felt....

• Like 2

A relaxing day at the ballpark enjoying beer and my favorite baseball team. Well, before it became absurdly expensive that is. ;)

• Like 1

The foot rub I'm getting from the lady right now. Man does it feel good! I love my lady. :D

• Like 4

Getting "likes" on these damn messages. I know it doesn't mean anything and I am never impressed by the count, but still my ego needs a little polish sometimes.

• Like 4

Doughnuts!! :D

Oh damn! I had some apple cider cinnamon donuts last night and oh man were they good! I should not have eaten them but I could not resist.

• Like 3