Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What makes us happy..

JVG

Sorry to hear that JVG, sounds like you missed the most important one . :(

Sleep for me these days is a four letter word!!!!

• Like 2

Sleep for me these days is a four letter word!!!!

Pretty sure I know what word that is JVG.

• Like 2

Cherished new friends on UM! :tsu:

Amen to that ZZ. :tu:

Night time makes me happy. Its quiet, peaceful and if we stay up late at night we have two owls visit us! :clap:

• Like 6

You are so lucky Roo to be visited by owls! That is way too cool! All we have is a colony of about 100 vultures that perch in the trees near our house! Kinda creepy when I think about it! Wish they would go hang around someone else's house or barn! Got to get some pics of them! :lol:

Edited by KariW
  • Like 4

You are so lucky Roo to be visited by owls! That is way too cool! All we have is a colony of about 100 vultures that perch in the trees near our house! Kinda creepy when I think about it! Wish they would go hang around someone else's house or barn! Got to get some pics of them! :lol:

We really consider our selves lucky Kari. They are not in the least bit scared of us and are actually quite friendly. In the back yard we have an iron chair that seats two and it swings. One night one of the owls landed on the top of the chair and it swung a bit. The owl liked it because it started doing its owl bobbing motion and began to rock itself back and forth! Both of us were in awe, lol.

100 vultures? Holy cow that is creepy! Is it legal to shoot them? :P

• Like 4

What an awesome owl encounter Roo! Do you have any idea what species they were?

Something tells me that our vultures are probably protected, but I really have no idea! LOL! :P

• Like 3

What an awesome owl encounter Roo! Do you have any idea what species they were?

Something tells me that our vultures are probably protected, but I really have no idea! LOL! :P

As far as I can tell from internet searches based on their size ( 8 inches tall), they appear to be barn owls. Really cute bugger's! The way the wife and I see it is, their close proximity to us means they know we are no threat to them and that were good little spirits. Well, that's what we like to think. :lol:

I think vultures are protected...

By the NRA! :devil:

• Like 5

I absolutely love owls, but haven't been able to get any really good pics of them! And yes, I think they know you are no threat to them, and have a good aura about you! I truly believe that animals can sense these things!

• Like 5

I absolutely love owls, but haven't been able to get any really good pics of them! And yes, I think they know you are no threat to them, and have a good aura about you! I truly believe that animals can sense these things!

Yes, exactly. Animals are much more in tune with their own senses and nature as well. :tu:

• Like 5

Sitting next to the one I love swinging on the chair outside, perfect night time temps, a light breeze, just turned the music off and best of all we are the only humans outside. Perfect!

• Like 4

Roo is in love! :yes:

That's a very good thing to be! :w00t:

• Like 4

I enjoyed watching one of our cats have a face-off with a stick insect that had flown in from the nearby jungle and landed on our roof-deck. At first the cat thought it might be a new toy and started playing with it, but the bug was having none of that and soon the cat high-tailed it under the stairs.

• Like 4

Roo is in love! :yes:

That's a very good thing to be! :w00t:

For almost 8 years now my good man! :tu:

• Like 4

Watching Colourful flowers waiting to see rising sun makes me happy

• Like 5

Sitting next to me wife enjoying coffee and the sounds of cardinals and robins. Was visited by a bunny too. Wait, something I don't hear are humans. Yes, happy! :D

• Like 7

Winning a bid on ebay. Yay!! the dress is MINE!! :clap::P

• Like 6

Winning a bid on ebay. Yay!! the dress is MINE!! :clap::P

Drats, that was you who won? Now what am I going to wear? Must post in the Grrrrr thread now. :P

The good humor from UM member's makes me happy. :D

• Like 7

Bbqs over at my brother and sis in law's house. :)

Edited by WolvenHeart7
  • Like 7

Waking up every morning to a fresh new day makes me happy. :)

Waking up and knowing i got you ;)

• Like 6

Waking up and knowing i got you ;)

:blush:

That's just awesome! :tu:

• Like 7

being able to sit with a friend who is down

and just be there, to listen

or to just sit

not reply, not to offer advice

just be with my friend

be there for them