Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

St. Louis reaction to police shooting of teen

Wendigo Wangs

I've been following it. Not much official information about the shooting to make a post about it though.

Some initial police reports claim there was a struggle in the back of the cop car over a gun, a shot was fired, then outside vehicle he killed the guy. The friend who was with the guy who was killed claims the cops just pulled over and shot him for no reason.

The end result being 2 nights of rioting and looting in protest.

It would almost seem like poverty, hopelessness mixed with racial tensions are somehow counter intuitive to civil order.

• Like 5

If the kid had no weapon then it sounds like a major over reaction by a cop. Has any mention been made of the LEO's race? The looting is just a bonus for the trash who would do it anyway, given an oppotunity but it makes the legitimate protests less effective imo. Hope they get it sorted and no one else dies.

• Like 2

Has any mention been made of the LEO's race?

Check this out:

Are blacks disproportionately targeted in Ferguson?

Blacks make up 65% of Ferguson's population, yet they accounted for 93% of arrests after traffic stops, 92% of searches and 80% of traffic stops in the city last year, according to a racial profiling report by the Missouri attorney general.

When stopped by police, blacks in Ferguson were twice as likely as whites to be arrested -- even though police found contraband for 34% of whites stopped, versus 22% of blacks -- said Scott Decker, a criminologist on a team contracted by the attorney general's office to compile the data.

Who are Ferguson’s police officers?

The Ferguson Police Department has 53 total commissioned officers, three of whom are black and two of whom are other minorities; the rest are white, the police chief told the Los Angeles Times. Three of the officers are women and 50 are men, he said.

The officer who shot Brown is a six-year veteran of the department and has been put on paid administrative leave, officials said.

• Like 3

So sad that there doing this call in the national guard and lock them all up its just an excuse for them to do this there nuts

• Like 1

Nothing says "I am upset at the police" like looting.

• Like 4

It happened in Canada too...

The training provided is at fault and to blame. While they are recruiting agents with low IQ without social or customer service skills, they are being trained to empty the bullet cartridge when shutting.

• Like 1

Check this out:

Are blacks disproportionately targeted in Ferguson?

Blacks make up 65% of Ferguson's population, yet they accounted for 93% of arrests after traffic stops, 92% of searches and 80% of traffic stops in the city last year, according to a racial profiling report by the Missouri attorney general.

When stopped by police, blacks in Ferguson were twice as likely as whites to be arrested -- even though police found contraband for 34% of whites stopped, versus 22% of blacks -- said Scott Decker, a criminologist on a team contracted by the attorney general's office to compile the data.

Who are Ferguson’s police officers?

The Ferguson Police Department has 53 total commissioned officers, three of whom are black and two of whom are other minorities; the rest are white, the police chief told the Los Angeles Times. Three of the officers are women and 50 are men, he said.

The officer who shot Brown is a six-year veteran of the department and has been put on paid administrative leave, officials said.

Shouldn't cops target where crime, and especially violent crime, is occurring? Where they get called out to the most often? And they also have quotas they have to make every month, which very well may encourage them to patrol high crime areas without even being called out there. So I think there's a powerful relationship between the demand for law enforcement and high crime areas.

But if there's evidence of some malicious racial profiling campaign going on, the people of Ferguson can vote in a new Sheriff, presumably a black Sheriff who's going to make sure there isn't an underlying racism in the dept.. Problem solved.

I think torturing data to allow us to speculate on conspiracies like this is almost always a bad idea. And I'm not even saying the numbers are wrong, they're just not remarkable.

• Like 3

Well guys, I'm not going to pretend I know the facts of this particular case. But I will say this: it is becoming increasingly common for police officers to gun down civilians who pose little to no threat. In some cases they even murder the wrong individual because they target the wrong house with one of their no knock raids. The sad reality of living in our modern day police state is that cops can seemingly murder "mundanes" like you and I with impunity. Think of it like this: the killer cop is currently suspended WITH pay. Doesn't that strike anybody as being just a bit messed up that one boy is dead and another man is still getting his checks in the mail? If any of US pulled that trigger...we would be sitting in a jail cell right now. How is that for 'justice?'

Really I can't blame those people for being upset because they know the justice system is rigged. What's happened in other cases like this is usually there's an "internal investigation" (i.e. the public doesn't know anything about it or even if one is actually taking place) and then they come back and rule that the officer "acted in full compliance of the law" and was "justified" in using lethal force. So much for justice.

Furthermore; these cops will DELIBERATELY lie and conspire together to invent a story to ensure that the officer doesn't suffer even the slightest penalty. They look out for each other...not you and I. It's that simple.

And in most cases the officer ends up back on the streets like nothing ever happened.

So I don't KNOW for sure what happened here, but if recent case studies are any indication, you can be sure that this is probably what happened.

Personally, I think it's good to see that people are waking up to the violence of this police state and the sham court system. We can sadly expect that there will be a lot more of this in the years to come if something isn't done to reign in these psychopaths with badges.

• Like 5

If youre mad at the cops, riot at the cop station... but because that doesn't happen.. and people just steal.. what does that say about actual sympathy for the dead boy?

• Like 8

Small riot, looting. seems like not only locals, but driven in part by twitter.

Sharpton arrives today.

anyone?

Another innocent young black is taken down by a homicidal police officer. That makes people angry, and it's not difficult to understand why.

• Like 5

A circle of idiocy. The young man never should have push the cop back into the cop car, he also should not have tried to enter the cop car, but these actions are not worth being shot and killed over. Then to riot and loot your very own neighborhoods is just the icing on the idiot cake. Idiocracy all the way around!

• Like 3

If youre mad at the cops, riot at the cop station... but because that doesn't happen.. and people just steal.. what does that say about actual sympathy for the dead boy?

I'm sure there are plenty of people protesting that want nothing to do with violence or crime.

BUT, unfortunatley, there is a thriving and very active part of this culture that believes they deserve something for nothing, and it is their right to take and destroy.

• Like 6

And I'm not even saying the numbers are wrong, they're just not remarkable.

I think the most telling thing about those numbers is the racial make-up of the police department. Ferguson has a 65% black population and only five out of one hundred police are not white males?????? Where I live we ave a much higher percentage of white people than most of the rest of the country (I think) and yet just from a visual estimation I would guess that about 40% of the Seattle PD are black.

That's very true I'm sure. Many are just taking advantage of the situation
  • Like 1

I think the most telling thing about those numbers is the racial make-up of the police department. Ferguson has a 65% black population and only five out of one hundred police are not white males?????? Where I live we ave a much higher percentage of white people than most of the rest of the country (I think) and yet just from a visual estimation I would guess that about 40% of the Seattle PD are black.

Is it possible that the cops they have were the most qualified for their jobs? Do we really need mandatory race minimums here, enforced by government, to avoid another speculative conspiracy theory? Again, the solution is simply electing a black Sheriff which shouldn't be that damned difficult in a city with 65% black population and a conspiracy theory of racism in tow.

• Like 1

Is it possible that the cops they have were the most qualified for their jobs? Do we really need mandatory race minimums here, enforced by government, to avoid another speculative conspiracy theory? Again, the solution is simply electing a black Sheriff which shouldn't be that damned difficult in a city with 65% black population and a conspiracy theory of racism in tow.

Just to share my thoughts on the matter, and again, I could be wrong...but personally I am discouraged that this is turning into a "race" issue at all. In fact, I am of the opinion that this is a DELIBERATE deflection of the REAL problem by the propagandist mainstream media; which is the rise of the American police state and the fact that civilians are being treated as if we are enemy combatants in a war-zone. THIS is the REAL issue here if you ask me. But because our media is simply an extension of the federal government and is controlled by various special interest groups, this just cannot be a part of the official narrative; the IMPORTANT discussion cannot be had. They are trying to gloss over this fact and turn it into a yet another "race" issue because this is the only way they can spin the mess. And unfortunately because African Americans tend to fall under the proverbial sniper scope of this psychotic Police State; they are FITTING right INTO this narrative. They are unwittingly helping our propagandists "spin" it in this way.

Case and point: search the writings of William Norman Grigg who has exhaustively been writing and reporting on the rise of the Police State and police brutality. He is an African American himself; but he realizes it's not JUST African Americans that are targets....it's ANYONE who does not INSTANTLY comply or surrender to these costumed thugs. Everyone is a suspect and everyone is a potential threat. That is the world we live in today.

This whole "race issue" is just a smokescreen to divert people away from the biggest threat to ALL our freedoms, regardless of race...our own government and the violent thugs it employs to enforce the power of the state.

• Like 4

A circle of idiocy. The young man never should have push the cop back into the cop car, he also should not have tried to enter the cop car, but these actions are not worth being shot and killed over. Then to riot and loot your very own neighborhoods is just the icing on the idiot cake. Idiocracy all the way around!

There were those trying to tell them to go elsewhere;

oBeDO16.png

Edited by Socio
  • Like 5

oBeDO16.png

Wow, just........ Wow!

Looks like the idiocracy is worse than I thought. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

• Like 3

They're not rioting in St. Louis. There are "protests", even "angry protests". There are "demonstrators" and "unrest". "Tensions" are high as the protestors "clash". But it's not rioting. According to the news they are doing everything but rioting. A blatant attempt by the media to disassociate the terms black and rioters. We had riots here in Cincinnati about 15 years ago, sparked by exactly the same kind of incident. Many of the targets were the same as the ones I see now: Shoe stores and electronics stores. These must hold special symbolism among blacks as targets of protest against any perceived injustice. But just as the local news media never mention a suspect's race unless he's white, now when the race is not in doubt they fail to describe the crime.

Recently an unarmed white girl was shot and killed by a policeman for failing to stop as ordered when exiting a driveway from a party. The entire community was upset and outrage at the police ran high. But there were no riots. Not a single pair of shoes or even one TV was sacrificed in protest.

• Like 3

oBeDO16.png

It's an unfortunate fact that many blacks seem to blame the white man for their own inability to better themselves.

• Like 3

If I was a black person living in a St. Louis suburb I might feel peed off too. Not necessarily because of the sensational event that just happened, but more a state of being peed off already. Unfortunately though the impulse is to go smash things, instead of organizing professionally and coming together and championing the best candidate for Sheriff we can possibly find to boss the police department after the next election. If people have non-violent means at their disposal and they choose crime instead, I'm afraid my sympathies will be hard won at that point.

• Like 2

oBeDO16.png

If they went to the white neighborhoods the riots would have been over by now and there would have been a pile of casualties.
  • Like 2

They're not rioting in St. Louis. There are "protests", even "angry protests". There are "demonstrators" and "unrest". "Tensions" are high as the protestors "clash". But it's not rioting. According to the news they are doing everything but rioting. A blatant attempt by the media to disassociate the terms black and rioters. We had riots here in Cincinnati about 15 years ago, sparked by exactly the same kind of incident. Many of the targets were the same as the ones I see now: Shoe stores and electronics stores. These must hold special symbolism among blacks as targets of protest against any perceived injustice. But just as the local news media never mention a suspect's race unless he's white, now when the race is not in doubt they fail to describe the crime.

Recently an unarmed white girl was shot and killed by a policeman for failing to stop as ordered when exiting a driveway from a party. The entire community was upset and outrage at the police ran high. But there were no riots. Not a single pair of shoes or even one TV was sacrificed in protest.

I wonder how often the police shoot unarmed black people and there isn't a riot? Probably almost every time. I wonder if police shoot black people at a much higher rate than white? You know they do. Big Jim, Do your sheets have eye holes in them?