Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

St. Louis reaction to police shooting of teen

Wendigo Wangs

I'm asking for all of the evidence before I make a comment on the offender or the police officer.

My friend, here's the problem with that statement: if recent history is any indicator; you won't be privy TO that evidence; or if you are told anything at all it will be an "official narrative" irrespective of the ACTUAL truth.

Oh, the media is telling us to be patient!! Yes, be patient until another headline steals the show and the sheeple with their short attention spans conveniently forget about this one. Oh, the media is telling us the FBI is on the case!! Is that somehow supposed to encourage me that justice will be done? Big Brother looks out for its own, not you and I.

Why do you think they are waiting to release his name? Is it because they want the "facts to be straight" first. No. They're banking on something else happening in the world to divert your attention away from this case, and the media is certainly in no hurry to call for it. The propagandists are probably thinking the same thing.

I'm not criticising either the police or the deceased youth in this thread, simply playing Devils Advocate.

There are two sides to this story and so far all I've read is emotionally charged claims about one or the other.

You're damn right my claims are emotionally charged....because as I said, the FACTS of recent history are on MY side and that is precisely what outrages me!!!!! I'm furious that if I ever have to call the cops, my biggest fear is that THEY will escalate the situation, harming me or my family or shooting my pets. I'm furious that I have to get pulled over in Constitution free checkpoints to give cops a swab when I've done nothing wrong. I'm furious that cops get away with things every day that a mundane like you or I would go to jail or prison for. I'm furious that every time I go to a Buckeyes football game I have to see an MRAP sitting outside the stadium. Just who are they protecting football fans from? Or could it be a wanton display of force and power, as if to say "Welcome to the new war zone", "to serve and protect" has become "submit and obey".

I'm furious that a boy who was a few days away from starting college is now dead while his killer is sitting at home collecting paychecks.

I'm furious that there was no justice for Kelly Thomas. After all, they were just "peace officers" who were just "doing their job" which was to beat this poor homeless man to death while he was begging for his life.

Just click on this link to see why, no disrespect to you, that playing "devil's advocate" is not only impertinent, but offensive:

http://www.infowars.com/kelly-thomas-verdict-cops-now-have-license-to-murder/

This link is so graphic I'm reluctant to even post it; I'm afraid the moderators will shut me down. But people need to see it because THIS is REALITY.

The point is, my friend, we are seeing these kind of incidents happening all over the United States. I want people to realize that. The evidence from around the country suggests that this will turn out to be yet another incident of horrific police brutality.

And if recent history is any indicator, then justice will never be done. I'm afraid I can't help but be "emotionally charged." You should be too.

• Like 5

John Lewis Calls On Obama To Declare Martial Law In Ferguson, Missouri

http://news.yahoo.com/john-lewis-calls-obama-declare-martial-law-ferguson-170422859.html

We had it all in the UK too, but it spread to MANY parts of the UK and many boroughs in London simultaneously. Of course UK cops arent all armed. It was sparked by the shooting of a black male (known gangster), and once again the protesters were just out for the looting, even small kids in bandanna's were joining in

In many places the cops didn't arrive...at all... because the flare ups were happening literally simultaneously they were simply overstretched, (and quite scared I reckon)

London Riots 2011 - The Police version

The Peoples version

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-wyANyRG10

Edited by seeder

My friend, here's the problem with that statement: if recent history is any indicator; you won't be privy TO that evidence; or if you are told anything at all it will be an "official narrative" irrespective of the ACTUAL truth.

Oh, the media is telling us to be patient!! Yes, be patient until another headline steals the show and the sheeple with their short attention spans conveniently forget about this one. Oh, the media is telling us the FBI is on the case!! Is that somehow supposed to encourage me that justice will be done? Big Brother looks out for its own, not you and I.

Why do you think they are waiting to release his name? Is it because they want the "facts to be straight" first. No. They're banking on something else happening in the world to divert your attention away from this case, and the media is certainly in no hurry to call for it. The propagandists are probably thinking the same thing.

You're damn right my claims are emotionally charged....because as I said, the FACTS of recent history are on MY side and that is precisely what outrages me!!!!! I'm furious that if I ever have to call the cops, my biggest fear is that THEY will escalate the situation, harming me or my family or shooting my pets. I'm furious that I have to get pulled over in Constitution free checkpoints to give cops a swab when I've done nothing wrong. I'm furious that cops get away with things every day that a mundane like you or I would go to jail or prison for. I'm furious that every time I go to a Buckeyes football game I have to see an MRAP sitting outside the stadium. Just who are they protecting football fans from? Or could it be a wanton display of force and power, as if to say "Welcome to the new war zone", "to serve and protect" has become "submit and obey".

I'm furious that a boy who was a few days away from starting college is now dead while his killer is sitting at home collecting paychecks.

I'm furious that there was no justice for Kelly Thomas. After all, they were just "peace officers" who were just "doing their job" which was to beat this poor homeless man to death while he was begging for his life.

Just click on this link to see why, no disrespect to you, that playing "devil's advocate" is not only impertinent, but offensive:

http://www.infowars....ense-to-murder/

This link is so graphic I'm reluctant to even post it; I'm afraid the moderators will shut me down. But people need to see it because THIS is REALITY.

The point is, my friend, we are seeing these kind of incidents happening all over the United States. I want people to realize that. The evidence from around the country suggests that this will turn out to be yet another incident of horrific police brutality.

And if recent history is any indicator, then justice will never be done. I'm afraid I can't help but be "emotionally charged." You should be too.

Great post! :tu:

As Aquinas noted, if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral.

• Like 2

http://www.infowars....ense-to-murder/

Police Name Darren Wilson as Officer Involved in Missouri Shooting

Ferguson police: Michael Brown was robbery suspect caught on CCTV just before the shooting

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-28806313

Thanks for that, but I'd like to see their "reasonable grounds for believing" that he was involved.

Was it because he is black?

Reasonable grounds are the basis upon which a person could be arrested/detained. If they don't exist, there is no grounds for an arrest, and it's unlawful.

Thanks for that, but I'd like to see their "reasonable grounds for believing" that he was involved.

Was it because he is black?

Reasonable grounds are the basis upon which a person could be arrested/detained. If they don't exist, there is no grounds for an arrest, and it's unlawful.

Not sure if it's reasonable or not, but the suspect was 6"4' 275 lbs. and Michael Brown was a pretty big guy who fit that. We have no way of knowing if the cop was being unreasonable or not when he was confronted, but the end result seems to have been the cop being assaulted at some point and then shots being fired.

• Like 1

Not commenting on the case, but an unarmed person can still be very dangerous when up close to you, even without an weapon in hand. Just something to think about when wveryone claims he was unarmed.

I think he looks more threatening this way. Isn't that Dorin Johnson (witnessed shooting) in the background in this photo.

But the press will never show this photo.

BvB9BN-IEAEbtRT.jpg

• Like 3

I think he looks more threatening this way. Isn't that Dorin Johnson (witnessed shooting) in the background in this photo.

But the press will never show this photo.

BvB9BN-IEAEbtRT.jpg

:tu:

In the UK we are to have all police wear cameras, some do already, but not all.. if that happens in the US there can be a lot less disputes...both ways

eta: That was a decision connected to the black guy who got shot which sparked the UK riots

quote:

Firearms officers are to wear video cameras in an attempt to be "more open" following the death of Mark Duggan, the Met Police Commissioner has said.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe admitted the force must "do more to build trust" after an inquest jury found the 29-year-old was lawfully killed. Mr Duggan was shot dead by police in August 2011 in Tottenham, north London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-25663495

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

:tu:

In the UK we are to have all police wear cameras, some do already, but not all.. if that happens in the US there can be a lot less disputes...both ways

I dislike the idea of state-sponsored public surveillance cameras, but with the advent of google glass and smartphones it would only be a drop in the bucket I suppose.

• Like 1

I dislike the idea of state-sponsored public surveillance cameras, but with the advent of google glass and smartphones it would only be a drop in the bucket I suppose.

Britain has a CCTV camera for every 11 people, a security industry report disclosed, as privacy campaigners criticised the growth of the “surveillance state”.

http://www.telegraph...CTV-survey.html

We're kind of used to it, plus we dont have the choice.. but what makes me laugh is, a lot of crimes are still not solved because of some poor imagery, plus the hoody fashion hides peoples faces anyway

Plus in my town we even had talking cctv cams! Well, a speaker on some cams in the centres that the police can talk through...like " This is the police, your are on camera, leave that doorway now"...

http://www.northampt...d-off-1-2903375

Edited by seeder

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ferguson-police-detail-moments-michael-brown-shot/story?id=24998305

Apparently the young man was no angel. He was caught on CCTV roughing up a store employee who tried to stop him walking out with about 50 bucks worth of cigars. While that doesn't excuse the cop for shooting him multiple times it DOES give some context to how the altercation between them might have been a little different than Brown's friends portray it.

• Like 3

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=24998305

Apparently the young man was no angel. He was caught on CCTV roughing up a store employee who tried to stop him walking out with about 50 bucks worth of cigars. While that doesn't excuse the cop for shooting him multiple times it DOES give some context to how the altercation between them might have been a little different than Brown's friends portray it.

I already posted that! But another version wont hurt I guess

• Like 1

the stop, and shooting was not related to robbery.

Do you have a link for that? Id have thought a shopkeeper getting pushed about and stolen from, would be upset enough to call the cops and give a description.... who'd maybe be on the scene pretty quick wanting to talk to anyone matching the description..

the stop, and shooting was not related to robbery.

Police are saying differently. And there seems to be some verifiable reports there.

i do not really believe anything police says, if he was stopped as a robbery suspect, they would say it from the start, but the cop stopped and told them, to fvk off the road. not a single mention about robbery until today.

Do you have a link for that? Id have thought a shopkeeper getting pushed about and stolen from, would be upset enough to call the cops and give a description.... who'd maybe be on the scene pretty quick wanting to talk to anyone matching the description..

the cop stopped and told them to fvk off the road, plenty of links and references in this thread to that.

Police are saying differently. And there seems to be some verifiable reports there.

he could very well be the one who robbed the store, but it does not change anything really, i'm sure large protion of that city would fit description, of large black male.

Edited by aztek

he could very well be the one who robbed the store, but it does not change anything really, i'm sure large protion of that city would fit description, of large black male.

It changes everything. It means his 'witness' is possibly lying. It gives him reason to fight/flee upon being stopped. It gives the cop a reason to detain him.

Sorry. This is beginning to feel like the Trayvon Martin case all over again. Where the media protrayed an innocent young man being racially profiled and killed....Even though there was way more to the story.

Edited by supervike
  • Like 3

It changes everything. It means his 'witness' is possibly lying. It gives him reason to fight/flee upon being stopped. It gives the cop a reason to detain him.

you are right, it gives cop a right to stop him, not sure about detaing, but lets say it does, but none of it gives cop a right to kill him, and his budy was not the only witnesss there. all say he stopped and raised his hands.

• Like 1

you are right, it gives cop a right to stop him, not sure about detaing, but lets say it does, but none of it gives cop a right to kill him, and his budy was not the only witnesss there. all say he stopped and raised his hands.

Then how is it the cop had injuries enough that he was sent to the hospital? :s

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 1

A cop sees someone and who very closely fits the description of a recent store theft, the friend has already admitted to his friend stealing the cigars, and confronts him. The guy decides to fight/flee and assaults the cop/tries to steal his gun, in the struggle that ensues the cop shoots a guy who is much larger than himself and can overpower him after being injured and possibly dazed from being hit in the face.

Edited by Wickian
  • Like 1