Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Men protect store with AR-15 during riots

spartan max2

Another example of why we have the right to self defense

"several businesses in Ferguson, Dellwood and North County were looted and torched following the death of 18 year-old Michael Brown."

Several businesses were vandalized and looted during the rioting.

But not this one…

St. Louis Ink Tattoo Studio

xtattoo-parlor.jpg.pagespeed.ic.WOuyJnR8fB.jpg

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/armed-guards-at-strip-mall-save-north-st-louis-businesses-from-looters/

• Like 4

Can't blame them for protecting their store while the idiots run loose. Good for them !

• Like 5

Reminds me of the Korean shop owners who stood guard over their stores during the L.A. madness. They were a hated minority but when it was all over they were the only ones left in the community from which to buy necessities.

• Like 8

When you cannot depend on the security forces to protect your property then I guess there is little other option. Perhaps now is the time to allow the deployment of US Troops on the streets during these riots to protect citizens and their property... of course, this will never be allowed.

The reason for the riots and looting is usually forgotten in the mad dash to steal and rob and harm anyone that these people don't like. They turn what might be a legitimate protest into a smash and grab for other peoples' property.

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 3

Good for them. I think they appropriately guarded their businesses. I can't imagine how terrible it could have been if the gun store had been looted. It was already terrible enough :no:

• Like 1

When it comes to looting, what exactly is in a Tattoo Shop that would be useful to anyone? I'm pretty sure that's a part of why they weren't looted as well.

• Like 7

Good for them. What a fantastic "protest" they have going on down there, one of their neighbors gets gunned down by a white guy and they loot and trash their own neighborhood, while their neighbors die everyday via gang violence, but its just another day on the street. Talk about a bunch of opportunistic scum, have any of you seen the how these enraged "civil rights activists" are for what happened to their friend? Seen the videos of them laughing and screaming obscenities while they loot private businesses that had nothing to do with the shooting. Why the hell would anyone ever open a new store near that neighbor hood in the future?

I'm not quick to lump these thugs into the whole though, as there is a core of activists out there that are keeping it peaceful and orderly in respects to Mike Brown and his legitimate supporters. These thugs were nothing more than the underbelly trash that took the opportunity to get free sh!t while they could.

But yeah, I would have done the same, cowards run from a fair fight.

• Like 5

When it comes to looting, what exactly is in a Tattoo Shop that would be useful to anyone? I'm pretty sure that's a part of why they weren't looted as well.

you assume they actually think, lol, they will brake in , look for anything of value. you just can't assume they wont touch your store, and do nothing, pretty dumbto rely on their good judgement, you make sure they do not loot your store, whatever the store is. and i'm 100% sure, 6 guys with weapons outside the store will deter them, just as it proved to be working during katrina

• Like 2

They are also guarding the gun store that shares the same store front with the tattoo shop.

• Like 5

Cash, needles, equipment they could sell, etc. I'm pretty sure the main part of why they weren't looted is because they were/are armed.

Now, now, you are not going to rain on the parade of the head bobbing march, are you?

• Like 2

Now, now, you are not going to rain on the parade of the head bobbing march, are you?

LOL No, actually I am pro-gun. I just think a bit too logically sometimes. :P

• Like 1

Well, when it comes right down to it what do they gain by setting fires to random cars?

• Like 1

Well, when it comes right down to it what do they gain by setting fires to random cars?

Hush now. Don't question their "logic". Apparently there is nothing in a Tattoo shop worth stealing. All the equipment must be dirt cheap.

• Like 3

it was also connected to a gun store. And riots are not logical anything is fair game. People break in to McDonald's too

Plus apprentley youv never got a tattoo cause that stuff ain't cheap lol

• Like 3

Maybe they believe that doing damage will create fear.

• Like 1

I believe it stems from misplaced anger. They are often led to believe they have no say over their own lifes, their situation or their lot in life.

And often times, unjustified anger.

I think this culture is often it's own worst enemy. The sooner people realize that they need to distance themselves from the trouble makers and lose the anger, the sooner they can begin to effect real change. Until then, I feel they are going to be trapped by their own doings in an endless cycle of violence and anger.

• Like 6

I believe it stems from misplaced anger. They are often led to believe they have no say over their own lifes, their situation or their lot in life.

And often times, unjustified anger.

I think this culture is often it's own worst enemy. The sooner people realize that they need to distance themselves from the trouble makers and lose the anger, the sooner they can begin to effect real change. Until then, I feel they are going to be trapped by their own doings in an endless cycle of violence and anger.

Very well said. People such as the rioter's are emotional anyway and the media knows how to play on those emotions which only escalates emotions that are already running high.

I'll never understand why people would riot and loot the community they live in. To me its the same as letting your various bodily fluids out where you eat and sleep.

• Like 1

Meanwhile in all of the chaos, the arrest rate of blacks has gone up from 92% to 99%, solidifying the racism conspiracy theory naturally.

-"Shoot me. Loot you."

-"Oh yeah? Says who?"

• Like 2

Very well said. People such as the rioter's are emotional anyway and the media knows how to play on those emotions which only escalates emotions that are already running high.

I'll never understand why people would riot and loot the community they live in. To me its the same as letting your various bodily fluids out where you eat and sleep.

Because people have lost the relation to all but their immediate neighborhood, anything two blocks in either direction is terra incognita. Besides that, we always have the looter taking advantage of any spontaneous demonstration, and mostly they are individuals who don't care what the demo is about.

A few years back in London they had a riot (because some baby gangster got shot) and many organizing the looting were "professionals" who do it anyway.... and the demonstration that it has nothing to do with anger: in one street all stores were looted except the bookstore... nothing in there they wanted (or were capable of utilizing)... we had a thread to that effect in the European forum.

• Like 2