Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Four-year-old survives 11-day ordeal

Still Waters

A four-year-old girl was recovering in hospital after being lost for nearly two weeks in a bear-infested forest in Russia with only her puppy to defend her.

Karina Chikitova was found emaciated but alive at the weekend, having survived 11 days in the Siberian wilderness in what rescuers said was nothing short of a miracle.

http://www.telegraph...ian-forest.html

• Like 7

Awww bless her and bless her dog for looking after her, Not that he would have been much of a match for the bears if they really wanted to attack.

11 days is good going!

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 6

Take that Bear Grylls!

Amazing, almost hard to believe. 11 days is a long time. Bears can be "intimidated" by dogs, even grizzlies and polar bears can be scared off.

Lucky lucky girl.

Good dog.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 8

Amazing! Her hair looks amazing for a little girl sleeping rough in the woods for 11 days..

Amazing! Her hair looks amazing for a little girl sleeping rough in the woods for 11 days..

I thought she looked well too, Maybe they gave her a bit of a clean up first and took the photo afterwards.

• Like 3

That is such a sweet news report. What a loving dog for protecting her in that huge creepy forest.

IMHO they should think of making this into a film.

• Like 2

That dog is a keeper. The girl is lucky she didn't run across any of those killer squirrels Russia has. Unless she was a chunky kid, she looks surprisingly well for being lost in the forest for 11 days, maybe she found some food at wherever she was drinking water from?

• Like 2

I get dirtier than that just mowing my front lawn.

Something about this story doesn't add up.

• Like 2

Whether the article exaggerated or not in the number of days lost it the woods, it's still scary for a four year old to wander off like that. I'm just glad this story ended happily, especially if 11 days is true.

• Like 1

Thank goodness she had her dog with her. I'm glad this story had a happy ending, it's not fun being lost in the woods.

• Like 2

Has she been approached by elite military branches to offer training and consultation work?

3 1/2 is the legal working age in Russia, right?

• Like 1

It's a wonder she didn't eat any poisonous berries. Or did she?

When a child is involved, that child belongs to each and every one of us. It does not matter what part of the globe, race, religion, or circumstance, that little girl is our daughter. I love this story and if true, I am blown away by this little lady. What a refreshing break from horrible endings.

• Like 1

She is Russian. .... These ppl are overbuilt!

usavsrussia.jpg

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

By that age she has already had two years survival training by the KGB!

Beat that Rambo, she needs to be fast tracked through to the Spetsnaz I think lol.

Seriously though, I bet her parents were relieved afterwards and I am really glad she was found safe and well, a thankfully happy ending...

I watched the video she didn't look scared at all....Now she has an interesting story to tell when she grows up ;)

The dog scared away predators? If only all those kids had a dog when Jimmy Savile was about.

• Like 1

She will soon star in a new series, a spin-off of Survivorman, called Survivortoddler.

I would watch that. Much better than most of the other stuff on tv. :D

As long as we don't see any Battle Royale style twists. :unsure2: