Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tall Boulder Rolls Down Martian Hill

Waspie_Dwarf

Tall Boulder Rolls Down Martian Hill, Lands Upright

A track about one-third of a mile (500 meters) long on Mars shows where an irregularly shaped boulder careened downhill to its current upright position, seen in a July 3, 2014, image from the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera aboard NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 2

Give it time and the image with the tracks will be on some CT websites no doubt! :lol:

• Like 2

Give it time and the image with the tracks will be on some CT websites no doubt! :lol:

Don't give them ideas.

Gravity working on Mars? It's a conspiracy I tell you! A conspiracy!

Gravity working on Mars? It's a conspiracy I tell you! A conspiracy!

It's those darn Newtonists and their gravity nonsense.

• Like 1

Wait what?

A 3.5 meters boulder must have at least 2 tons on earth. What exactly can move this boulder on Mars . It is irregular shaped oblong as I could see. The lows of physic should say a 2 tons oblong boulder is kinda impossible to start moving by itself downhill.

Wait what?

A 3.5 meters boulder must have at least 2 tons on earth. What exactly can move this boulder on Mars . It is irregular shaped oblong as I could see. The lows of physic should say a 2 tons oblong boulder is kinda impossible to start moving by itself downhill.

Are you implying someone pushed it ?

First of all it wouldn't weigh 2 tons on mars, it would be about 800 kg. Secondly it looks pretty round to me !

A good guess to what might get it rolling would be a seismic event (mars quake ?). There is also wind on Mars, while I grant that it is very weak, a steady push might have got it moving if it exerted pressure long enough.

We can't really see how steep the hill is on this image, maybe someone can shed a little light on that ? If the hill is steep enough the rock doesn't even have to be round to get moving.

This is just two ideas I can think of, I am sure that the scientists can come up with more that I have not thought about. :tu:

Wait what?

heres a road-sign on earth :lol:

2828004_cc579e7b.jpg

heres what the sign means

14_01-Sud-Tirol-1.jpg

heres the tracks it left

14_01-Sud-Tirol-5.jpg

And heres what happened in the pics

http://www.dailymail...d-rockfall.html

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

I would say Mr. Boulder has been sitting at the hill for some billions years and resulted by wind the sand around him

has been blown away or/and the surrounding rock has been eroded so that he wasn`t fixed anymore and gravity did

the rest. Or so.

Judging by it's Delta shape it is obviously a crash - landing of an ET Space Ve' hickle... :whistle::alien:

Judging by it's Delta shape it is obviously a crash - landing of an ET Space Ve' hickle... :whistle::alien:

Really, don't give them ideas. There are people that will take you seriously. We already have a poster that seems not to have heard of rock slides.

As a t-shirt I saw the other day said:

Common-sense is now so rare it should be reclassified as a super-power.
  • Like 1

Wait what?

You need to go to the mountains and see what moves. I like to say that mountains speak. They groan and moan and through up huge amounts of dust. The really big ones are called landslides.

PS Everyone has given away the answer as to "What exactly can move this boulder on Mars." Please read the thread and learn the answer.

PPS You need to review your laws of physics. Making stuff up about something being impossible is not one of the laws of physics.