Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What the ISIS is going on!?

LucidElement

Man you actually seem to be saying - just leave them alone and let them build their state. Is that right?

Yes. We have a much better track record destroying states than organizations after all and more tools besides the military to do it with.

Yes. We have a much better track record destroying states than organizations after all and more tools besides the military to do it with.

So you're willing to accept the slaughter of the Christians, Yazidis and every other minority so that we don't use even minimal power to stop it? If the only way to stop IS from gaining more ground is to send in the boots then I think it's in our own best interest to do so. I say that because I firmly believe that they may grow quite powerful if left to their own. I also believe that eventually Baghdadi will try to keep his promise to the jailer who released him - "see you in NY"
  • Like 1

but they have (or claim to have) missiles that could hurt nations nearby.

"One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies by their intentions rather than their results" -Milton Friedman

• Like 3

Give them advisers, give them weapons, give them air support but no ground troops. It's time the Shia learned to stand their ground and fight. If Turkey and the E.U. do not want to bleed for them, why should we? The only people in that whole country with any kind of fighting spirit is the Kurds, and the Sunni if given a chance.

• Like 1

Its looking like its an air situation. We have such great air power, I never understood why we need boots. Well, granted to clean out the "nooks and crannies" haha (ya i just said that) but as a whole we can do that from the air, which we seem to be doing..Im glad we are airstriking the militants around the dam. My question though, is once we bomb all the ISIS members around the dam (which weve already done) is there anything stopping ISIS from regaining it?? or do the Kurds move in?? Im a little confused about that situation.

Its looking like its an air situation. We have such great air power, I never understood why we need boots. Well, granted to clean out the "nooks and crannies" haha (ya i just said that) but as a whole we can do that from the air, which we seem to be doing..Im glad we are airstriking the militants around the dam. My question though, is once we bomb all the ISIS members around the dam (which weve already done) is there anything stopping ISIS from regaining it?? or do the Kurds move in?? Im a little confused about that situation.

My understanding from the reports I have read is that the Kurds are actively moving in and taking good advantage of the cover we are providing them.

• Like 2

BBC news just reported, well, not 'just'...Ive only just caught up... but they report that the dam has been retaken...by the Kurds, under the guidance of, and assistance of, US special forces.. so, Boots are on the ground.

As are the SAS

• Like 1

And your answer? Sometimes you fight even if you KNOW you will lose - because it's the right thing to do. If your answer is to just let these thugs do as they will then frankly, you leave me speechless.

Well spoken, AT, and I agree!

And you just answered exactly why it is that Hamas continues on, and always will to the bitter end.

Impressive isn't it? Between the armaments and the money they got from the central bank in Mosul, they are now equivalent to a full fledged national army. Figure in the funding they are still getting from Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Qatar and they are pretty much set for cash. They are media savvy and radical Sunni's in Iraq, Syria, and elsewhere readily embrace them.

However, they are p***ing off a lot of different people. Assad and the Iranians, the Shiite majority in Iraq, the Kurds, the Yazidi, and of course even Israel is keeping an eye in their direction. Even moderate Sunni's are starting to decry them.

They are trying to build a state in Iraq/Syria. Exactly what we were trying to do. The problem our politicians seem to have is understanding that you can't build a country for someone else. They have to build it themselves. They have to fight for it themselves. ISIS is the perfect crucible for that. We can let the Iraqis fight and win their own country or we can go back in and create another paper puppet state that throws down the armaments we gave them at their oppressors feet as they kneel down to be shot in the head.

And don't forget the last time we "helped", we killed a lot more civilians than 90. Experts put that number closer to half a million.

How can they when they know they built an "Israel" for the Jews?

Other than that, decent post

BBC news just reported, well, not 'just'...Ive only just caught up... but they report that the dam has been retaken...by the Kurds, under the guidance of, and assistance of, US special forces.. so, Boots are on the ground.

As are the SAS

Whenever politicians say no "boots on the ground" they never count the special forces for some reason lol

• Like 2

So you're willing to accept the slaughter of the Christians, Yazidis and every other minority so that we don't use even minimal power to stop it? If the only way to stop IS from gaining more ground is to send in the boots then I think it's in our own best interest to do so. I say that because I firmly believe that they may grow quite powerful if left to their own. I also believe that eventually Baghdadi will try to keep his promise to the jailer who released him - "see you in NY"

Very interesting that you grouse over leaving innocent people to be killed.

Whenever politicians say no "boots on the ground" they never count the special forces for some reason lol

Yup :--)

Not to mention "advisers". Get a kick out of that one!

"Now I will advise you how to pull the trigger"

I'm still saying ISIS and its Muslim Caliphate are rag-tag outfits, at best. 3,000 Yazidis stranded on a mountain? A few hundred Christians murdered? And people are impressed with this?

You want to see terrorists that could show the ISIS a thing or two about murdering and cleansing?

Go back to 1947 pre Israel, when four Jewish terrorist groups - Irgun, Lehi, Stern Gang, and Haganah religiously cleansed 700,000 Muslim Palestinians out of Mandated Palestine. But that was just the beginning. Those refugees that fled into neighboring countries caused such epic humanitarian crisis that the effected countries invaded into Mandated Palestine to stop the madness.

And that is how the 1948 "War of Independence" happened.

The Jewish terrorist in Mandated Palestine were suddenly fighting the standing armies from Egypt, Syria, and Jordan, not to mention expeditionary forces from Iraq, and Palestinian Arab insurgents in Mandated Palestine.

Guess who won?? Yes! Yes! The Jewish Caliphate known as Israel was created!

Are the Jewish Terrorists awesome or what!!!!!

• Like 1

Really dude... do you have to somehow bring up isreal in every thread

• Like 2

He needs to make himself feel important... :unsure2:

Really dude, what do you think - in the big picture sense, has created Al Qaeda, ISIS, Taliban, Hezbollah, Hamas, PLO, and every other Muslim terror group in existence?

think BIG picture.

You'll get your wish soon. I won't be longing for these boards.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

I need to make sure people like you at least hear the truth. Keep licking authority boots.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

Nah, he just has to spew hate against Israel. It's his thing. I admire EoT for being the ONLY anti Israel poster here who actually says straight up what he thinks! I disagree with every word but you have to respect honesty when you see it. The rest are just trash talkers with mealy mouths.
  • Like 1

BTW, AT, I am getting heat in here from a Mod. I won't change my ways so I don't expect to be around here very long.

I passed the incidents to me and others along to Gardener to see what he thinks.

So if you don't see me around, I'll say - See ya - right now.

My understanding from the reports I have read is that the Kurds are actively moving in and taking good advantage of the cover we are providing them.

ya for sure, which is a good thing. the U.S cleared a lot of space for them. Thats awesome
  • Like 2

BTW, AT, I am getting heat in here from a Mod. I won't change my ways so I don't expect to be around here very long.

I passed the incidents to me and others along to Gardener to see what he thinks.

Or maybe try not to be so viciously anti semitic? You can get your points across without some of the stuff you trowel on, man. But that's your call.

150 more UK special forces to go into the area to kick some IS butts

http://www.dailymail...ion-months.html

Hmmm.......

I can only imagine these are going to be reconaissance/intel-gathering ? I know that the various Special Forces are supposed to be very tough, and eat rocks etc, but 150 seems like a rather small number for such a large area.

Forward air controllers/artillary spotters, perhaps ?

Really dude, what do you think - in the big picture sense, has created Al Qaeda, ISIS, Taliban, Hezbollah, Hamas, PLO, and every other Muslim terror group in existence?

think BIG picture.

Well, the Big Picture huh ? Then.... Al Qaeda, ISIS, Hamas and the PLO where created - or at least controlled by - the Muslim Brotherhood. (although the PLO where also heavily influenced by Revolutionary Marxism).

The Taliban where pretty much created - and nurtured - by the Pakistan Inter-Services-Intelligence organisation. (their equivalent of the UK's SIS, or the USA's CIA).

Hezbollah was created - and nutured by - Iran.

The only "Big Picture" I can see there is that they all share a common Operations Manual, but that was written many hundreds of years ago.

You'll get your wish soon. I won't be longing for these boards.

Meh ... that ain't going to happen. It's not my Birthday for another 6 months or so. :w00t:

"Meddle not in the affairs of Wizards: they are subtle, and quick to anger"

Actually, I suspect Saruman isn't necessarily that Subtle if he is peeved :D