Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What the ISIS is going on!?

LucidElement

It was a step to far to expect the Iraqi army to handle ISIS....the old guard was dismantled, the new army are no match for any military force - give them a few more decades and they might make the grade.

Seriously? As if oh of course the Iraqi military didn't work out. Uh huh. We're ready for combat over here in less than three months. It's called Basic Training. Organization and logistics in the 21st century are not that big a deal either. Being armed by the US can't be a bad thing either. The reason why the Iraqi military dissolved isn't because they needed another generation to train themselves to handle terrorists in Toyotas.

ISIS was dismantled too, before it wasn't. The rate of ascendency corresponds to the degree of motivation.

I suspect there is CIA involvement in ISIL They are way too successful, way too organized to have done anything like this without help. No, I don't have a link to back it up. It is what I perceive is happening, based on events that have happened in the past.

what events in the past??? and no chance CIA is involved.

And now there is word that James Foly the news reporter who was kidnapped in 12' has been beheaded by ISIS? Isis wasnt formed yet, so who kidnapped him originally? I didnt read into it yet, but by tomorrow Ill know all about it.... so basically what were seeing is since the US is involved, Isis is capturing Americans. There is also word that a U.S Aid has been captured.

And now there is word that James Foly the news reporter who was kidnapped in 12' has been beheaded by ISIS? Isis wasnt formed yet, so who kidnapped him originally? I didnt read into it yet, but by tomorrow Ill know all about it.... so basically what were seeing is since the US is involved, Isis is capturing Americans. There is also word that a U.S Aid has been captured.

I seem to recall that the genesis of this current group called IS was a splinter of AQ formed by al Zarkawi. We killed him a few years ago with a 500lb bomb on his house. The organization he formed didn't die with him.
  • Like 1

I seem to recall that the genesis of this current group called IS was a splinter of AQ formed by al Zarkawi. We killed him a few years ago with a 500lb bomb on his house. The organization he formed didn't die with him.

Strange how killing the leader of a group in a martyr culture does not end the movement?

I mean, there could be no possible way of predicting that outcome could there?

• Like 2

Strange how killing the leader of a group in a martyr culture does not end the movement?

I mean, there could be no possible way of predicting that outcome could there?

OTOH allowing a known leader to continue to do damage to your cause isn't a very effective approach either. Sometimes there is no real answer when two ideologies come into conflict except that one will annihilate the other. The bad news for us is that the west has lost the will to go so far. Our enemies are quite capable of doing so.
  • Like 2

Well we are at the end of the American Empire.

Its no longer prudent to throw away 10,000 lives to win some cannon shattered woods swimming in viscous mud.

This is not entirely bad. But now we have the problem of radicals.

Kill them and they become superheros. Leave them be and they run through course....usually through some buildings and a thousands of lives.

The world is a complex place and it will just become increasingly so.

• Like 1

To clarify I do have a humane solution to radicalized Islamic terrorists....a catch and release policy.

Catch 'em, invert the weeny, giving them a nice set of woman parts and then release them to enjoy radicalized Islamic society as a very fine newly minted lady.

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 6

Alright conspiracy theorist lol. We just airstriked the weapon caches that we gave to the Iraqi government that ISIS took over. Doesnt sound like their in favor of anything going on. Mass Genocide, who could fund and support that.

We were just letting em know they are over stepping their new territory. Its not like we are actually doing anything to stop them from systematicaly destroying who ever they want, including Christian children by the thousands. Besides whats so hard to believe? Everyone knows we are down with al CIA da. They needed to give them a new name.

Why don't we just bite the bullet, and give the CIA their own Nation State ?

Perhaps then they would stop interfering in everybody else's ? :P

• Like 1

Damn, i wasnt a fan of Obama's speech a bit ago. His speech to the nation about the beheading of James Foley. He seemed it to not be a big deal. (hopefully he thought it was more then how he sounded). His stradegy seems to not have changed.. and now they have another American hostage, who i hate to say it, outcome most likely will not be good =(

Well, its being said that White House is considering very heavily about putting troops in Iraq. You know there already are, but there thinking about putting a few hundred. They would'nt be seriously considering it if they weren't going to do it. So F'd up, because you know this other hostage is going to get beheaded to probably. Sad, this cancer needs to be stopped. As a powerhouse of the world we can do.. now their beheading and killing Americans in retaliation.... p***es me off, all they do is hide these hostages and write messages for them that they "have to read them" .. I wonder what inspires James Foley to read that message he did right before he was executed.. You gotta think, he knew it was the end for him (sadly) since he even said, the ship has sailed for me to see my family.. GRRRRRR upsets me so much.

• Like 1

So every time some nutjob cuts someone's head off we'll spend another $500 million of taxpayer dough. Sounds like a winning strategy.

• Like 1

Hmm..... dunno Yamato... it might bear fruit.

If every Islamofascist thought "they will spend $500 million hunting me to the ends of the earth, and with no 'statute of limitations'... I will be hunted for the rest of my life", then perhaps it will discourage them from mass murdering (through bombing campaigns against civilians), or beheading people on TV.

So every time some nutjob cuts someone's head off we'll spend another $500 million of taxpayer dough. Sounds like a winning strategy.

This is why I have been advocating a journalist's head for a a journalist's head.

We just remove some journalists heads in a flashy, high budget, well produced manner and distribute it via the interwebs with a message about equanimity of violence.

Then bury said heads in a pit filled with unclean things.

I am positive this rational and logical response can have no escalating effects on the situation.

Edited by bubblykiss

Venting:::: HERE WE COME ISIS!!! ... Behead one of our American Journalists, Make him read some bullsh** story about his family, and about how his brother is doing the wrong thing..you guys recruit 15 year old kids (brainwash them) have them send videos mocking the USA about how you will SPLIT the U.S.A apart.. now were coming after you and bad news for you Baghdadi and Shishani (your field commander).. You guys talk a BIG game but all you do is run and hide and SLAUGHTER innocent people... BEHEAD Americans.... Baghdadi says = ILL SEE YOU IN N.Y ... no chance...He will end up iike Zarqawi, Bin Laden, Hussein... He talks a big game but like all these terrorist cowards they hide... Put my 6ft5 270LB frame against Baghdadi one on one we will see what happens... James Foley, took a beheading like a man (no struggle, no fear! he knew what was going to happen).. Im so tired of reading about people who are trying to back these terrorists up ... all the crap about "Oh USA should mind their own business," or "Oh USA has no right being involved" ... WELL THATS B.S... They cut off an AMERICANS HEAD, and LAID it on his BACK! They have ANOTHER hostage who will ALSO get his head cut off most likely (GOD, I HOPE NOT) ... The Brits and the U.S are going to do some GOOD stuff against these cowards... they just talk and talk.. and HIDE and HIDE.. Wait till we have our SEALS and Spec- OPS on the ground.. (300 troops will be deployed) .. they probably already are.. between the U.S airstrikes, the SAS and the U.S Seals.. no chance.. .. ANYONE HERE CAN WEAR or Cover a towel over their faces and look scary (like ISIS)... but we all know there cowards... all they do is SNEAK ATTACK,,. Just really upsets me... If anyone wants to talk about why we SHOULDN'T be involved after these events NOW please step up to the plate and let me know.. because NO WAY anyone here would take a BEHEADED like JAMES FOLEY did.. (STRAIGHT FACE, didnt make a sound, AFTER reading a force fed hate message against his beloved country U.S.A)

Which also pis**s me off ... Daniel Berg, Nick Berg, James Foley... all died in VAIN. (I'd advice anyone NOT to watch that beheading) Poor guy was screaming.. and then their are people here who have the audacity to call it a CONSPIRACY.. We all know he was yelling and screaming as a blade ran thru his neck.. same went for James Foley plus others......

ALL THAT SAID, THATS WHY THE U.S.A IS INVOLVED... and OBAMA doesn't want to be involved well tough ****.. now its effected AMERICANS!!!

Edited by LucidElement
  • Like 3

YAMATo, GUESS what... im a tax payer. and I HAVE no PROBLEM spending MY tax dollars fighting a FIGHT like this... I JUST dont agree to spending my Tax dollars on some other miniscule crap which most of it goes too.. but in a situation like this.. take it!!!.. ill take my tax dollars to save lives of Americans and innocent individuals getting beheaded and kids getting slaughtered.

Obama has already put this country in 7 Trillion dollars in debt, with his "it didnt work stimulus plan" how about THOSE tax dollars... (another topic for another day!!!) and your complaning about tax dollars going to a cause that can and WILL save peoples lives RIGHT NOW??? we have evacuated about 1000 Yazidis a day... thats GOOD tax money...

• Like 2

This terrorist could have been in your own back yard, the free world should get involved in a war with these Islam monsters that have no rules of conduct, that is a threat to the world

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_c2

He wont last long either.

No problem. Yes, they need our help, boots on the ground. Cut off every roadway in and out of Iraq, roadblocks in and out of cities, etc.. cut them off. And I'm talking extreme roadblocks, 100's of troops, concrete barriers to shield suicide bombers, tanks etc. And the borders patrolled by attack helicopters to handle those who go around the roadblock.

Of course this is wishful thinking.

But what about the cost? The debt? This will need raise in taxes or rise in debt. And what about the families of the soldiers who need to send their sons, husbands to war? How do you convince them that this is their war?

• Like 1

Well, its being said that White House is considering very heavily about putting troops in Iraq. You know there already are, but there thinking about putting a few hundred. They would'nt be seriously considering it if they weren't going to do it. So F'd up, because you know this other hostage is going to get beheaded to probably. Sad, this cancer needs to be stopped. As a powerhouse of the world we can do.. now their beheading and killing Americans in retaliation.... p***es me off, all they do is hide these hostages and write messages for them that they "have to read them" .. I wonder what inspires James Foley to read that message he did right before he was executed.. You gotta think, he knew it was the end for him (sadly) since he even said, the ship has sailed for me to see my family.. GRRRRRR upsets me so much.

But shouldn't the American left Iraq by this time? What the heck was he doing there? Trying to be hero by reporting? I think it's clearly against government directives if any were given. Guys like these are driven by either greed for limelight or think themselves to be daredevil and stay there and get beheaded even the developing nations would have pulled their citizens from Iraq long time ago. Now I am waiting for an USA citizen to be killed in Syria. Sigh

• Like 1

Something else you may find interesting...These weapons ISIS took over from the fleeing Iraqi militants.

As ISIS Routs The Iraqi Army, Here's A Look At What The Jihadists Have In Their Arsenal

Wow they got some high tech weapon.Question is do they know how to operate them?

But shouldn't the American left Iraq by this time? What the heck was he doing there? Trying to be hero by reporting? I think it's clearly against government directives if any were given. Guys like these are driven by either greed for limelight or think themselves to be daredevil and stay there and get beheaded even the developing nations would have pulled their citizens from Iraq long time ago. Now I am waiting for an USA citizen to be killed in Syria. Sigh

James Foley was taken prisonner in Syria in 2012 while covering the civil war there. He was not in Iraq at all.

Edited by sam_comm

James Foley was taken prisonner in Syria in 2012 while covering the civil war there. He was not in Iraq at all.

Oops sorry my bad. Was Syria safe at that time any directive from USA government for it's citizens not to be there?