Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What the ISIS is going on!?

LucidElement

Al- Qaueda was floating around since late 80s. .. Dont forget, Saddam Hussein had continued to sponsor terrorism, (HE DIDNT CRACK DOWN ON THEM) had over the years invaded or attacked four of his neighbors, and had killed tens of thousands of his own people. He was surely more a threat to the region and to his own people than either Bashar Assad or Moammar Qaddafi was eight years later....

i said there were no terrorists in Iraq. Yeah he may have sponsored them although there was never any proof of this. The same can be said of Saudi Arabia, the US' major ally in the region. Sure the fat, rich Royal family will never admit to it but there is plenty of talk about them sponsoring the hordes of Sunni fundamentalists running amok around the ME these days. Why doesn't the US invade SA?? Saddam was no threat after Desert Storm. In fact, Iraq was under constant surveillance, they had no fly zones all around the country, sanctions in place and he had no army left.

In October 2002, both houses of Congress passed 23 writs justifying the removal of Saddam, an update of Bill Clinton’s 1998 Iraq Liberation Act. Senators Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and Harry Reid were among those who not only enthusiastically called for Saddam’s removal, but also warned of intelligence estimates of Saddam’s WMD arsenals. So it wasn't just Bush..

So what?! I thought your President has the last say in the decision making department? Intelligence estimates of WMD??! LOL, that backfired didn't it? Before you go in and cause the death of close to a million people, you want to be doing more than wild guessing.

Dont sit there and tell me Saddam cracked down on terrorists and that there was no terrorist organizations in Iraq before Bush invaded because thats incorrect.

Sorry man, I AM telling you just that. Here's an article of the NY Times before the invasion.

In particular,

Like other Middle Eastern rulers, Saddam Hussein has long recognized that Al Qaeda and like-minded Islamists represent a threat to his regime. Consequently, he has shown no interest in working with them against their common enemy, the United States. This was the understanding of American intelligence in the 1990's. In 1998, the National Security Council assigned staff to determine whether that conclusion was justified. After reviewing all the available intelligence that could have pointed to a connection between Al Qaeda and Iraq, the group found no evidence of a noteworthy relationship.

But ISIS is now recrutting Americans and British to fight for them which is crazy to me. One American died today fighting for ISIS which means that U.S airstrikes are knocking these guys out left and right. But we need to go in there and flush the place out. and STAY there....When Obama pulled all our troops outta Iraq thats when this mess started, there is no argument because its exactly what happened. You think ISIS would be spreading if our troops were still there?? HELL NO... think about all the years the US was there and no one really heard about IRAQ after about 07' on... now all of a sudden we pull out and KABOOM ISIS forms... they were waiting for a chance... now we leave and of course ISIS talks crap about the U.S, which p***es me off because where were they and why werent they talkin crap when we were there... UGHH THATS EASY.. there cowards. Its easy to talk s**t to someone when your thousands of miles away.. but get in their face and they just run and hide underground... Saddam, Bin Laden, Zarqawi, now Baghdadi.ect.. they talk and talk and talk.. but they just hide and hide and hide when we show up...

I love this all American gung-ho, "I would love to be a patriot and a hero for my country" attitude. It resembles in a wicked way these jihadists you hate and would love to flush out.

I mean, where you are getting your information from really puzzles me. I doubt even Fox News is crazy enough to say that Iraq was a haven from 2007 until the US pulled out in 2010. LOL.

It doesn't take much searching on the internet to verify the truth,

2007 second most dangerous country in the world to live in after Somalia

2008 second most dangerous country in the world to live in after Somalia

2009 third most dangerous country in the world to live in after Somalia and Afghanistan

2010 second most dangerous country in the world to live in after Afghanistan

KABOOOM

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2

Good job, BR Devil.

I'm not surprised that any American feels that Saddam was in bed with al Qaeda or any terrorist group, the propaganda machine in the US is really quite persuasive.

I bet most adults in America right now still think that Saddam gassed 100,000 Kurds with Sarin, too, even though it has all been debunked.

Gee, I wonder why government authorities don't try to find out who *started* those outlandish lies and chastise those people?

Ya, I wonder. :unsure2:I wonder about my government becoming more and more totalitarian/Nazi every day

ISIS doesnt know how to use a stinger properly, same with the tanks they stole for the Iraqi government, given to the Iraqi government by the U.S... You cant really believe these kids (which most of them are) can just drive away in a tank or handle FIM 92-Stingers.

Who says that “these kids” don’t know how to handle this equipment? How difficult was it to train the Mujahideen? ISIS has financial backing. That would also include a payroll for technical experts (mercenaries). The backing would also provide a front for funneling in equipment and arms off the black market. I bet it wouldn’t take you too long to be trained on how to handle the stinger. BTW, the term is captured and not stole.

Also Raven, the DAM in Baghdad WAS taken over by ISIS but the U.S airstrikes and the Russian forces amongst many of the Kurds took that back, really had nothing to do with drawing us into Syria....

Hello!? And how do you know this is not a feint? That is the question I ask. If it is, it will accomplish 2 things. Draw us into the hornet’s den and draw attention away from Baghdad.

The fact that ISIS is so well funded and organized (even with those kids) has put America (the superpower) in a situation to help the civilians in that country as well as surrounding countries put an end to ISIS... moreover,

We were in the situation to help if we had stayed. In fact if we hadn’t created that vacuum so quickly, ISIS would have never been. But before you go off, yes, we could have stayed out in the first place but then there would have been an Iranian backed Shiite version of ISIS but equipped with nukes. There is this Islamic grassroots movement going on. We just don’t know the final form but it isn’t going to be good for 3/4s of the planet. By staying in Iraq for several generations would have given us the initiative to control that movement. We’ve lost that initiative and I don’t think we can get it back anytime soon.

ISIS after beheading a U.S journalist (p***es me off still) and having another couple captured,

That’s a distraction. It is meant to goad us. To make us react to them. Tactically, that is a very bad place to be. We’re being led around like a bull with a ring in his nose.

and making threats of coming to American secretly to do terroist acts is

And what happens when they are no longer threats? Wouldn’t it have been better to prevent those threats in the first place? People will learn that creating a vacuum, retreating, and not protecting the borders causes more threats than continuing an occupation or having a military 2nd to none (which we don’t have).

WHY we are know flying drones over SYRIA... and ASSAD has the balls to tell us we need "permission" give me a break guy. Assad killls his own people, hes as twisted as ISIS is..

Because we are weak now. We are having to rely on technology. When you overly boast about your technological superiority indicates that you have a weak military. We use to spend more than the next 25 nations did on defense. Now our military is gutted. All the top officers have been fired. Platforms are being retired. No new R&D for future replacements. This is nothing more than a Stalin-like purge. And it will hurt us badly. Especially if Russia and China decide to push the envelope more. What’s to stop them? A paper tiger? Sanctions? Threats? Red lines? The only thing that stops this is speaking softly and carry a big stick. You need to combine technology with boots on the ground. That’s how you overwhelm an enemy(s).

Then on the other side of things, you have PUTIN's troops and all the Sh**load of convoys parked outside of the Ukraine.. have you seen that!?!? Obama just wants to smack sancations and have peace talks with these countries... and as we all know, that turned out really well right?? Everything looks great... Tell me again why Bush (people didnt like him, which is stupid) had our troops in IRAQ and everything was calm and collective after a few years of pushing Al-Qaueda outta their?? Tell me again why when Obama took office , a couple years later, pulls all off our troops out and ISIS forms?? Its like those Americans died for nothing that pushed Al-Qaueda outta there... The whole situation upsets me, but like most liberals say, "we would withdraw our vote given the chance". Jesus, and like i said Putin is about to take back some of the soviet block... PUTIN WOULD NEVERRRRRR try and cross Bush, or even Clinton, defiantly not Reagan or Bush Senior... You've never heard of so much chaos going on at once in this world as there is now..

That’s a bit rambling but well put. This is what poor leadership does. I saw through his character. I could have cared less what color he is. And that is their best defense, that we must be racists because we point out that this guy is a community organizing hack!?

Oh, maybe Obama just needs to go play Golf again right after that kid got his head cut off... REALLY!!!!! .. Addresses the nation about it, then says, really nothing,, then minutes later walks out the backdoor and to the first tee box... As they say on ESPN, C'MON MAN!

And it’s not that he went golfing, all Presidents need distractions so they can think, but how you go about it tells people of their character. And we have a POTUS of poor character.

• Like 1

It does seem to be old wars between warring factions and should the world really get involved?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/08/28/fighting-in-syria-spawns-separate-civil-war-in-global-jihadist-movement/

The forming hostilities between Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and Ayman al-Zawahiri seem to draw similarities to Salah ad-Din and Nur ad-Din.

Back in the old days, al-Sadr named a part of Baghdad after himself and Bush was like "okay". This monkey business has always been stupid and it still is. It's amazing, frankly, that some people are still too blissfully ignorant to acknowledge it. The writing was on the wall revealed itself many years ago that control in this country was but an illusion. It's a failed state of failed states.

• Like 1

I'm also 100% positive that the CIA helped put Hitler in office too. I know that any and all governments come at this with unclean hands but to suggest that the US is secretly funding these people intentionally to go into Syria and remove Maliki is complete lunacy. The costs simply outweigh the benefits.

There was no CIA at that time. I don't find any of this worth joking about. Why do you?

I honestly do not believe that the costs outweigh the benefits. You have no idea what the real costs are and what the real benefits are, nor do I. I don't know what they have planned.

but the more I read, the more I watch, the more I believe that the CIA, and I will add, the ISIL-funding Saudis, are behind the terrorists organization that we are now supposed to fear. Few no longer fear Al Qaeda. So a new "terrorist" organization, most likely trained by the same organization with newly-known funding (saudis, the 9-11 funders), seems to be the biggest thing we are told to fear now.

Things are seldom as they seem. They are more seldom what we are told.

But we DO know what we are SUPPOSED to believe, and that is passed on to us via mainstream media. That is all we know for sure, what we are supposed to believe.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

Hi Reg, that poster admitted the CIA/Hitler thing was sarcasm.

You're the third to take him to task so I guess he hid it a little too good

Who says that “these kids” don’t know how to handle this equipment? How difficult was it to train the Mujahideen? ISIS has financial backing. That would also include a payroll for technical experts (mercenaries). The backing would also provide a front for funneling in equipment and arms off the black market. I bet it wouldn’t take you too long to be trained on how to handle the stinger. BTW, the term is captured and not stole.

Hello!? And how do you know this is not a feint? That is the question I ask. If it is, it will accomplish 2 things. Draw us into the hornet’s den and draw attention away from Baghdad.

We were in the situation to help if we had stayed. In fact if we hadn’t created that vacuum so quickly, ISIS would have never been. But before you go off, yes, we could have stayed out in the first place but then there would have been an Iranian backed Shiite version of ISIS but equipped with nukes. There is this Islamic grassroots movement going on. We just don’t know the final form but it isn’t going to be good for 3/4s of the planet. By staying in Iraq for several generations would have given us the initiative to control that movement. We’ve lost that initiative and I don’t think we can get it back anytime soon.

That’s a distraction. It is meant to goad us. To make us react to them. Tactically, that is a very bad place to be. We’re being led around like a bull with a ring in his nose.

And what happens when they are no longer threats? Wouldn’t it have been better to prevent those threats in the first place? People will learn that creating a vacuum, retreating, and not protecting the borders causes more threats than continuing an occupation or having a military 2nd to none (which we don’t have).

Because we are weak now. We are having to rely on technology. When you overly boast about your technological superiority indicates that you have a weak military. We use to spend more than the next 25 nations did on defense. Now our military is gutted. All the top officers have been fired. Platforms are being retired. No new R&D for future replacements. This is nothing more than a Stalin-like purge. And it will hurt us badly. Especially if Russia and China decide to push the envelope more. What’s to stop them? A paper tiger? Sanctions? Threats? Red lines? The only thing that stops this is speaking softly and carry a big stick. You need to combine technology with boots on the ground. That’s how you overwhelm an enemy(s).

That’s a bit rambling but well put. This is what poor leadership does. I saw through his character. I could have cared less what color he is. And that is their best defense, that we must be racists because we point out that this guy is a community organizing hack!?

And it’s not that he went golfing, all Presidents need distractions so they can think, but how you go about it tells people of their character. And we have a POTUS of poor character.

Definitely poor POTUS.. he indeed hacked our military however we have amazing special forces and military toys. I'm not 2 worried

your right Preacherman76! we didn't finish the job the first time. Countries need to make money and the only way is to have another war is to create problems and tell the Americans that there will be kaotic the country side IE. Weapons of Mass Destruction

I do not agree with the methods being used by this organisation but I have no problem with an islamic state being set up.

I do not agree with the methods being used by this organisation but I have no problem with an islamic state being set up.

Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Indonesia... all meet that criteria. The difference with IS is that they want a CALIPHATE. This term has very religious and all encompassing meanings. So far I have heard no reports of IS doing anything that cannot be found to have been done historically in Islamic groups/tribes/states. Beheading of anyone who is not of the same (Sunni) sect or ANY other religion, enslaving captives and subjugation of territories, none of that seems a little problematic to you?
  • Like 2

More and more, as ISIL threatens to target twitter employees, I believe that the CIA is involved in the success of the so-called terrorist group. I also more believe it is being funded by the Saudis, just like 9-11 was.

Twitter has a major part in influencing the movements of The People. It is given The People a power that can supercede our own government.

If you note, decentralization of power and influence has been a major trend. The CIA, long time ago found to be interested in mind control, established yet another group of terrorists. The People had no stomach for warring in Syria, so we didn't go to Syria. However, the USA being involved in a war in Syria was what the now-failing power-mongers, national and international, wanted. They also didn't not have a firm control of Meliki. So, handily, along comes a terrorist group that not only rids Iraq of Meliki, but also is involved in Syria.

I WILL NOT FEAR ISIL. I will not.

What I will do is call my multiple campaigning Congressmen and tell them that the CIA, NSA and other initial agencies are begging with their dubious actions for FAR less funding, less taxpayer dollars.

Oh the Saudis are putting up a fence between them and Iraq. Hmmmm! What is that about? really what is it about? Not what we are told it is about, but rather what the truth is.

Edited by regeneratia

ISIL was (and still is) using Twitter to recruit people to thier cause. When the accounts of ISIL members were deleted, they simply opened a new one under a different name and email address. ISIL leaders also demanded boots on the ground (soldiers to shoot at) because mechanized warfare (drones and airstrikes) scares them, deprives them of any glory, and stymies new recruitment. So on one hand they embrace technology, and on the other curse it. Can't have it both ways boys and girls.

Edited by Stardrive
  • Like 1

I find it very interesting that the President is scheduled to talk to the world during primetime here in America. With all sorts of entities running preparedness exercises today, couldn’t this speech wait until next week? Some wonder why this speech is happening now, just a day before 9/11?

How many will be listening? How many will be watching because they still hang on every word their savior utters? How many will be watching to see the spectacle and all the faux pas he will commit? Will they be watching because he’ll telegraph our plans to the enemy or what he’s not going to do? Will the Emperor show his phony portents? We’ll see a community hack play US President. Is he going to quote some poetry? Will this be a “Blessent mon cœur d'une langueur monotone” moment for ISIS to launch attacks within 24 hours in the West?

• Like 1

ridiculous... Obama is unimportant. Not everything bad in the world started happening when Obama showed up. I'd agree he's worthless... but no more so than every president since JFK. (imo)

I am kind of interested in what Obama is going to say.

Regardless of what he says, it will immediately be a no win situation for him in the short run. Sending more people to fight, ticks off the Liberal side. Letting ISIS get away with what they are doing, ticks off the Conservative side. I think he is leaning toward sending in more US military assets, but he has to have a good spin on it, and he'll have to have results fast, or his Liberal/Democrat Base is going to eat him alive and Senators and Congressmen who are running for election in the Fall will distance themselves, and/or possibly hurt their position by supporting him.

just my opinion....

• Like 1

I feel like he didnt say much... nothing he hasnt said before really. He says no boots on ground but we already have troops their.. special forces and "advisors" lol... and now you just had domestic terrorism today. Guy killed a 19year old kid. Also, CIA was mistaken and their is 3x the amount of ISIS members now.. 31,500.

...I WILL NOT FEAR ISIL. I will not.

Perhaps you need to take a trip to Syria/Iraq and meet some of them? You know, that 'personal knowledge' you've been talking about.

Disclaimer: I'm not serious about meeting those who would kill you on sight. I'm just pointing out that direct personal knowledge isn't always necessary to know something/someone is bad.

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 2

Perhaps you need to take a trip to Syria/Iraq and meet some of them? You know, that 'personal knowledge' you've been talking about.

Disclaimer: I'm not serious about meeting those who would kill you on sight. I'm just pointing out that direct personal knowledge isn't always necessary to know something/someone is bad.

But this is not the time to visit Syria. And it would cost an amount that i am unwilling to spend.

I think direct personal knowledge IS indeed necessary to accurately define people as good or bad. I am not a duelistic person, seldom defining things as either/or. I see people as people, all who travel the continuum of good and evil as a part of the very same thing. There is always some good in the bad, and some bad in the good. It is all a matter of perspective.

When people tellme I am a good person, I generally corrent them, telling them I run the full gamut, and avoid the extremes.

Everything we know about ISIL is reported to us from the mainstream media. I don't trust the mainstream media. People generally distrust the mainstream media these days, which is why they are going BROKE. for they have no more great number of customers. Again people have no stomach for purchasing lies.

(caps for emphasis only)

Edited by regeneratia

ISIS bans Maths and Social Studies

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/17/world/meast/syria-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Well of course they do, how is their brainwashing supposed to work if children are taught to add 2 and 2 or understand how societal relationships, structures and laws work for either the benefit or detriment of individuals and groups?

It beggars belief that the human ego can take itself to these extremes, but here we are. I am just nonplussed.

But this is not the time to visit Syria. And it would cost an amount that i am unwilling to spend.

I think direct personal knowledge IS indeed necessary to accurately define people as good or bad. I am not a duelistic person, seldom defining things as either/or. I see people as people, all who travel the continuum of good and evil as a part of the very same thing. There is always some good in the bad, and some bad in the good. It is all a matter of perspective.

When people tellme I am a good person, I generally corrent them, telling them I run the full gamut, and avoid the extremes.

Everything we know about ISIL is reported to us from the mainstream media. I don't trust the mainstream media. People generally distrust the mainstream media these days, which is why they are going BROKE. for they have no more great number of customers. Again people have no stomach for purchasing lies.

(caps for emphasis only)

ISIS won't care if you are good or bad. They will like you only if convert to Muslim and respect them. According to them you are "Infdel" as well as I and the others here.

• Like 1