Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cliff Richard's home searched...

seeder

Police are searching a Berkshire property belonging to Sir Cliff Richard in relation to an alleged historical sex offence.

No arrests have been made and Sir Cliff is not at the property. A police spokesman said the allegation involved a boy under 16 and dated from the 1980s in the South Yorkshire area.

The search is not connected to Operation Yewtree, police said, but officers from that operation have been notified.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28790718

Say it aint so!

Say it aint so!

My thoughts exactly. Surely not him of all people, good grief, whoever next are they going to point the finger at!

• Like 2

Is it just me or are all role models and people who lit up our lives just dirty old b*stards?

Is it just me or are all role models and people who lit up our lives just dirty old b*stards?

Only when proven guilty...

• Like 4

Well so far its just an allegation.. there are also the types who use the 'abuse' card for financial gain, as we saw with Jim Davidson (who wasnt charged in the end), so we shall have to wait it out for the facts. One thing tho, is that when things like this are publicised, it tends to encourage others, if there are, to pop out of the woodwork

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

I get the feeling that there are a lot of older "celebs" quaking in their boots now, just waiting to see who is next. Dirty G!ts!!

Apologies, only if proven Guilty.

Edited by keithisco

Ive just been doing some surfing on Cliff,

heres one - and I cannot say if its 100% true: Its from 2013

” I can confirm that documents seized under warrant by members of the Operation Fairbank police investigation team (now Operation Fernbridge) as evidence in the Elm Guest House paedophile scandal (1979-1982) allege that Cliff Richard, Pop Star and Actor, was a regular visitor to the guest house where the abuse of young boys trafficked in from local care homes took place.

As such Cliff Richard is likely to be a ‘person of interest’ to the police in regards to the Operation Fernbridge paedophile investigation.”

A list has appeared on the internet claiming to show the names of VIPs and politicians who visited Elm Guest House.

The list details Cliff Richard (who was allegedly known as Kitty) as being a regular at the house of filth.

Sir Cliff, 73, says he is tired of speculation about his sexuality, “What business is it of anyone else’s what any of us are as individuals? I don’t think my fans would care either way.”

That is right too if it doesn’t involve children, but he is known to have been a frequent visitor to the Elm Guest House where paedophiles ‘partied’ with young boys.

Richard is so afraid of the truth of his abuse of kids at the Elm Guest House that he has changed his nationality and is now a resident of Barbados, which has no extradition treaty with the United Kingdom. ( I hadnt heard of this nationality chnage - but Ive confirmed its true) A man has come forward to accuse Richard of abuse when he was just 10 years old.

http://thecolemanexp...tty-connection/

Edited by seeder

Cliff has now released a statement.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11034016/Cliff-Richards-home-being-searched-over-alleged-historic-sexual-offences.html

Edited by Still Waters
His statement can be viewed in the source link

Twitter users jump the gun again as they assume Cliff Richard's guilt following sex assault allegation raid

Despite not being charged by police, ‘Cliff Richard’ was mentioned in over 25,000 social media discussions on Thursday with much of the content proving libelous and presuming the pop star's guilt while also making light of sex offences in general.

A minority of users, disgusted by the nature of the comments directed at the singer, jumped to his defence.

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2014/08/14/twitter-users-jump-gun-again-they-assume-cliff-richards-guilt-following-sex-assault

Social media.

Social media didnt bring him to the police investigations, his alleged actions did. After saville and harris Im more open minded than ever

I really don't know what to think on this. There have been rumours galore for years and even more rumours since he was alleged to have been a frequent visitor to the Elm Guest House where it is alleged that young boys were procured from neighbouring Boys Homes for the 'enjoyment' of certain high profile paedophiles ....either way it's not looking great for Cliffy is it.

The world was shocked and horrified when good old Rolf Harris was accused of child sex abuse ...he wouldn't do that would he!? Errm yes he really did!!

Jimmy Savile would though ...because he looked and acted like a creep and everyone knew what he was doing but it was all hushed up ...incredible that isn't it?!

How could the Peter Pan of pop be guilty?

I'll watch with interest as this unfolds....lets face it, he has had plenty of warning to dispense of anything that might incriminate ...and the means to do so ...just sayin.

Could he have been hiding in plain sight for all these years along his good pal Jimmy ...or is he just guilty by association?

• Like 2

Police are searching a Berkshire property belonging to Sir Cliff Richard in relation to an alleged historical sex offence.

No arrests have been made and Sir Cliff is not at the property. A police spokesman said the allegation involved a boy under 16 and dated from the 1980s in the South Yorkshire area.

The search is not connected to Operation Yewtree, police said, but officers from that operation have been notified.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28790718

Say it aint so!

Shall we play a game?

Lets see if we can link all the recent convicted paedos, those accused of it and those cleared of it to Blackpool Football Club. I haven't said anything, just pointed out a strange link, so please dont remove the comment.

Social media didnt bring him to the police investigations, his alleged actions did. After saville and harris Im more open minded than ever

?

Social media encourages the s&&&storm of ignorant comments and judgements prior to any evidence appearing.

Shall we play a game?

Lets see if we can link all the recent convicted paedos, those accused of it and those cleared of it to Blackpool Football Club. I haven't said anything, just pointed out a strange link, so please dont remove the comment.

Are they all friends of Mr Oyston?

• Like 2

Yeah I am erring on the side of caution with this one, there seems to be a band wagon travelling around that people are using to attack celebrities, some as in the case of Saville, Rolf Harris, Ian Watkins and Stuart Hall for example have been proven correct in a court of law, but there are just as many that have been dismissed. We need to wait until the charges are laid on him and see the evidence presented in a court of law. Don't like Cliff Richards at all, but I wouldn't hang him for something he hasn't done if this is another hoaxer.

If he DID do what he is accused of, interfering with a boy under the age of 16 at a friggin Billy Graham Evangelical meeting....then he is royally and rightly screwed...

• Like 2

Yeah I am erring on the side of caution with this one, there seems to be a band wagon travelling around that people are using to attack celebrities,

15 minutes of fame is very important to some people. If you can add a lawsuit in there with it, even better. The question I have is, why do all these 'victims' wait so long to come forward?

• Like 1

15 minutes of fame is very important to some people. If you can add a lawsuit in there with it, even better. The question I have is, why do all these 'victims' wait so long to come forward?

Money most likely

Money most likely

Attitudes like this towards victims of sexual abuse are exactly the reason why people feel powerless and fearful, ignored and rubbished.

Can you imagine being so afraid of telling on someone who you saw as so powerful that you let the abuse continue rather than be told you were a liar/ gold digger / fantasist?

Sometimes all it takes is just one brave soul to take a stand and make an allegation for other victims to realise that they have a right to be heard.

I hope to god it never happens to you. :(

• Like 3

Sometimes all it takes is just one brave soul to take a stand and make an allegation for other victims to realise that they have a right to be heard.

And on that note, apparently more HAVE come forward now

"Since the search took place a number of people have contacted the police to provide information and we must acknowledge that the media played a part in that, for which we are grateful."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/police-contacted-by-more-people-after-sir-cliff-richards-home-searched-9672225.html

Can you imagine being so afraid of telling on someone who you saw as so powerful

no. i can't.

but then again, i've spent 30yrs hitting lumps of steel with hammers....

• Like 1

The trouble is once a story like this gets out the first thing you get are people bad mouthing him even before anything is confirmed. His name gets dragged through the mud, the media have a field day and his reputation is in tatters. Even if he's not found guilty this will leave a life long mark against him.

If he is found guilty then so be it, it'll be a massive shock as far as I'm concerned but he'll deserve what he gets. I really hope he is telling the truth though when he says he's innocent.

• Like 3

My thoughts exactly. Surely not him of all people, good grief, whoever next are they going to point the finger at!

Notice how the press were tipped off and Cliff wasn't?

Regardless of whether he's guilty or not, MUD STICKS.

And if two or three people join the allegation, he's toast.

I'm always very sceptical of allegations made decades after the event-and that includes the Rolf Harris case.

• Like 2

The police are no happy with the Media, the BBC have been told of because they reavlled the news about the investigation before the police making a statement