Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bonobo monkeys feel empathy too

FollowTheTrail

''Though empathy is something generally shared among humans, it is still up for debate whether or not other animals share this trait, and to what extent. Results of a new study indicate that bonobo monkeys have very similar empathetic capabilities to humans...''

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/8551/20140814/bonobo-monkeys-feel-empathy-too.htm

Though I understand that science needs quantifiable data in order to make any kind of statement, those of us who have dogs or horses already know that at least some animals feel empathy.

• Like 1

Though I understand that science needs quantifiable data in order to make any kind of statement, those of us who have dogs or horses already know that at least some animals feel empathy.

Animals have feelings just like us, humans, that's for sure. However, in my view i think that what scientists want to prove on this issue is how animals react (Bonobo monkeys in this case), when they're feeling empathy. I believe that's what this study is all about!

Bonobos are apes not monkeys and closely related to humans, so it's not surprising they have humane like empathy. personally i believe all higher animals capable of empathy.