Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Acre-sized UFO

Sweetpumper

Close encounter with acre-sized UFO leaves three Missouri witnesses baffled

Three Joplin, MO, UFO witnesses are speaking out on the July 8, 2014, sighting where the object was originally reported as “bigger than a house,” according to Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) Missouri Assistant State Director Margie Kay and STAR Team Investigator Larry Jordan.

Kay and Jordan examined sites on July 13 where three credible witnesses saw a UFO and had strange experiences.

From Kay’s report issued today:

http://www.openminds.tv/close-encounter-acre-sized-ufo-leaves-three-missouri-witnesses-baffled/29494

• "The article contains information about UFOs 'n stuff. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such."
  • "Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Sweetpumper does not represent, warrant, undertake or guarantee ... that the information in the newsletter is correct, accurate, complete or non-misleading."
  • "Sweetpumper will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage."
  • "If a section of this disclaimer is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other sections of this disclaimer continue in effect."

• Like 2

There has to be more than 3 witnesses to an object of that size and that low surely? I guess none of them had a phone on them to take a photo either?

• Like 1

UFO reports without corroborating evidence of any kind are like cotton candy; sweet and without substance.

• Like 2

Even with evidence it really doesn't matter these days.

Any picture is considered fake.

Any video footage is considered Cgi

Any alleged implant can't be proven to be of an et origin

Any experience is considered mental illness

Any sightings are considered misidentification.

Nothing short of aliens landing on the front lawn will change most skeptics minds.

• Like 1

Nothing short of aliens landing on the front lawn will change most skeptics minds.

I feel your hatred. Now, what do you consider to be "fully believeble evidence" that's being dismissed by meanie skeptics?

Because photos and videos are usually taken to labs, actually anybody can do it at home if you know what are you doing (To spot something fake).

About implants, I haven't see any implant so far that has been labeled as "ET origin" by scientists. I bet most scientist could be really interested in something that has such origin.

Experience is just that, words. You need some sort of "backup" otherwise it's just like that fairy tale about the little boy and the wolves and sightings are the big grey area where any kind of misinterpretation can happen.

So, I ask you again, what do you consider "undeniable" evidence of ET presence/visitation on Earth?

• Like 3

I guess none of them had a phone on them to take a photo either?

That's not what immediately crosses your mind when you encounter something like that. Any photo would simply be dismissed anyway.

There has to be more than 3 witnesses to an object of that size and that low surely? I guess none of them had a phone on them to take a photo either?

It'd just be out of focus anyway.

• Like 2

It'd just be out of focus anyway.

See? No photo and it's been dismissed. There's no need to bother taking them anymore.

I feel your hatred. Now, what do you consider to be "fully believeble evidence" that's being dismissed by meanie skeptics?

Because photos and videos are usually taken to labs, actually anybody can do it at home if you know what are you doing (To spot something fake).

About implants, I haven't see any implant so far that has been labeled as "ET origin" by scientists. I bet most scientist could be really interested in something that has such origin.

Experience is just that, words. You need some sort of "backup" otherwise it's just like that fairy tale about the little boy and the wolves and sightings are the big grey area where any kind of misinterpretation can happen.

So, I ask you again, what do you consider "undeniable" evidence of ET presence/visitation on Earth?

There is no single case or piece of evidence that can prove the existence without a shadow of a doubt.

I don't see how you could without actually showing people a live alien.

It's more like a collection of all the evidence combined.

There just comes a point when you've heard and seen so much that you can no longer dismiss it.

A lot of the information is subjective.

For example some people might see the photos of structures on the moon as evidence and others might see rocks.

Ok, collection.

So, let's say you can have a collection of 10 things that prove in some sort of way, the presence and visitation of ETs. What would it include?

The collection would also be subjective to the person studying it. My top 10 cases might be completely different than another person's.

What would my personal compelling collection of cases be? I would have to think about that I'm not sure exactly what I would include.

That's not what immediately crosses your mind when you encounter something like that. Any photo would simply be dismissed anyway.

I disagree, if a clear photo is taken of a UFO that is supposedly flying low enough to tell that it is bigger than a house I would personally be impressed.

• Like 2

I disagree, if a clear photo is taken of a UFO that is supposedly flying low enough to tell that it is bigger than a house I would personally be impressed.

We'll have to find one first.

We'll have to find one first.

Indeed we will, it's a shame however that none of the three individuals involved in this sighting were unable to snap a single shot of the UFO as it appeared to me from the article that there was plenty of time to do so.

Ok, the list is incomplete but with the points you mentioned you are correct.

Thats correct as well. I wanna see someting like the object in the picture below. The object must

be big, dirty, must have scratches and dents on the fuselage, it must be heat emitting and noisy,

it must produce seismic effects within a radius of at least 1000 feet and it must make the clouds

above it vanishing even at an altitude at 10.000feet , it must be frightening and it must create

the impression of its total and incontestable predominance just by its presence. You know, I`m tired

about the millions of pic/clips showing some jumping little dots or whatever in a Bobbycar like fashion,

thats for pussys.

Nostromo_Landing_zpsfe3c6c7f.jpg

• Like 3

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

• Like 5

JUst baby stuff compared to Texas sized Star Ship`s ! We get-em the size of Texas Stadium ! :tu:

If it was an experimental craft by the US military, Why hover or land in a populated area with 50,000+ people?

9 bodies and a wrecked ship.

I must be tired, I totally read that as "9 boobies" and I was like, I don't even care what happened to the 10th!

• Like 1

That's not what immediately crosses your mind when you encounter something like that.

In a country that obsesses with selfies and taking food of their lunch to post on the internet?

How about here in Japan, where 9 out of 10 people carry cameras (not smartphones) and take pictures of everything from flowers to buildings to trains? I find it telling that in a place where people are really, really good at taking good pictures, you get very, very few UFO claims, comparatively speaking.

Any photo would simply be dismissed anyway.

Depends on the claim. If the person presents a picture or video of a point of light on a black background and fervently claims it is proof of alien visitation, sure, it is totally dismissed. If someone mentions in a casual conversation they saw something weird last night and show you the same clip, and shrugs when you ask him what it was, it is accepted as evidence that he saw something he couldn't identify. Normal evidence for a normal claim.

9 bodies and a wrecked ship.

Ultimately, yeah. Zoology has the somewhat unique requirement of having a corpus delecti. No amount of photos or videos are going to overcome that.

• Like 1

Yeah, the last thing I thought about was going to look for a camera. Back then my camera phone wouldn't have taken a good pic at all anyway. A pic would have been a glint and after it moved, it would have been a guaranteed blur. A very big blur, but a blur none the less. Very dismissible, so pics wouldn't have mattered.

A slow moving, football field sized triangle? I don't know why there are no pics but I've never witnessed one either, so I couldn't tell you why.

Now now!.... lets not kid ourselves here.

Chances are... you'd still label it a fake :-*

The real thing could bite some of you on the bottom in here... and you'd still be SCREAMING for more evidence ;)

Now now!.... lets not kid ourselves here.

Chances are... you'd still label it a fake :-*

The real thing could bite some of you on the bottom in here... and you'd still be SCREAMING for more evidence ;)

You Hobbits always say that, but it's not true.

Irrefutable proof is that which cannot be rationally denied. We're rational people, when the irrefutable turns up we'll be the firt to say "well there you go, we were wrong". Something I must add, few on your side of the fence ever say.

• Like 2