Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I know what I saw

preacherman76

Hey UMers. As many here know, Ive claimed in the past that I witnesses a UFO. A small saucer shaped craft, back in the early 90's. That sighting, along with my mother and sisters sighting of the famous hudson valley boomerang in the early 80's is what brought me to this site back in 07 I believe. Its my claim that I and 3 other people not only saw this craft, but watched it for a good half hour. That at one point it even seemed to notice us, and decended so close to us where I became fearfull, and nearly ran away. Skeptics, for the most part, havent out right called me crazy or anything like that. In fact Ive been told that they believe that I believe I really saw it. Its just that I was mistaken as to what it actually was. I think people have been less agressive tward my story then they have others, cause I make no claim as to knowing its origin. I have no idea where it came from, who was flying it ect ect.

This night I will never forget. Its still as profound to me today as it was all those years ago. So my question is, how could you question (not you as in just the folks on this site, but nearly everyone I ever told the story to, including my wife) believe I was mistaken? I think Id rather be told I was out right lieing about it, then be told I didnt really understand or was mistaken about what we saw that night. There was no way to mistake what we saw. It was just to in your face, for a long period of time to not fully grasp that we saw. How could it have been anything other then what we claimed? If of course you dont think we were all crazy, or lieing.

• Like 6

Well, how dark was it? What time? Did it have lights? What kind? Do you remember those details? I think details are important.

Well, how dark was it? What time? Did it have lights? What kind? Do you remember those details? I think details are important.

It was about 1 am. clear night. It had 4 different lights. Solid, not blinking. Even at its highest point, it was clearly a saucer shaped silent craft. But when it decended it left no room for any doubt. I probably could have hit it with a rock it got so close.

• Like 1

There was no way to mistake what we saw.

I'm with you. I saw what I saw, but couldn't tell you what it actually was. That's the mystery.

• Like 3

Can you make a drawing of it, scan it and upload it here? You said it was clearly a saucer shaped craft, now, in my mind when someone said "saucer" I imagine a bunch of different configurations so maybe to illustrate the story, maybe you could do that.

Anyway, in relation with your post towards skeptics, you may ask why are we here if we don't believe, well the thing is, we're quite like Fox Mulder: we want to believe, but there are so much BS out-there that makes really difficult for us to grasp the idea that aliens are coming and leaving and everybody see them but not us! who are quite interested in doing it. I have done sky-watching, night sky watching, I've travelled to places where according to locals you can see UFOs every night" and nothing. So sorry for being this way, but I believe that extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence.

Edited by MrBene
  • Like 1

Hey UMers. As many here know, Ive claimed in the past that I witnesses a UFO. A small saucer shaped craft, back in the early 90's. That sighting, along with my mother and sisters sighting of the famous hudson valley boomerang in the early 80's is what brought me to this site back in 07 I believe. Its my claim that I and 3 other people not only saw this craft, but watched it for a good half hour. That at one point it even seemed to notice us, and decended so close to us where I became fearfull, and nearly ran away. Skeptics, for the most part, havent out right called me crazy or anything like that. In fact Ive been told that they believe that I believe I really saw it. Its just that I was mistaken as to what it actually was. I think people have been less agressive tward my story then they have others, cause I make no claim as to knowing its origin. I have no idea where it came from, who was flying it ect ect.

This night I will never forget. Its still as profound to me today as it was all those years ago. So my question is, how could you question (not you as in just the folks on this site, but nearly everyone I ever told the story to, including my wife) believe I was mistaken? I think Id rather be told I was out right lieing about it, then be told I didnt really understand or was mistaken about what we saw that night. There was no way to mistake what we saw. It was just to in your face, for a long period of time to not fully grasp that we saw. How could it have been anything other then what we claimed? If of course you dont think we were all crazy, or lieing.

I had the same argument with people on this site about the Phoenix lights and the witnesses who say it was one giant craft hovering right above their house. Why do people give no credibility to these first hand witnesses?

I simply finished my argument by stating that if you confuse a mile wild stationary triangular object with flares or a squad of jets than you are a complete and utter moron. However some people just think witnesses are morons and misidentified a mile wide craft from 100 ft away.

I believe you.

Edited by NocturnalWatcher
  • Like 5

Why do people give no credibility to these first hand witnesses?

Because honest, intelligent people have a phenomenal ability to trick themselves into seeing what they want to see.

In 1979 the Blijdorp Zoo in Holland was opening a new exhibit featuring a panda bear cub, when the panda escaped. The local newspaper was called, and it was requested that anyone who had seen the cub should call a certain phone number. Two hours before the newspaper hit the stands, they found the body of the panda bear cub: it had been hit by a train right behind the zoo. Now here’s the amazing part: in the two days it took the newspaper to update the story, the zoo received over ONE THOUSAND PHONE CALLS from people as far as 70 miles away who had seen the panda bear cub, even though it was already confirmed that the cub was dead and never left the zoo.

In the 1950’s during an Air Show a plane blew up killing a number of people. Now, there were over 100,000 people there who saw this happen, as well as cameras. The people were asked to write in what they saw. Out of the couple thousand that wrote in lest then 6 were congruent with what was on the videos that showed the crash.

Do you remember the leprechaun sighting hoax from Mobile, Alabama? Where hundreds of people said they saw a leprechaun, only it came out that a few people made it up to see how far it would go.

That pretty much tells you how unreliable eyewitnesses can be.

• Like 5

Do you remember the leprechaun sighting hoax from Mobile, Alabama? Where hundreds of people said they saw a leprechaun, only it came out that a few people made it up to see how far it would go.

Your comment remind me this. It was huge news in my country.

Did you experience any missing time?

• Like 1

If you know what you saw it wouldn't be a UFO right?

• Like 3

I wouldn't have ran...i don't think they are harming ppl.

If you know what you saw it wouldn't be a UFO right?

Metal sphere the size of a mini-van. It's still a UFO to me.

That's not even considering its maneuverability.

I have seen 2 ufos in my life.frist one was back in the 90s on the north shore of Long Island it was a hot spot,

It was moveing left to right and up and down in a matter of seconds I was with my g/f she saw it and other people saw it.

Then I saw one summer of 2012 I looked up I saw this orange ball glowing and it was glowing and it went bright and then it vanished

I work in an area where incidents occur and which have to be adequately documented in order for others to examine what happened and, if possible, how to prevent them from happening again. The key is to get as much down in writing as soon as possible because human memory does not work like a video recording - it is prone to confabulate. It's a natural thing and people are capable of developing powerful and detailed memories of things that never happened (look into the Satanic Ritual Abuse scare of the late 80s and early 90s)...

What is the first thing that you ever wrote down about the incident and how long after the incident did you write it? Same questions would apply to the three other witnesses...

Mine was an illuminated disk shaped object. I have absolutely no idea what I saw...and I wasn't alone when I saw it. None of us could identify it.

• Like 2

It was 2011 on a warm summer evening when we took our regular leisurely walk.

I was thinking what a clear night it was, when I noticed 3 round bright lights that were very high up in the night sky.

At first they were slowly moving in unison....one behind the other.

Then one of them separated from the other two at an enormous speed and then stopped and stayed motionless.

The other two stayed close together for a while...until one of them also shot off at an astounding speed, and then also suddenly stopped and remained motionless.

After this, the three lights seemed to be at a huge distance from each other, while all seemed to remain in a hovering state.

Suddenly, the first one that broke away from the other two earlier, sped off and simply vanished.....followed quickly by the other two that also disappeared.

Btw, all of this lasted between 6-8 minutes. Two other cars also pulled up on the side of the road to watch this.

There was no sound coming from these moving lights. It was like they were playing with each other....there was a definate intelligence of sorts going on with these lights.

Sorry people, no camera at hand at the time.....and nooo! I have no idea what they were.....but I and others know that we saw something very unusual on that warm evening.

• Like 4

Hi, nice to meet you. I'm currently writing an ebook on the subject and there's hundreds of similar and much more bizarre sightings like your own. I happen to have deduced that these are biological entities that evolved here on earth. Something that evolved with all-the-way-through trachea tube adaptations....insect like holes that allow air in, extract oxygen and expel carbon dioxide in a one-way system. Ultra rapid muscle contraction leads to micro-jet propulsion, ultrasound and cavitation...the last effect is new physics of mini nuclear fusion which provides extra energy including light...

It's received a good reception from ufologists that I spoken to about it. You'll have to wait until my ebook is available..

I forgot to mention that the radioactivity from cavitation would result in self-induced gene mutations resulting in a new and rapid form of evolution.

I once seen a tiny, star-like light going to the west (or thereabouts) with another light behind it. The following light then moved alongside the lead light.

First time I was able to see a satellite's solar panel move. Neat thing to see.

• Like 1

Hi, nice to meet you. I'm currently writing an ebook on the subject and there's hundreds of similar and much more bizarre sightings like your own. I happen to have deduced that these are biological entities that evolved here on earth. Something that evolved with all-the-way-through trachea tube adaptations....insect like holes that allow air in, extract oxygen and expel carbon dioxide in a one-way system. Ultra rapid muscle contraction leads to micro-jet propulsion, ultrasound and cavitation...the last effect is new physics of mini nuclear fusion which provides extra energy including light...

It's received a good reception from ufologists that I spoken to about it. You'll have to wait until my ebook is available..

Hey crypto, nice to meet you as well. Thats a interesting theory. Ive pondered the possiblity that there may be a advance species originating on this planet as well. From under the oceans. There are as many USO stories as there are UFO story's I lean twards them being extra dementional though. Spiritual beings if you will.

Obviously no one is ever going to convince you that you didn't see what you say you saw.

But I would simply challenge you to do some reading on human perception and how our minds construct reality.

• Like 3

Can you make a drawing of it, scan it and upload it here? You said it was clearly a saucer shaped craft, now, in my mind when someone said "saucer" I imagine a bunch of different configurations so maybe to illustrate the story, maybe you could do that.

Anyway, in relation with your post towards skeptics, you may ask why are we here if we don't believe, well the thing is, we're quite like Fox Mulder: we want to believe, but there are so much BS out-there that makes really difficult for us to grasp the idea that aliens are coming and leaving and everybody see them but not us! who are quite interested in doing it. I have done sky-watching, night sky watching, I've travelled to places where according to locals you can see UFOs every night" and nothing. So sorry for being this way, but I believe that extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence.

Before that night, I had very little interest in UFO's. Since that night, I watch the sky every chance I get. For years, every distant plane, helicoptor, satellite ive seen, I take a good look. But I havent seen anything since. Well accept a black triangle plane with a strong white strobe light in the center. But even though its not known by the public, it was about a 98% chance its US military. So if I hadnt had the priviledge of seeing that small UFO, Id be in the same boat as you.

Edited by preacherman76

Everyone has seen something they can't identify. If I could identify everything I saw, I would be the winner of "what is this widget" pics in my local paper every single week. How anyone manages to suggest or elude to aliens from the word UFO I'll never know. Stories are not worth a dime a dozen these days, rather they just become fun tales to tell and listen to.

• Like 1

Everyone has seen something they can't identify.

Not me. I just explained, in my previous post what I saw. :yes:

Edited by Ryu