Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Body Camera's for all cops.

supervike

I think all cops should wear cameras during all arrests, traffic stops, anything where they are dealing with the public or out in public. If its not working when making an arrest and something happens then the officers word should be questioned. If his/her camera not working gets to be a habit fire them. Things do fail to work sometimes.

I was told body cameras were close to $1000 each. That could get expensive for a police dept but I think they are necessary.

I don't mind police departments getting some military equipment but I think there should be some regulations on when they can use it. You don't bring out a swat team to arrest someone over credit card fraud. A swat team should be reserved for a active bank robbery, hostage or terrorist situation. I guess they don't get enough of those type crimes so they want to use it at times when they shouldn't. I don't know.

• Like 1

I was told body cameras were close to $1000 each. That could get expensive for a police dept but I think they are necessary.

Only if the government is buying them. You can get a helmet cam for $25. I know cops who have bought cameras for their own protection so there is no question as to what happens.

• Like 1

It seems to me that if the Pentagon wants so badly to help out local police authorities, they would buy them the fairly cheap body camera systems which can help so much to find truth and justice.

Instead, they distribute MRAPS and the like which really are counterproductive to good domestic law enforcement.

You mean as in Truth and Justice and the American way?

• Like 1

I think if they are having trouble trying to justify cost for cameras they are not thinking about the possible revenue gain from television shows like cops.