Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Facekinis getting global attention

bubblykiss

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2014-08/15/content_18345569.htm

To avoid getting a tan, retired women in Qingdao wear full-face masks known as "facekinis" while at the beach. Now this bizarre trend is getting global attention because it recently got a high-fashion makeover, foreign media reported.

A set of photos published in the French fashion magazine CR Fashion has caught the keen eyes of fashionistas around the world. They look like regular swimsuit photos, except the models are wearing "facekinis."

*Snip*

Pragmatism meets fashion meet jellyfish. The world is a changing place.

And yet, I feel conflicted about seeing women wearing ski masks to the beach....like a massive display of a witness protection plan outing to the ocean....just odd.

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bubblykiss

• Stubbly_Dooright

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Facekinis my butt. Their full on head masks! Even though, I understand the desire to not get burned, *I have had sunburns so bad, I had blisters on my back!* I think they look kind of creepy. When does it get does it get fashionable to wear all over the place?

To be fair, they also address jellyfish attacks and the crippling social awkwardness of being female, in China, at a beach.

Jokes asides, they have their virtues...but also, they are still, fundamentally disturbing.

Edited by bubblykiss