Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

25 years of UFO sightings in Canada

some new guy

In Canada, Winnipeg’s Ufology Research began collecting data in 1989, and recently released a report related to the documentation. They have now compiled 25 years of UFO documentation related to sightings and eye witness observations. The group has documented almost 15,000 sightings since 1989 in Canada.

http://www.ecanadanow.com/science/2014/08/17/25-years-of-ufo-sightings-in-canada-revealed-in-new-report/

BEST - Ron

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If there was ever a real UFO over a city like Toronto there would be thousands of witnesses not just one or two. So 14,000 sightings over 25 years just shows that they were just misidentified objects.

Only 441 human contacts including abductions? Why would ET overwhelmingly prefer their neighbours in the USA?

• Like 1

Canadian witness says ‘massive UFO’ near Fort Erie cloaked itself

Posted by: Roger Marsh August 14, 2014 6 Comments 12,112 Views

An Ontario, Canada, witness at Fort Erie reported watching a “massive-sized triangle UFO” that appeared to cloak itself before moving away beginning about 10:10 p.m. on August 13, 2014, according to testimony in Case 58918 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

The witness first noticed a series of three meteors moving overhead on a “crystal clear night” beginning about 9:30 p.m. between his home and his girlfriend’s home. Arriving at his girlfriend’s home, he spoke to a neighbor who had also witnessed the meteors.

http://www.openminds.tv/canadian-witness-says-massive-ufo-near-fort-erie-cloaked/29531

Canadian witness says ‘massive UFO’ near Fort Erie cloaked itself

Posted by: Roger Marsh August 14, 2014 6 Comments 12,112 Views

An Ontario, Canada, witness at Fort Erie reported watching a “massive-sized triangle UFO” that appeared to cloak itself before moving away beginning about 10:10 p.m. on August 13, 2014, according to testimony in Case 58918 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

The witness first noticed a series of three meteors moving overhead on a “crystal clear night” beginning about 9:30 p.m. between his home and his girlfriend’s home. Arriving at his girlfriend’s home, he spoke to a neighbor who had also witnessed the meteors.

http://www.openminds...e-cloaked/29531

These triangle sightings intrigue me. I discount the reports of high speed because people are easily confused at night re. speed but wonder if it is some kind of dirigible like vehicle used for stealthy reconnaissance.

Researchers of the Canadian Ufology Research Of Manitoba such as Chris Rutkowski are doing a heck of a job compiling the data, whether or not we 'consider' them to be any kind natural or in some cases extraterrestrial phenomenon. And the man simply can't be dismissed on his credential, with his background in astronomy, former president of the Winnipeg Centre of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, science writing and as a Public Information Officer for the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If there was ever a real UFO over a city like Toronto there would be thousands of witnesses not just one or two. So 14,000 sightings over 25 years just shows that they were just misidentified objects.

What do you mean by ''real'' UFO? Any kind of flying object that cannot be identified at the moment of the sighting, is by definition, a UFO until a likely explanation can be found.

That said, unless a chain of event make it happen, I doubt thousands of people will suddenly go outside and watch the sky at the same time to spot a UFO. Such a chain of event did occur in Montréal, 1990 at place Bonne Aventure where the UFO has been spotted for about 3 hours between 7:20 to 10:10 (see: http://psican.org/al...e-Incident.html). Everyone from the RCMP and local journalists were able to see it and take pictures. The military and NASA were then informed. This case is in this new 25 years database, no doubt.

That's the thing, very rarely does a UFO is reported as appearing for hours on end but rather briefly until it disappear as quick as it came. Therefore only the persons watching at this particular point in the sky at that particular moment might see it. Then again these people have to come out and report the sighting, otherwise there is no way for us to know about it.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

Every single report?

Talk aboot devoted, eh?

...I-I'll stop now.

Definitely a labour of love compiling that research!

I think some sightings are attributable to top secret aircraft testing. Canada, with vast expanses of wilderness and areas of sparse population make it perfect for it.

As an impartial observer I have to say, there are just as many that are truly unexplained....

If one were to count the amount of ufo sightings since it was first reported im sure the number would be in millions. You can laugh when someone tells you they've seen a ufo, but when there are millions of people who have reported seeing ufos you simply cannot ignore it. Sure some of the cases have been misidentfied, but have they ALL been misdentified? Well it's highly improbable. In probability, out of millions of the cases, atleast ONE of them have to be a legitimate case, and really all it takes is one real ufo sighting to prove that we're not alone. Why is it so faking hard to understand? If you had any idea how big the universe is and any imagination at all you wouldn't think that we're all alone in this vastness of infinitely expending universe with trillions and trillions of galaxies just like ours. Can you seriously be this ignorant??

Edited by dbrokerr

If one were to count the amount of ufo sightings since it was first reported im sure the number would be in millions. You can laugh when someone tells you they've seen a ufo, but when there are millions of people who have reported seeing ufos you simply cannot ignore it. Sure some of the cases have been misidentfied, but have they ALL been misdentified? Well it's highly improbable. In probability, out of millions of the cases, atleast ONE of them have to be a legitimate case, and really all it takes is one real ufo sighting to prove that we're not alone. Why is it so faking hard to understand? If you had any idea how big the universe is and any imagination at all you wouldn't think that we're all alone in this vastness of infinitely expending universe with trillions and trillions of galaxies just like ours. Can you seriously be this ignorant??

Well lets make millions, thousands and then you tell me how that proves ETs are visiting earth. Let's remember that one of the biggest sightings involved a couple thousand in Phoenix and it turned out to be flares from aircraft training on a range.

Edited by Merc14

In probability, out of millions of the cases, atleast ONE of them have to be a legitimate case, and really all it takes is one real ufo sighting to prove that we're not alone.

probablilty and proof are 2 completely different things

and a UFO (a REAL UFO) doesn't prove that we're not alone, it proves someone saw a flying object they cant identify

BEST - Ron