Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Armed Men Attack Ebola Clinic In Liberia

susieice

Armed men attacked an ebola clinic 2 days after it opened. 17 patients fled and are missing along with caregivers.

http://cir.ca/news/a...campaign=buffer

People looted the clinic taking items that were likely infected.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-armed-men-attack-liberia-ebola-clinic-freeing-patients/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Well now, that will help contain the epidemic....by having infected people out and about......

• Like 5

This part is just.....

A mob of young men armed with clubs raided an Ebola clinic in Monrovia, stealing bedsheets and claiming that the virus is a government hoax is get money. Nurses and at least 17 of the clinic's 29 patients fled the quarantined area which had been set up in a high school.

• Like 1

Sorry bubblykiss. I think I posted another link while you were posting but the thread remains the same. This certainly will go far in containing the disease. How can anyone help people like that?

• Like 1

They say you can't fix stupid but in this case I think they'd be wrong. THIS brand of stupid will die out shortly. Idiots.

• Like 7

And this is how the world ends - because of STUPIDITY.

• Like 4

And this is how the world ends - because of STUPIDITY.

Fear, denial, and stupidity. I wouldn't be so hard on them. We even have people here in the US that believe faith and prayer alone will cure something like ebola. It's not like ignorance is a trait exclusive to Africa.

I would imagine that the anti-vaccine hysteria we currently have here will result in more deaths than this Ebola outbreak in Africa.

• Like 1

http://news.kron4.co...ola-serum-dies/

Posted this in the other thread. The 2 Americans who got the serum are still alive. It was also given to a Spanish priest. He didn't make it. The serum may not work all the time. It's just now being tried on humans. It will take time to see how effective it is. Liberia has requested the drug be sent there.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/health/ebola-outbreak/

Edited by susieice

I gotta say, I have been watching and commenting on this on other sites and my mind is officially blown by this.

I had been pretty skeptical of the "doom tards" and the level of threat this presented. Up till now, the overall infection rate was pretty small in comparison to the huge population numbers...I think that is about to change.

Here is a scary thought for you...

I suspect the virus will now start showing up all over the place.

With contaminated "loot", it's hard to tell how many hands will touch it...knowingly or unknowingly. From my understanding, the virus can live for several days outside a body...on clothes, bedding, walls, etc.

There are still the 17 missing patients. I heard on another site they may have found them, but no verification...so...not going to count on that one just yet.

There is little to no sanitation in West Point Liberia. They sh!t on the beach. If someone that is infected takes a dump and scurries off into the shadows...the next person stooping to pinch one off gets near the infected pile... a little water spray on there bare @ss and...voila...a potential new victim.

This has the possibilitiy to explode I think...and I was skeptical of the threat earlier.

I would not be surprised if ISIS plans on getting their hands on some of those infected goodies. Infect some Jihadists...send them to South America before symptoms become obvious. Hook them up with Coyotes in Central America and ship them into the states through Mexico. What a swath of damage that could cause.

This almost sounds like a plot for a movie...and I am really not that smart. I am sure some devout Jihadist has already thought about this.

Just think, ISIS is sitting on billions of dollars now...they could send a message down Africa way that you will pay top money for infected clothes, sheets and medical supplies...the Liberians are super poor...they would risk it to get the money to their families.

This wreaks of a planned set up to me.

But then...I have that kind of mind sometimes.

• Like 2

Shame that they are going to live long enough to regret their actions and make other innocent people who have contact with them regret knowing them too. Yup it's round 3 of the Darwin Awards in full swing.

• Like 2

Shame that they are going to live long enough to regret their actions and make other innocent people who have contact with them regret knowing them too. Yup it's round 3 of the Darwin Awards in full swing.

How about it!! There's 50,000 people in the West Point slum alone. The Government can't empty it now. That virus will spread everywhere those people go.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

This part is just.....

A mob of young men armed with clubs raided an Ebola clinic in Monrovia, stealing bedsheets and claiming that the virus is a government hoax is get money. Nurses and at least 17 of the clinic's 29 patients fled the quarantined area which had been set up in a high school.

Guess they're going to find out if their hypothesis is correct.
  • Like 1

Are we officially living in The New Dark Ages yet, or is that just according to media, NGO and governmental accounts?

• Like 1

Are we officially living in The New Dark Ages yet, or is that just according to media, NGO and governmental accounts?

Some people have yet to come out of the Dark Ages.

• Like 4

I can't imagine what possessed them to steal bloody sheets and mattresses. That's nasty.

I'm afraid this outbreak is going to go on so long that it becomes airborne like the flu.

I wonder how long it will be before medical workers decide trying to help battle this disease isn't worth the risk to their own life and they stop volunteering.

I gotta say, I have been watching and commenting on this on other sites and my mind is officially blown by this.

I had been pretty skeptical of the "doom tards" and the level of threat this presented. Up till now, the overall infection rate was pretty small in comparison to the huge population numbers...I think that is about to change.

Here is a scary thought for you...

I suspect the virus will now start showing up all over the place.

With contaminated "loot", it's hard to tell how many hands will touch it...knowingly or unknowingly. From my understanding, the virus can live for several days outside a body...on clothes, bedding, walls, etc.

There are still the 17 missing patients. I heard on another site they may have found them, but no verification...so...not going to count on that one just yet.

There is little to no sanitation in West Point Liberia. They sh!t on the beach. If someone that is infected takes a dump and scurries off into the shadows...the next person stooping to pinch one off gets near the infected pile... a little water spray on there bare @ss and...voila...a potential new victim.

This has the possibilitiy to explode I think...and I was skeptical of the threat earlier.

I would not be surprised if ISIS plans on getting their hands on some of those infected goodies. Infect some Jihadists...send them to South America before symptoms become obvious. Hook them up with Coyotes in Central America and ship them into the states through Mexico. What a swath of damage that could cause.

This almost sounds like a plot for a movie...and I am really not that smart. I am sure some devout Jihadist has already thought about this.

Just think, ISIS is sitting on billions of dollars now...they could send a message down Africa way that you will pay top money for infected clothes, sheets and medical supplies...the Liberians are super poor...they would risk it to get the money to their families.

This wreaks of a planned set up to me.

But then...I have that kind of mind sometimes.

That is a fascinating theory...could just be some crazy, anti-government thugs but the fact that they TOOK the obviously infected items does make you wonder wtf is really going on here.

• Like 1

Many Africans think Ebola isn't real, the health care workers are infecting them or they are being experimented on. They don't trust their government or medicine. Africa is totally different than what we are use to. Look at how people are treated there, their governments and the extreme poverty. In many places fighting for your life is their way of life and they learn not to trust. There is well over a billion people living on the continent of Africa.

My husbands great uncle use to be ambassador to Sierra Leone.

Edited by Ashotep
  • Like 3

Ebola as a Biological Weapons Agent

As a biological weapons agent, the Ebola virus is feared for its high case-fatality rate. Because of its rarity, the disease may not be diagnosed corrected at the onset of an outbreak. Reports suggested that the Ebola virus was researched and weaponized by the former Soviet Union's biological weapons program Biopreparat. Dr. Ken Alibek, former the First Deputy Director of Biopreparat, speculated that the Russians had aerosolized the Ebola virus for dissemination as a biological weapon. The Japanese terrorist group Aum Shinrikyo reportedly sent members to Zaire during an outbreak to harvest the virus.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/intro/bio_ebola.htm

Remember Aum Shinrikyo they were behind the Sarin gas attack in Tokyo in 1995.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/1990s/qt/Sarin-Gas-Tokyo.htm

They carried all this infected stuff into a densely populated slum area of 50,000 people. The ones who did the looting definitely infected themselves. 20 patients that have tested positive for ebola fled into the slum. In 3 weeks, we should hear how many of those people were infected by all the ebola released into their area. It should give us an idea of how contagious the virus is. Will it be a high percentage or a lower one. I know this sounds cold and detached, but it may give us an idea of just how much this virus spreads.

If all these groups start releasing ebola all over western Africa like this, a plague very well could be in the making. Time will tell just by watching what happens here in the West Point slum.

As for the medicine the terrorists are against, we only know of three people who received the serum. As I said before, one is doing alright, one we can say is alive, and the priest is deceased. The doctor may have had the ability to be one of the 40% who survive on his own. He and the female missionary have been in Atlanta now for 2 weeks. How long does it take for this disease to run it's course?

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

They carried all this infected stuff into a densely populated slum area of 50,000 people. The ones who did the looting definitely infected themselves. 20 patients that have tested positive for ebola fled into the slum. In 3 weeks, we should hear how many of those people were infected by all the ebola released into their area. It should give us an idea of how contagious the virus is. Will it be a high percentage or a lower one. I know this sounds cold and detached, but it may give us an idea of just how much this virus spreads.

If all these groups start releasing ebola all over western Africa like this, a plague very well could be in the making. Time will tell just by watching what happens here in the West Point slum.

As for the medicine the terrorists are against, we only know of three people who received the serum. As I said before, one is doing alright, one we can say is alive, and the priest is deceased. The doctor may have had the ability to be one of the 40% who survive on his own. He and the female missionary have been in Atlanta now for 2 weeks. How long does it take for this disease to run it's course?

At the rate it is increasing atm, I am not seeing anything but bad news coming - 1229 dead and counting, this has the potential snowball and these guys have made that potential all but reality, grrrrr.

Having said that, I feel most sorry for their unasked for state of ignorance. Imagine being so full of fear that you don't recognize help when it comes to you? I've seen lots of animals spooked this way and it is also a human problem, fear, as usual is showing itself as our biggest enemy.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/19/world/africa/ebola-outbreak/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 4

I've been reading the doctor is looking to be released before long. Even after you well a man can still infect someone through his semen for about 7 weeks. The priest could have been too sick for the medicine to help him and he could have been older too.

Truth is there probably are many more infected people and deaths that we know. I doubt we will know exactly how many in West Point really are infected. I do expect people to flee the area that are infected spreading it further.

• Like 3

West Point Slum has been forced into isolation to try and prevent the ebola virus from spreading. All 37 patients were found and are being treated. Residents and police are clashing and no one is allowed to leave the area at gunpoint. Curfews and closures are in force.

http://www.latimes.c...0820-story.html

https://time.com/3158244/liberia-west-point-slum-ebola-disease-quarantine/ (better link)

Edited by susieice