Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The real conspiracy?

Cosmic Ray

Well I always thought Roswell happened because one person thought "the press already thinks it's aliens, lets say it's aliens so we don't have to reveal what we were really doing" before someone higher up said "OI! That's just going to cause more trouble then it's worth!".

• Like 7

I am not sure that the US government is directly behind the UFO sightings, but I do think that it is in their interest to have people believe that the flying objects seen near places like Area 51 may be alien in origin and not just advanced prototypes of "ordinary" aircrafts.

They might think that it is better for national security if potential enemies aren't quite sure what you latest technology is, instead of showing them, what might just be a new type of unmanned drone !

• Like 1

Is this the real UFO conspiracy?

Has UFO folklore been fabricated by the US government to cover up more earth-bound secrets?

Makes a lot more sense than them covering up an ET presence.

http://www.theguardi...movie?CMP=fb_gu

I would not say that UFO evidence per se has been fabricated, but when sightings that aligned with Government tests were reported, they didn't deny it either. For, I daresay, embarrassingly obvious reason. Speaking of the US Government, they wanted people to look towards to sky so any reports of sightings could be documented (Cold War jitters), yet at the same time they did not want own black projects revealed - the perfect setup. And just to quote from your link:

In a new documentary, US government agents claim they spent decades giving fake evidence of extraterrestrials to gullible ufologists. But why? And how can we trust them now?

The why should be really obvious, and the answer if we can trust them now would be a resounding no - we are talking about intelligence and counter-intelligence agencies. By posing such a question is outright ignorant. No, what we need to trust is evidence and it is very evident that no Government (or intelligence agency or whatever) has had any access to any advanced technologies from out of this world.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Is this the real UFO conspiracy?

Has UFO folklore been fabricated by the US government to cover up more earth-bound secrets?

Makes a lot more sense than them covering up an ET presence.

http://www.theguardi...movie?CMP=fb_gu

In addition to Doty, James Noce came out with some Area 51 stories too:

"We confiscated the camera, took the film out," says Noce. "We just said we worked for the government."

He says the deputy and the family were told not to talk to anybody about the crash, especially the press.

"We told them there would be dire consequences," Noce says. "You scared them."

As an added incentive, he says, the CIA arrived with a briefcase full of cash.

"I think it was like 25 grand apiece, for the sheriff and the family," says Noce.

Robarge says of cash payments to cover things up, "It was common practice."

Noce also remembers providing security in 1962 as a disassembled A-12 was trucked along back roads from Burbank to Area 51.

LINK

• Like 1

Well I always thought Roswell happened because one person thought "the press already thinks it's aliens, lets say it's aliens so we don't have to reveal what we were really doing" before someone higher up said "OI! That's just going to cause more trouble then it's worth!".

Of course that's not how it happened at all if you bother with the actual details of the events. After 30+ years of discussing these events to death I won't hold my breath.

For what it's worth here is a quick 1 2 3 run down of the History.

1. the Army was investigating sightings at least as early as WWII with foo fighter reports and later reports in Europe after the war with ramped up significantly in the fall of '46 and spring of '47 when the sightings began to be reported in the US.

2. Kenneth Arnold's sighting got the attention of the Press in the summer of '47. Gen. Ramey implied these were Aliens to the Press. Gen. Twining knew the Air Force was about to break away from the Army initiated a seperate investigation on July 2nd '47.

3. the 509th claims they recovered a "flying disk" (the same Gen. Ramey implied was/wasn't Aliens) and later Gen. Ramey holds a Press Conference to say people are just seeing weather balloons and the Press looks stupid and stops reporting the phenomena all while the Air Force continues a very real and secret investigation into the phenomena.

It's that simple. Thats why no-one heard about it again until 1978 when it became a discussion about Aliens again because it wasn't about Aliens to begin with it was about embarrasing the Press at the time to stop reporting on the phenomena while the fledgling Air Force took over the secret investion and pushed the Army out of it.

• Like 1

1 and 2 have nothing to do with Roswell.

Yes they do. Roswell was an event fabricated to embarass the press so they would stop reporting sightings. It took place 2 weeks after Ken Arnold's sighting made Headlines worldwide and one week after Gen. Twining ordered a secret investigation of the Phenomena. An investigation that never mentions Roswell, because it was Fabricated in the first place and had nothing to do with the Phenomena being studied in secret.

• Like 1

Greetings All,

Quick bio about me in regards to the UFO/ET phenomena. I was keenly interested in UFOs since at least the age of 7, purchasing (and still in possession of) my 1st UFO book. Currently in my 40's and have kept interest in the phenomenon "off and on" over the course of my life.

I do remember when in college that I read a book by J. Vallee that didn’t fit into my preconceived ideas of what the UFO phenomena was about, so I just dismissed his work since it was more related to spirituality/shamanism/etc. At the time, I didn’t think the two were inter-related.

Years later I read books by Dr. Mack, and again he hypothesizes more or less the same findings as Vallee.

Only a few years ago I saw an interview on youtube of Dr. Hynek mentioning his thoughts that the ETs are probably inter-dimensional beings.

Increasingly, many in the religious/spiritual area and UFO area are gaining common ground.

In closing, maybe there was, and continues to be, a "grand design" of fabricated deception to keep the masses in the dark about … God only knows

So people think this,and some times they are covering up top sercet air craft.when I was a kid my brother lived in Cali and worked for Northrop years later he told me about there b2 . I did not bevielle him

Perhaps Doctor Who is not very much sci fi after all!

So people think this,and some times they are covering up top sercet air craft.when I was a kid my brother lived in Cali and worked for Northrop years later he told me about there b2 . I did not bevielle him

LOL, bet you said BS!! it was Alienz!!!

Nyuck nyuck nyuck

Edited by psyche101

The why should be really obvious, and the answer if we can trust them now would be a resounding no - we are talking about intelligence and counter-intelligence agencies. By posing such a question is outright ignorant. No, what we need to trust is evidence and it is very evident that no Government (or intelligence agency or whatever) has had any access to any advanced technologies from out of this world.

Merely curious, as I don't necessarily disagree with you, how are you so certain that "it is very evident"? What is your evidence to provide a basis for this stupendous declaration? These are rhetorical questions obviously, as unless you have worked in the highest of high positions within all governments you indeed cannot have this kind of knowledge.

Merely curious, as I don't necessarily disagree with you, how are you so certain that "it is very evident"? What is your evidence to provide a basis for this stupendous declaration? These are rhetorical questions obviously, as unless you have worked in the highest of high positions within all governments you indeed cannot have this kind of knowledge.

Fair question, please allow me to elaborate. Every single advanced technological invention done by mankind has a long history of research and development. The usual suspects always paraded: Laser, Fiber Optics, Memory metal (Nitinol) and so on. I have not yet seen a single invention that has been even remotely mysterious in it's origin. Secondly, Governments typically do not invent stuff.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I have not yet seen a single invention that has been even remotely mysterious in it's origin.

What about Vegemite?

Who looks at the black scum that forms on beer destillers and thinks "that'd be great on toast?".

Yes they do. Roswell was an event fabricated to embarass the press so they would stop reporting sightings. It took place 2 weeks after Ken Arnold's sighting made Headlines worldwide and one week after Gen. Twining ordered a secret investigation of the Phenomena. An investigation that never mentions Roswell, because it was Fabricated in the first place and had nothing to do with the Phenomena being studied in secret.

Now that, that's an interesting take on the Roswell business.

Not a disinformation exercise. not a coverup, but a massive Mission: Impossible style discrediting exercise on the entire world's press.

Ohh the scope of that's breathtaking.

What about Vegemite?

Who looks at the black scum that forms on beer destillers and thinks "that'd be great on toast?".

OK, point taken, I stand corrected....vegemite (what the rest of the civilized world would call axle grease and use as such) is definitely out of this world and is probably prohibited in 90% of the Known Universe!

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Now that, that's an interesting take on the Roswell business.

Not a disinformation exercise. not a coverup, but a massive Mission: Impossible style discrediting exercise on the entire world's press.

Ohh the scope of that's breathtaking.

I don't know about "breathtaking", there were many more complicated counter intelligence operations just two years before during WWII. There is lots of evidence that is what happened and it worked for a year until the Press again began reorting UFO sightings with the Chiles-Whitted UFO case that occured on July 24th 1948.