Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

signs that something is meant to be

JM1197

So I'm going through a lot of stuff right now. Mainly with what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. Last year I discovered my dream college. I applied, got in. But in the end my family could not afford it so I'm stuff at community college for the year. But today after having a really emotional morning, I got this urge to want to try again for the school. Meaning I got the urge to apply again and transfer. The school is my dream but I don't know if it's right?

I was literally in a state of depression for the past 2-3 months when I was told I couldn't attend and now I got my motivation back and I'm excited, but I'm just worried that I'm getting my hopes up and I'll be heartbroken again.

Do you think this is a sign? During my college research and everything when I was picking the school I would see numbers, 47911. Those were the main numbers I was seeing, I no longer see them but during my process I always thought they were a sign of something? I'm thinking it's best for me to transfer to the school because I will have a lot more time to get money together, ect. I'm starting to see positive rather than negative of the whole situation. But again, I'm worried I'm just being falsely lead. And I won't attend the school.

What do you think?

Follow your heart...happiness is very important in life after all. Have you tried to apply for any grants/scholarships to help financially? I hope all goes well and you get to attend the college of your dreams.

• Like 1

Iv always found it funny people have "dream colleges"

None thing wrong with the cheaper option of community college. But yes I know every kid wants to run away from home and party because its the best four years of your life :innocent: . Best marketing scam in history

My advice to you is to do some soul searching, why is this school so important to you that you went into a depression over it? The answer may surprise you

Edited by spartan max2

Iv always found it funny people have "dream colleges"

None thing wrong with the cheaper option of community college. But yes I know every kid wants to run away from home and party because its the best four years of your life :innocent: . Best marketing scam in history

My advice to you is to do some soul searching, why is this school so important to you that you went into a depression over it? The answer may surprise you

I have large ambitions for myself and I'm not staying at school where I'll have no growth. That's why community college is not for me. I went into depression because I had no idea where I was going to school. No idea whatsoever. I was feeling sorry for myself and finally I'm out of that stage, and I'm not into partying. I'm going to miss that stage anyway with being home.... I'm very career driven and I know what I want. This school is in a large city that I love. I just feel a connection with the school that's why it's so important to me. I can't get away from it.

The first thing you have to do on the road to your future is take the first step. Your future is a book of blank pages and no mystical hand of fate will lay your future out for you. You and only you can write on those pages. By your own hand the story of your life will be written, and by no other. Make it a good one.

Edited by John Wesley Boyd
  • Like 3

So I'm going through a lot of stuff right now. Mainly with what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. Last year I discovered my dream college. I applied, got in. But in the end my family could not afford it so I'm stuff at community college for the year. But today after having a really emotional morning, I got this urge to want to try again for the school. Meaning I got the urge to apply again and transfer. The school is my dream but I don't know if it's right?

I was literally in a state of depression for the past 2-3 months when I was told I couldn't attend and now I got my motivation back and I'm excited, but I'm just worried that I'm getting my hopes up and I'll be heartbroken again.

Do you think this is a sign? During my college research and everything when I was picking the school I would see numbers, 47911. Those were the main numbers I was seeing, I no longer see them but during my process I always thought they were a sign of something? I'm thinking it's best for me to transfer to the school because I will have a lot more time to get money together, ect. I'm starting to see positive rather than negative of the whole situation. But again, I'm worried I'm just being falsely lead. And I won't attend the school.

What do you think?

If you somehow can afford it, do it. I also had a dream university but it was too expensive so I went to another university (and my student life is okay.), but maybe at the other university it would have been the same, who knows.I don`t regret that I attend the cheaper university, but at the beginning I was sad that I couldn't attend the more expensive one...... Anyway if you get in and if you can afford it , do it, if the college sucks then at least you know it was your decision.

The important thing is that you make a decision either for the cheap one or for the expensive one, dont think "you had to pick the cheap one" with that attitude your college life will suck.

Does 47911 correspond to a specific class? Where I'm going to college, all classes have a five-digit catalog number.

• 2 weeks later...

Life has a way of working out. Just because you are not at your first choice of college it does not mean it will not work out for the best. Or if you were at your first choice college that life would be better. We all experience disappointments in life and it shapes us into the person we will become. Where ever you are make the most of the situation you are in and try not to dwell on the what ifs.

What do you think?

Well I'm 50 this year and all I can say is that if not getting into a school you want has you majorly depressed, you should stock up on antidepressants!

If you're young enough to be stressing on college, you've got many many years ahead of you and god knows how many strange roads to travel. Breathe easy. Row row row your boat gently down the stream. Merrily Merrily Merrily Merrily. Life is but a dream..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As we go through life we react to events that happen around us, which in turn shape our experience of life. So I would say, these events are the signs that something is meant to be. The outcome of our reaction to these events, is entirely up to our own free will. :unsure2:

A good college can help you landing up in a good job. So if you can get to your dream college it's good btw I am assuming that the dream college is not the one like American pie. ask your parents to sell some property or take student loan or ask your relatives for loan.

Did those number show up in your life somewhere or you were just seeing them with no consequences?

nope, if you gaive up and say its a sign then all you do i life is just to sit back and let others decide your life.