Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WHO Accepts Use of Untested Ebola Medicines

OverSword

MADRID—The World Health Organization declared Tuesday that it’s ethical to use unproven Ebola drugs and vaccines in the outbreak in West Africa provided the right conditions are met.

The statement from the U.N. health agency came amid a worldwide debate over the medical ethnics surrounding the Ebola outbreak, which it has called an international health emergency. However the agency sidestepped the key questions of who should get the limited drugs and how that should be decided.

Link to article

Edited by Still Waters
Reduced amount of copied text - the rest can be viewed in source link

Long story short, if I had ebola (facing a 50% death rate), I'd take any experimental drug they gave me, because if I died or had further complications they'd know. If it worked, they'd also know and other people might survive.

• Like 5

And I can see how certain groups are going to "spin" this - more experimenting on "the black man" for example.

• Like 3

Certain groups are nor smart. This outbreak is very severe and has a very high potential for spreading. Ever and all efforts should be used in an attempt to contain it.